Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Okay so I started the car up after the whole process and something is definitely wrong, the basically wouldn't move. I would put it in reverse and it was very hard to rev the motor up and the car wouldn't go anywhere when I put my foot on the petal, so I went to move back to my spot and the same thing, the car would barely move even when I put my foot down. The car made some weird noises and I shut it right off. I will not be turning it back on and until Ktuner lets me know what is going on
Old 12-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Drifting

Received 671 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by ffmjst
Okay so I started the car up after the whole process and something is definitely wrong, the basically wouldn't move. I would put it in reverse and it was very hard to rev the motor up and the car wouldn't go anywhere when I put my foot on the petal, so I went to move back to my spot and the same thing, the car would barely move even when I put my foot down. The car made some weird noises and I shut it right off. I will not be turning it back on and until Ktuner lets me know what is going on
That is really odd, hope you don't mind me asking a few questions

1) Did you register the unit with K Tuner?

2) Did you lock the unit to your ECU and use the serial # of your ECU ?
Old 12-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Racer

Of course not, the help is appreciated. I am pretty sure I registered the unit with Ktuner but I may have entered the wrong user name and password so I'm not sure if it was correct or not. Secondly I did lock it to my ECU but I never typed in any serial numbers or anything like that but it did ask me to lock Ktuner to my ECU which I did
Old 12-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Drifting

OK, I am trying to upload a video of the process to Photobucket ( its taking forever ) . I will then try to upload it to Azine so you can see if you followed the process completely.

May be a while though.

You could reset it to the factory tune.
The following users liked this post:
carbonTSEX (12-25-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 08:48 PM
Racer

Wow awesome thank you so much! No need to rush, enjoy Christmas with your family! I probably will reset it to factory and I want to possibly start from scratch with the software but I'm not sure if I delete the software and then re download it if it will mess anything up. I'm kind of scared to start the car back up the way it sounded and felt lol
Old 12-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Drifting

Wow awesome thank you so much! No need to rush, enjoy Christmas with your family! I probably will reset it to factory and I want to possibly start from scratch with the software but I'm not sure if I delete the software and then re download it if it will mess anything up. I'm kind of scared to start the car back up the way it sounded and felt lol

Totally understand. With the unit plugged in to the OBD port you can choose the reset to factory and the stock tune will be loaded.

I cannot upload the video to Photobucket, it is too long. Not sure how to get it to you.

Christmas celebrations are over lol.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Racer

Hope you had a good Christmas but YouTube maybe? If it's to much trouble no need to worry about it. I will upload the base tune tomorrow and hope that works and then try to re download the tune after. I just don't get how I could have messed up the process
Old 12-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Drifting

Hope you had a good Christmas but YouTube maybe? If it's to much trouble no need to worry about it. I will upload the base tune tomorrow and hope that works and then try to re download the tune after. I just don't get how I could have messed up the process

I had great Christmas, thank you. Hope you had a good one too. You Tube says about two hours for a 5 minute video.You will probably see it tomorrow. It might be helpful to others also.

I will try and walk you through the process

Ignition off,K Tuner software open plug the unit in to the OBD, Plug one end of the cable to the unit and other end to USB port on your laptop.

Turn on ignition, laptop screen will show a window that shows RETRY--- Recover ECU---Disconnect. Turn on Ignition and Click RETRY, the bottom left of laptop screen will display a green bar that shows "Logging". Look at the top of your screen you will see an Up Arrow ( fifth icon from the left), click on that.

Another window will open up asking "Are you sure you want to erase your ECU and upload base code" click YES.

Bottom left of your screen will display a yellow bar showing " Erasing ECU" also your MID will start to show warnings such as "Check Emission System" "Check SH AWD System" "Check VSA System" etc.

Yellow bar at left of screen will change to green showing a percentage of the reflashing, wait until it reaches 100% . Another window will open up saying
"Please Key Vehicle off and on before hitting OK"

Key vehicle off and wait until you hear a click (few seconds) turn on the ignition without starting the car , click OK on the window. After clicking OK , switch off the ignition again , then you can start the car.

Window at the bottom left of your screen should now be green and display "Logging". At this point you tune is now uploaded , all warning lights should disappear.

Last edited by KarKraze; 12-25-2015 at 09:43 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by KarKraze:
carbonTSEX (12-25-2015), ffmjst (12-25-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Drifting

Just got the video uploaded to YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKA9...ature=youtu.be

Hope this helps.
The following 3 users liked this post by KarKraze:
carbonTSEX (12-25-2015), ffmjst (12-25-2015), Samba (12-28-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 10:53 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
Works the same for push start I'm assuming. Thanks for the upload. Definitely helpful.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:28 PM
Racer

Thanks a lot KarKraze!!! I really appreciate the help as I'm sure many others do as well! I will follow your steps step by step tomorrow morning and hope everything goes smoothly this time. I'm going to watch the video now as well, again thank you for all time and help!

Also do you guys think I did any damage to my motor by doing what I did?
Old 12-25-2015, 11:41 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks a lot KarKraze!!! I really appreciate the help as I'm sure many others do as well! I will follow your steps step by step tomorrow morning and hope everything goes smoothly this time. I'm going to watch the video now as well, again thank you for all time and help!

Also do you guys think I did any damage to my motor by doing what I did?
Do you recall which tune you uploaded?
Old 12-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Racer

Yes I believe it said tune 1 or base tune 1. There was only available tune for the 2010 TL
Old 12-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Racer

Awesome video
Old 12-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
I will not be turning it back on and until Ktuner lets me know what is going on
This is interesting because I have no voicemails or emails from you.

Sounds like you finished the flash just fine or you wouldn't be able to start it at all. I don't change the fueling at anything other than WOT so if your fuel trims are being heavily corrected you either have one of the poorly designed intakes or a problem with your fuel system.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Racer

I didn't leave any voicemails or emails, I meant once you answered through this thread. And as we speak I am about to start the reflash process again right now
Old 12-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Instructor

It's best to use proper support outlets for support.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Racer

So I reset the car to stock, took it for a quick spin and everything was okay. I then reflashed the car with the base tune and everything seems to be good now. I took it for a drive and the car feels pretty good, feels smooth and I can definitely feel some extra power. At first it was felt a little weird but it was probably just the ECU adjusting. Thanks everyone for the help, looking forward to getting it dyno tuned!
KSeriesTuner (12-27-2015)
Old 12-26-2015, 01:06 PM
The Original Shawdy

Glad you got it working. What performance more do you have ffmjst?
Old 12-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Racer

I have a K&N intake, XLR8 jpipe, and custom exhaust with magnaflow mufflers and both resonator deletes, not too many power mods so I hope I still significant gains. I had purchased the pre cat deletes but ended up returning them because of a lack of time to install them and because of the negative effects and emission testing in Jersey). May go with HFPC down the line.

Also is it best to take it easy on the car right after the reflash so the ECU can adjust?
Old 12-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by carbonTSEX
To answer your last question you disconnect it. You don't need to leave it in.
This the question I had lol. The is good to know....Sucks the ride down for the winter but after that upload and a sneak pull I'm happy.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested in the K-turner after reading this thread.
May anyone know any tuning shops in Southern California who are capable and experienced with Ktuner like TurbogixxerTuning? I am appreciated your input.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rosefresh99
I am interested in the K-turner after reading this thread.
May anyone know any tuning shops in Southern California who are capable and experienced with Ktuner like TurbogixxerTuning? I am appreciated your input.
Church Automotive Testing and maybe Bisimoto not sure if the specialize in Ktuner but a email or phone call they might be able to help. But in Socal I'm sure there plenty options over there.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Instructor

Bisimoto and KVTuned have experience with KTuner. I'm not sure if Church will tune it.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the infor
Do you have their phone or email ?
Old 12-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
Bisimoto and KVTuned have experience with KTuner. I'm not sure if Church will tune it.
Would Evan tuning in Pennsylvania do it as well?
Old 12-28-2015, 06:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rosefresh99
Thank you for the infor
Do you have their phone or email ?
KVTuned is a dealer, so his info is on the dealers page. For Bisi see their site.

Originally Posted by CruzanTLSH-AWD
Would Evan tuning in Pennsylvania do it as well?
I have not heard of him using it at this point.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:42 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by CruzanTLSH-AWD

I'm seeing 253whp with the HFC and Ktune..

250WHP without the tune but the J-pipe saying +10 +8 in this graph

but in this graph says +16 +10 with out the tune and HFC

And when all said and done it's 254WHP

So I'm a tad bit confuse. Why am I reading "the most bang for your buck" is the J-pipe? And why in the dyno graph 2 different numbers shown for the J-pipe... From what I'm seeing the most bang for your buck is K-tuner and the HFC. Add a J-pipe and your overall power goes up by 1hp. Am I reading wrong here or miss something?
Job well done !
I'm glad to see users submitting there personal experiences on here with DATA.
I've said this before a million times, on these TL's (3G/4g) , the j-pipe does not add any power if any. Your better off putting the stock j-pipe on and getting PCD's to replace your HFPC's. I'm sure you will be at 260+whp.

Just my

Also I've been away from AcuraZine for a little bit, but if I recall b4 CT did not want to release the Supercharger for the 4g TL due to no tuning solutions, so has this now changed that k-tuned is now avail. ?
Old 01-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Instructor

It's KTuner, but CT has not been in contact and I've heard nothing about a SC.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
It's KTuner, but CT has not been in contact and I've heard nothing about a SC.
CT S/C is almost garbage as it's undersized for the 3.2 and 3.5 engine.

I know you said the Ktuner won't work with boost per say, but can't it work with a S/C like a rotrex since it's giving the same PSI per RPM linearly?
Old 01-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Instructor

Low boost can likely be achieved retaining the factory MAF.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TLOHTL
Job well done !
I've said this before a million times, on these TL's (3G/4g) , the j-pipe does not add any power if any. Your better off putting the stock j-pipe on and getting PCD's to replace your HFPC's. I'm sure you will be at 260+whp.

Just my

Also I've been away from AcuraZine for a little bit, but if I recall b4 CT did not want to release the Supercharger for the 4g TL due to no tuning solutions, so has this now changed that k-tuned is now avail. ?
This is what I been waiting on for a long time. PCD and stock J pipe i'm leaning on that hard.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by TLOHTL
Job well done !

Just my

I'm not too sure you will get 260+whp with PCDs alone; even with a tune. Just my
Old 01-05-2016, 10:19 PM
The Original Shawdy

Ffmjst any updates on how your TL is running now that it's been some time? How are you liking it?
Old 01-06-2016, 10:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
CT S/C is almost garbage as it's undersized for the 3.2 and 3.5 engine.

I know you said the Ktuner won't work with boost per say, but can't it work with a S/C like a rotrex since it's giving the same PSI per RPM linearly?
Some extra info if youre considering using one - An average J35 with an 100mm pulley on a Rotrex C38-91/92 and a 50mm synapse wastegate on the charge pipe (post intercooler) set to port A + C will limit boost to 9psi at around 4k rpm and hold it to redline. If you want lower boost than 9psi peak youll have to underdrive the blower or go to a C38-81. If left unlimited, 15-17psi (around 1090cfm at the blower outlet) can be attempted to be forced in

Last edited by gerzand; 01-06-2016 at 11:02 PM.
614erich (02-09-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 03:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by carbonTSEX
Ffmjst any updates on how your TL is running now that it's been some time? How are you liking it?
I haven't posted in a while because I've been very busy but to update everyone, I had my car dyno tuned by Xenocron in New York almost 2 weeks ago now. Chris was recommended to me by James at Ktuner and Chris definitely knew what he was doing and did everything he could to make sure I was satisfied with the results. I would also like to thank James at Ktuner for going back and forth with Chris at Xenocrom throughout the whole tuning process helping solve issues that occurred and also helping to get me the best gains possible. The 2 together worked extremely hard and it shows that they both care about their customers.

The dyno tune in a whole took around 4-5 hours because of some issues that were occurring during the tuning process (after every reflash the tuning files were being curupted so after some time trying to fix this issue, Chris would just do a pull and reflash the ECU without saving the file to Ktuner and everything worked out fine). All said and done my car ended up making a total ofl 30 whp and I am not sure how much exact total torque was gained because I don't have the original dyno on hand. I am extremely satisfied with these gains especially on a naturally aspirated motor and the gains definitely are more then I thought I would gain. I think it's safe to say that Ktuner with a good tuner can be very effective!

The car feels great and the power gains are very much noticeable throughout all power bands. The car also feels much smoother as well. My short term fuel trim was around 10-11% off due to most likely the improperly designed MAF on my intake but this is also fixed now as well. All in all I am very satisfied and recommend Xenocron and Chris to anyone looking to get their car dyno tuned. Good luck to everyone!
The following 3 users liked this post by ffmjst:
14SH-AWD (01-18-2016), carbonTSEX (01-16-2016), KarKraze (01-16-2016)
Old 01-17-2016, 08:17 AM
Instructor

Great gains, I was definitely impressed when Chris told me the outcome.

Your car kept throwing a code for the auto trans and locking into third gear. I was able to figure out what was causing it and even though nobody else has reported a similar issue, now nobody ever will!
The following 3 users liked this post by KSeriesTuner:
14SH-AWD (01-18-2016), carbonTSEX (01-17-2016), KarKraze (01-17-2016)
Old 01-17-2016, 10:01 AM
The Original Shawdy

That's good to know. Thanks for helping him! I'm sure it's bound to come up again on someone else but at least you know how to correct it now.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:05 AM
Instructor

The latest software update automatically handles it, so it won't ever happen again.
The following 2 users liked this post by KSeriesTuner:
14SH-AWD (01-18-2016), carbonTSEX (01-17-2016)
Old 01-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Drifting

The latest software update automatically handles it, so it won't ever happen again.
How does someone doing an E Tune get this update? I haven't thrown any codes so I am not sure if this is applicable for me.

Last edited by KarKraze; 01-17-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL