Problem rolling the front passenger window up

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 990 Likes on 747 Posts
Problem rolling the front passenger window up

I noticed the window issue last year a few weeks after I purchased the car. Now that warmer weather is right around the corner, I would like to get this issue resolved. Every once in a while when rolling the window up it jams and lowers. As you watch the glass it tilts forward a little. I thought it was possible that the regulator bolts that hold the glass were loose. I was able to find a few minutes this evening to pull the door panel and inspect the bolts. They all were tight and none were missing. Next I grabbed the top of the glass and moved it forward and backwards to see if I could move it. Sure enough, it felt loose. I can't tell what is causing this. Do you think it could be the regulator itself? There are plastic guides and maybe those are worn out. I'd hate to spend $110 on a new regulator if that isn't the issue.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-23-2017, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
its the regulator auto roll up feature that goes bad, next time if it does that to you don't freak out you still able to roll up the window but don't use the auto mode, you will have to pull the switch like the back power window, your window will roll all the way up. As far as the glass move, I think its the run channel got worn down over time causing the glass to move.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 990 Likes on 747 Posts
Originally Posted by truonghthe
its the regulator auto roll up feature that goes bad, next time if it does that to you don't freak out you still able to roll up the window but don't use the auto mode, you will have to pull the switch like the back power window, your window will roll all the way up. As far as the glass move, I think its the run channel got worn down over time causing the glass to move.
Even when I don't use the auto mode, it happens. The window tilts forward which causes it to bind and engages the regulator to stop and reverse direction. The "run channel" is that on the regulator itself or are you talking about the rubber guides the glass rides between? I am thinking of just buying a new regulator to see if that fixes it.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
in your case it is the run channel that got worn its the rubber piece that your glass riding on., I barely roll down my window and yet the regulator playing game with me some times.