Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
Only 45 minutes away from RV6 if they want a stock '12 TL SH-AWD to dyno
Perfect! Let's get it arranged!

Originally Posted by KarKraze
to K Tuner for making this product available and Kenny @ Turbogixxer for his work and effort in tuning my car.
Much appreciated.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
I suggest no one post numbers, those who bought it, and are tuning know whether it's worth the money or not. Those that don't, well they'll just have to put their money were their mouths are.

Why should anyone's hard work, time and effort be free? What's in it for them? I nor they are getting a kick back.
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
^^^^^

Agree.

It should be the KTuner company and its dealer network, who should provide all these various data maps to all KTuner customers.

After all, it is them who are reaping in all the profits from selling the KTuner products.

Unless, of course, if the KTuner customers, who have spent their own time and their own money doing dyno tunes in helping to produce these useful data maps, get reimbursed for their contributions.
Bingo, give this man a medal.

You gotta pay to play but some people want to play after others pay .
I guess using your guys logic we should throw out eBay reviews, Amazon reviews, actually....really any review on any website period.

Flawless logic guys.

Admittedly, I feel Ktuner should be providing proof themselves, but for the user community to withhold information from themselves just seems counterintuitive.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Burning Brakes

As another thought - it's not like AEM provided me with stats when I bought the EMS for the S2000. And a VAFC doesn't give you numbers either. Nor did my Phearable chipped P28.

I guess if they just show that it does work as intended on this application (Acura TL) that would be enough from KTuner.

You almost have to rely on the user community to provide the numbers. KTuner can't provide dyno's for every single application/combination of JPipe, Exhaust, Intake, etc.

I am surprised the early adopters didn't receive a discount though. (Assuming that's the case as Edward'TLS has stated)
Old 07-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Wow...I thought the whole point of online communities like this was to help each other out by sharing advice and information, not withholding it.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Drifting

Received 671 Likes on 541 Posts
"Muffin Man", I have read several of your posts and even communicated with you a few times, you strike me as an intelligent individual, do let me explain myself.
I have been in constant contact with HeartTls since the testing of this software began, we share a lot of thoughts, ideas etc over the last several months.

Personally, I have had numerous emails between Kenny and James (K Tuner), a lot of time and effort over the past few weeks logging, taking my car to a track to run it safely for WOT pulls etc. Not very many people is willing to invest the time and effort to do this so it is annoying from my perspective when people doubt what we are saying.
To be honest , when a dyno sheet comes out there will still be doubters and people trying to prove it's wrong.

No one wanted to provide a tuning solution for our cars, KTuner did and as such we should give the man the his due respect as opposed to saying his product is sketch etc.
I have read hundreds of posts over in the Accord forum and from others who used his product and could not find one negative comment. Since I have been dealing with him his response is quick and on point, all these things speak volumes of his dedication and business practice.

With this product in its infancy stage for the 4G and limited testers it will take time for all the results to trickle in, if people have patience we will get there.

As far as dyno testing, here in Toronto it is almost an impossibility to find a tuner with a linked AWD dyno. Believe me, I tried many shops, the one that does have it outright refused to undertake my car.

I hope people understand this and stop being negative unless the have the evidence to do so.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

"Muffin Man", I have read several of your posts and even communicated with you a few times, you strike me as an intelligent individual, do let me explain myself.
I have been in constant contact with HeartTls since the testing of this software began, we share a lot of thoughts, ideas etc over the last several months.

Personally, I have had numerous emails between Kenny and James (K Tuner), a lot of time and effort over the past few weeks logging, taking my car to a track to run it safely for WOT pulls etc. Not very many people is willing to invest the time and effort to do this so it is annoying from my perspective when people doubt what we are saying.
To be honest , when a dyno sheet comes out there will still be doubters and people trying to prove it's wrong.

No one wanted to provide a tuning solution for our cars, KTuner did and as such we should give the man the his due respect as opposed to saying his product is sketch etc.
I have read hundreds of posts over in the Accord forum and from others who used his product and could not find one negative comment. Since I have been dealing with him his response is quick and on point, all these things speak volumes of his dedication and business practice.

With this product in its infancy stage for the 4G and limited testers it will take time for all the results to trickle in, if people have patience we will get there.

As far as dyno testing, here in Toronto it is almost an impossibility to find a tuner with a linked AWD dyno. Believe me, I tried many shops, the one that does have it outright refused to undertake my car.

I hope people understand this and stop being negative unless the have the evidence to do so.
Hehe, I like that you quoted my name like that. Gave me a giggle.

I don't want you guys to get the wrong picture, I think HeartTLS is a cool dude and definitely don't have anything against him or you. Actually am waiting on my bonus check to see if I can scoop up his intake!

Maybe the issue is that these threads have been slightly premature, and RV6 and ExcelleratePerformance offering package deals with KTuner very premature give that the product is still in infancy.

I'm really not trying to doubt what you guys are saying, I just don't think it's fair to say the tuning product is actually solving an issue (or working) when there's no hard numbers behind it (beyond the pretty air/fuel graphs on the tune).

And while it has been used on other platforms successfully, most of those platforms (like the Accord) have FlashPro available to them as well. That would lead me to believe that they're either easier to modify or something to that effect.

The only way to tell it's truly working is that dyno tune - and not just a single "after" dyno tune, but ideally "stock", "mods", "mods+tune" similar to the MDX one pictured on the previous page.

I do agree that it'd be nice for Ktuner to discount either the product or offer to pay for dyno sessions to prove their product for the TL platform.

So I guess in short, maybe it's best if no one does jump on the bandwagon yet until the product has matured and we've got some good data behind it.

I would absolutely buy one assuming it's proven after I get some power mods (j-pipe, exhaust, intake) going.

*edit* And it appears I have an AWD dyno local to me (same city).

Last edited by TheMuffinMan; 07-20-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Instructor

Looks like we may have a TL coming in next Thursday for results that can be posted.

The original testers were given a discount, actually. They tested proof of concept, logging, and flashing new parameters into the ECU. Another vehicle was tuned remotely. That dyno is not available to post, as I've mentioned several times previously. One of the testers went on to get e-tuned by TurboGixxerTuning very successfully and has posted that he's been very pleased. Several others have begun that process as well, happily. This isn't in its infancy as a platform, there's just no dyno I can post currently for the TL. Next week, hopefully.

There's no FlashPro available for several of the smaller markets like this one. There's also no FlashPro available for any of the ECUs driven by Motorola processors, which your TL is.
The following users liked this post:
callahan (07-22-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
I suggest no one post numbers, those who bought it, and are tuning know whether it's worth the money or not. Those that don't, well they'll just have to put their money were their mouths are.

Why should anyone's hard work, time and effort be free? What's in it for them? I nor they are getting a kick back.
Come on you cant really mean this...that would be :theghey:..I'm not telling buy it for your self..LMMFAO
Old 07-22-2015, 03:39 PM
CBP UA9 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Hehe, I like that you quoted my name like that. Gave me a giggle.

I don't want you guys to get the wrong picture, I think HeartTLS is a cool dude and definitely don't have anything against him or you. Actually am waiting on my bonus check to see if I can scoop up his intake!

Maybe the issue is that these threads have been slightly premature, and RV6 and ExcelleratePerformance offering package deals with KTuner very premature give that the product is still in infancy.

I'm really not trying to doubt what you guys are saying, I just don't think it's fair to say the tuning product is actually solving an issue (or working) when there's no hard numbers behind it (beyond the pretty air/fuel graphs on the tune).

And while it has been used on other platforms successfully, most of those platforms (like the Accord) have FlashPro available to them as well. That would lead me to believe that they're either easier to modify or something to that effect.

The only way to tell it's truly working is that dyno tune - and not just a single "after" dyno tune, but ideally "stock", "mods", "mods+tune" similar to the MDX one pictured on the previous page.

I do agree that it'd be nice for Ktuner to discount either the product or offer to pay for dyno sessions to prove their product for the TL platform.

So I guess in short, maybe it's best if no one does jump on the bandwagon yet until the product has matured and we've got some good data behind it.

I would absolutely buy one assuming it's proven after I get some power mods (j-pipe, exhaust, intake) going.

*edit* And it appears I have an AWD dyno local to me (same city).
off-topic but where in VA are you? There is a guy at my work that has one with the plate "SH AWD" but i have yet to meet him.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blkpnthrTL10
off-topic but where in VA are you? There is a guy at my work that has one with the plate "SH AWD" but i have yet to meet him.
HAHAHA

That's me
csmeance (07-23-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
^^^^small world
Old 07-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by NwTSXmt
Come on you cant really mean this...that would be :theghey:..I'm not telling buy it for your self..LMMFAO
I absolutely mean what I wrote, you're misrepresenting my thoughts on the matter. The reason why I feel the nay sayers should just buy it and determine whether it's worth the money or not is for the following reasons:

1) Tuning is a proven concept. Why is it a mystery as to whether ktuner or any other software will work/make gains?

2) Those who have bought it have given their honest (positive) opinion, those who haven't respond by saying prove it works/is worth the money. Why? Are you going to send them a check? We're all adults here, I'm immune to that type of peer pressure or whatever you want to call it, there's nothing to prove.

3) The companies who profit from the sale of Ktuner and other performance parts should fund dyno time if they what proof that their products work with the intention of using that as a marketing tool.

Cliff notes, get it yourself if you don't believe it works or the information other members have posted and get done dyno time or send those that have it a check.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
I absolutely mean what I wrote, you're misrepresenting my thoughts on the matter. The reason why I feel the nay sayers should just buy it and determine whether it's worth the money or not is for the following reasons:

1) Tuning is a proven concept. Why is it a mystery as to whether ktuner or any other software will work/make gains?

2) Those who have bought it have given their honest (positive) opinion, those who haven't respond by saying prove it works/is worth the money. Why? Are you going to send them a check? We're all adults here, I'm immune to that type of peer pressure or whatever you want to call it, there's nothing to prove.

3) The companies who profit from the sale of Ktuner and other performance parts should fund dyno time if they what proof that their products work with the intention of using that as a marketing tool.

Cliff notes, get it yourself if you don't believe it works or the information other members have posted and get done dyno time or send those that have it a check.
I don't think it's a matter of whether guys think ktuner works, it's a matter of whether guys are getting an additional 3hp with their jpipe, intake and pcds or whether they're freeing up 15-20hp. That is what will help guys determine if this mod is worth it.

Also regardless of what guys are squeezing out for hp/tq it's not really a reflection on ktuner being a good or bad product, it's a reflection on whether the platform is worth tuning in the first place.

Last edited by wreak; 07-24-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the part of the forum conversation I do not like...

I think KTuner has done a great job and I personally am thankful for this release.

Look, they did what Hondata wouldn't. Isn't that work a thumbs up at least?

Not everyone has over $1K to spend on the product and the tune and all the other performance parts... I know we all own a $30K or more car here, but I'm checking this forum for the fun of it, not to hoard my findings....

Anyone remember the "G2IC.com" days? There was an entire section just for tips/fixes for all kinds... That's what I grew up on, not this petty bs about to share or not to share. Who the hell cares anyways?

Thank you KTuner, Acurazine, XLR8, ATLP, RV6, CT Engineering, and all the members here for being tight and believing in the 4G.

I respect Heart's opinion, I just don't think beggars can be choosers all the time. (Some of the time cool )

You all Rock!

-Hurleyman123
Old 07-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Instructor

You're welcome.

I've mentioned that the included tune is conservative because of how far the intakes we've seen on this platform can throw the fueling off. If you're running lean and the timing is aggressive, that's really bad news. The recommendation will continue to be full tuning or e-tuning.

As we do more testing with the platform and the intakes that are out there I hope to release more tune stages and with that... more power.
KarKraze (07-25-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 11:44 AM
CBP UA9 6MT

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
HAHAHA

That's me
Ha. awesome. PM sent
Old 07-25-2015, 02:39 PM
9th Gear

Congrats guys from the DriveAccord forum (8th gen) we got exactly what your getting BETA version of ktuner surely does make a difference w or w/o bolt ons, I remember the excitement as we thought it would never come similar to yall.. still waiting patiently for rev limiter to be removed and for forced induction support
Old 07-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Instructor

Speed limiter, ya. Working on it!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay pardon my ignorance but this car is going to be my first foray into any sort of tuning. I am curious if this tuner solution will make it easier for the development of say a supercharger or turbo kit in the future?

I read that previous attempts at forced induction causes all kind of code errors, but would this solve those issues?
Old 07-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Possibly in the future.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

LMMFAO....Enjoy your Beast...
Old 07-31-2015, 12:16 PM
CLS^6

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
Possibly in the future.
Question for Ktuner...
Given that there are several cars that have now been tuned.

What is the likelihood of an updated map being included with the Ktuner software in the NEAR FUTURE that accounts for the 2 most common aftermarket intakes. There must be good data now available to account for the Icebox/Jpipe combo (***and hopefully a kickback to the beta testers).

1. Icebox + Jpipe w/cat delete
2. Takeda + Jpipe

If this is in the near future, then I would happily line up to pay.

I dont believe the cat-back systems really do anything so left those off the list.

Last edited by suspekt360; 07-31-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Instructor

I don't have said data. The tuners would need to submit their tuned MAF calibrations for public usage or I'd need vehicles locally to retune with the intakes on them.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Im a member of the 8th gen accord community, and I remember about 2 years back when Ktuner began working on a solution for the 8th gens. I asked him if he's thinking about possibly going after the 4g TL and he said yes, so here we are now. So far Ktuner has been released for the I4 accord and V6. From what I see everyone has been getting satisfactory results especially with bolt ons. I dont see a reason why that would differ for the 4G TL.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dropten:
csmeance (08-01-2015), KSeriesTuner (07-31-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Big Mo

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
YES! I'm going in.

Dropping my car off at RV6 tonight. They are going to do some Dyno testing on my SH-AWD from stock to RV6 V2 jpipe to ktuner. My hats off to ktuner for flipping the bill on the testing! It shows they are serious about their product and are willing to do their part so we can get some numbers out there for the rest of us. They should be done with testing by the weekend.
The following 4 users liked this post by Big mo:
arpypat (08-07-2015), carbonTSEX (08-06-2015), HeartTLs (08-07-2015), TheMuffinMan (08-07-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 06:58 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
That is very legit for KTuner to do. This should definitely help increase their sales to hesitant buyers. Good luck with your tuning and enjoy! Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I just got my Ktuner Kit in and I have an appointment with a shop that will tune and dyno my car for $250. I am going to post my results on saturday ( August 8th) with my results.
Current mods:
Takeda Intake
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
RV6 HFPC
ATLP Jpipe
ATLP Test Pipe
Borla Mufflers
Old 08-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would kick some butt to see a video of before and after dyno runs . I can't tell you I have seen a SH dyno on YouTube yet...

I'm freakin excited!!!

Thank you Both for sharing!

What is the normal charge for RV6 to dyno tune the 4G ?
Old 08-07-2015, 07:18 AM
5th Gear

Wow, I am really surprised at some of these responses.
Either way. Ktuner and RV6 have some numbers to post from recent testing of a 2012 SH-AWD.
Stock tune, High flow precast, V2 J-pipe, etc.
They have audio clips too...

A big thanks to Ktuner, RV6 and company.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Instructor

Yup, we did several hours worth of testing on a 6AT AWD and we're going to do more testing today and tomorrow on a 5AT AWD. An update will be released with these tunes and I've made the air/fuel more conservative to hopefully counteract some of the intakes that are out there.

Originally Posted by Brandon J. Downhour
I just got my Ktuner Kit in and I have an appointment with a shop that will tune and dyno my car for $250. I am going to post my results on saturday ( August 8th) with my results.
Current mods:
Takeda Intake
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
RV6 HFPC
ATLP Jpipe
ATLP Test Pipe
Borla Mufflers
What's your model and year?

The intake may throw off the conservative base tune, but your tuner should be able to correct for that and get you tuned up properly!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Big mo
Dropping my car off at RV6 tonight. They are going to do some Dyno testing on my SH-AWD from stock to RV6 V2 jpipe to ktuner. My hats off to ktuner for flipping the bill on the testing! It shows they are serious about their product and are willing to do their part so we can get some numbers out there for the rest of us. They should be done with testing by the weekend.
This is what should happen, glad to hear it and curious to see what the results are.

Are you doing a PCD or HFC as well?
Old 08-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Big mo
I'm definitely excited to see the results!
Old 08-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey guys I'm parting out my car and I have Ktuner unlocked for sale . message me if you are interested
Old 08-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Current mods:
Takeda Intake
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
RV6 HFPC
ATLP Jpipe
ATLP Test Pipe
Borla Mufflers
Ok just got back from the dyno, I have pics and I'll upload them once I get a chance. Baseline run with mods listed above for a 2012 3.5 tl it was averaging 270whp. We started the tuning process and then eventually got it to 287whp. Then when did a few more adjustments and got it to 321whp. I was mind blown, but then something stranged happen, after we did a 3rd pull after getting it to 321whp it seemed like it reverted back to factory tune and never got above 270whp again. My tune shop sent and email to ktuner to see what is going on.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Instructor

It can't revert to a stock tune. When you flash you overwrite all of the data, maps, and settings in the ECU. Knock control can, however, take over and retard timing if it's not properly tuned or completely disabled. In your datalogs you can see what knock control is doing and how much knock retard is being applied. Your tuner should have been monitoring this during the tuning process.

I've received no email from your tuner.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Instructor

I'm also assuming he didn't continue running the vehicle with high ECTs or high IATs as both of these can pull timing considerably as well. If all of your runs weren't done at close temperatures they can vary quite a bit. You didn't really mention if there were breaks in between runs or that he at least waited for temperatures to cool down before running again, so I'll add this info for everyone as well.

Running with the ECT in the 170s (176 being the target) is key to repeatable dyno tuning. This is Honda's target normal operating temperature for most platforms and where no timing adjustments will be made against the current ECT temp. A lot of tuners will continue running the vehicle over and over and these TLs get hot quick. With three runs on top of each other, starting at 174, we saw upwards of 205 degree ECTs. At 203 ECT the ECU is pulling 5 degrees of timing and causing substantial power loss. This is on top of any existing knock retard that's already being applied. Good info for anyone attempting to tune these vehicles.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:57 AM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Ok just got back from the dyno, I have pics and I'll upload them once I get a chance. Baseline run with mods listed above for a 2012 3.5 tl it was averaging 270whp. We started the tuning process and then eventually got it to 287whp. Then when did a few more adjustments and got it to 321whp. I was mind blown, but then something stranged happen, after we did a 3rd pull after getting it to 321whp it seemed like it reverted back to factory tune and never got above 270whp again. My tune shop sent and email to ktuner to see what is going on.
321? With bolt on's wow. Impressive
Old 08-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Banned

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Mind sharing what dyno was used? air temp? and elevation?

The 3.5 L engine has 280 HP stock,hypothetically speaking lets assume that the mods without the tune compensated for most of the driveline loss putting you at 270 WHP. I am cautiously optimistic of your results as it is highly impossible to gain 51 HP from a N/A engine with an ECU tune, boosted engine yes.

Don't get me wrong,would love it if the TL could produce these numbers.

Last edited by ALFAQ; 08-09-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Im awaiting the arrival of my tuner... waiting to hear back from turbogixxer about an etune... I'll share my experiences as I progress
Old 08-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
At 203 ECT the ECU is pulling 5 degrees of timing and causing substantial power loss.
Made an error here reviewing the log... ECT timing being pulled was 3 at 210F. IAT contributed to the other 2 degrees.

Quick Reply: Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL