Bought neuspeed sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Bought neuspeed sport springs

Hey guys,

I bought neuspeed sport springs and plan on getting them installed during my spring break. These lower the car 1.75 f and 1.5 r. I have had friends who ran tein s techs and h&r sports on stock shocks without any problems.....didn't find much for neuspeed.

Are these not widely used? Is it okay to run them on the stock shocks? I have about 29k miles on the stock shocks....nothing big.

These springs have some mileage on them...so they are "settled". Should I get an alignment afterwards...need for a camber kit?

Since I am here I have another question. My tires are done on the front and the rears are the wrong size from the PO of my wheels. The fronts are OEM Pirellis....rears are cooper at 225/55/17.

My friend has a set 2 235/45/17 tires that are brand new for cheap (different type of michelin), I found 2 245/45/17 online for cheap also brand new....different brands though. (Contis and another Conti). Any cons to running different size tire sets of different brands? Just wondering because it will not cost me much.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
I'll bet you blow your stock shocks with those spings inside of 6 months. It's not the springs, it's just that the drop is too much for the stock shock to handle.

As far as tires, quit chasing shit with the wrong sized, mis-matched tires. Once and for all just buy a full set of the proper size and type and be done with it. They don't even have to be 'great', just 'good'. You won't spend a fortune and if you keep them rotated, you can replace them as a set in a 2 or 3 years.

Bite the bullet. We all have to do it at sometime or another.
The following users liked this post:
Aretardedorange (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 08:42 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
I'll bet you blow your stock shocks with those spings inside of 6 months. It's not the springs, it's just that the drop is too much for the stock shock to handle.

As far as tires, quit chasing shit with the wrong sized, mis-matched tires. Once and for all just buy a full set of the proper size and type and be done with it. They don't even have to be 'great', just 'good'. You won't spend a fortune and if you keep them rotated, you can replace them as a set in a 2 or 3 years.

Bite the bullet. We all have to do it at sometime or another.
Appreciate the reply. Yeah I am just getting a full set of 245/45/17 now. Much better solution I think.

I have seen members run H&R Race/Sport and Tein S Tech on stock shocks. H&R Race is a very aggressive spring I think it lowers the car 2"+....while the sport and Tein S Tech lower the car the same amount as the Neuspeed sports. I know for the Neuspeed race you need different shocks as that is 2"+, but I was hoping you don't need shocks for the sport since its somewhat mild at 1.75/1.5.

On another note, according to Neuspeeds website the sport springs fit the TSX/CL-S/7G Accord Sedan/TL. Is that possible or is that an error? Just wondering because I do vaguely remember my friend buying his tein s tech springs from a TSX and they are fine.....but really all those cars use the same springs haha?

Sorry for all the questions. I am just wanting to get everything done right the first time. Have been burned already as bearcat94 knows . Being a student and paying for the car+mods is a very hard thing to do, but well worth it at the end.

Thanks, look forward for your replies.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:59 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Good call on the tires.

I know, from personal experience, it can be hard to cough up the cash to do it right. But I also - also from personal experience - that it's worth it AND if you don't do it now, you'll still have to do it later.

And yes, those springs "fit" all those cars. The only thing I don't like is some times the cross-fitments (maybe not in this case) are for cars of substantially different weights. Which to me would mean different amount of drop and different handling for the different cars.