Raceland Coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Raceland Coil overs

I just got my coil overs from Raceland. There are mixed reviews about them but I have a friend who ownes a shop who uses them. It seems there are people who use old parts with new coilovers. I'm my case and from experience, I'm doing new strut tops, strut mounts, spring insulators, sway bar links and bushings. All front and rear. The positive reviews I have read and my friends experience is if you replace all these parts the ride is very good. I'll be the guinie pig here and let everyone know how it goes. I'll post a video.

The quality and workman ship seems very very good to me. They are heavy. Seamless. The wrenches are very solid. I have seen much worse. They also come with a lifetime warranty.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
In for long term review
Old 02-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Advanced

Check out the video

Old 02-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Advanced

So I did the rears today. Thank the lord the previous owner used anti seize. Boots came right out.

Rigjt away way I can see the raceland set up is much better. Bigger springs and bigger units all together. They popped right in. Also did the rear links and bushings while I was in there. Ride feels much better already. Tomorrow I'll do the front.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Advanced

Old 03-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have some H&R Coilovers just like this setup.
Are you experiencing any coil binding or noise at all?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hugo2go
I have some H&R Coilovers just like this setup.
Are you experiencing any coil binding or noise at all?
No noise. No binding. I'm very impressed with this set up.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Advanced

Ok. I'm done. I installed the front coilovers. I'm very impressed with the raceland coilovers. Huge difference in my ride quality. It took me about 3 hours to do the work with a floor jack, stands and hand tools. I used my small dewalt 3/8 impact when I could.

As for the ride. No noise. No rubbing. No binding. A bit firm. Very minimal bounce. I hit dips and rough roads. The ride is very good. I highly recommend these coilovers.

How I adjusted the coils.
The car is sitting on 19's. I measured from the bottom of the center cap and the bottom of the fender.

Front :: I set the bottom ring to the lowest point. I then adjusted the top ring until I can fit the wrench comfortably in between. Then I tightened up the bottom ring. It landed at 14" inches.

Rear :: I set the bottom ring to the lowest point. I then turned it up until I counted 11 threads on the unit. Then I tightened them. That gave me 13.5" inches.

Im off by half an inch which I think is great being that I eyeballed it. Once they settle I'll readjust.

ANTI-SEIZE !!! Use it. I thank the lord the previous person used some when the install the last set of coils. All my bolts came right out. No fights with any bolts.

Below is did a 7 minute video review

http://Raceland.com

Old 03-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Advanced

Old 03-17-2017, 07:04 PM
Advanced

So far so good. Been a few weeks. No noise. No issues. Just got new tires so it feels even better. Can't complain one bit.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:18 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I am very intrested in having this setup on my 05 TL and I was wondering if you have an in depth explanation of what and where you got the extra parts needed to make the ride and everything else good with these coils?