Need input after car issue 08 TL

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 02:00 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need input after car issue 08 TL

hi guys. I have a 08 TL a/t 3.2. 110 on the clock. This morning I took an early ride. About 17 degrees F out. Didn't let my car warm up before taking off. Noticed not much heat was coming out of the vents even once car was fully warmed up and then sure enough 10 min later my car started puking and knocking and smoking a bit. Car stopped shifting or even driving for that matter. I immediately pulled over and shut it down. Let it cool and then saw a ton of coolant leaking out the bottom. More than I've ever seen in my life. Goes without saying something cracked or blew but I'm not sure what this could be or what I'm up against here. What worries me is that it stopped driving basically. Like the transmission gave out. But the coolant is def the only thing I see leaking like crazy. In any case I barely got to an auto body shop which isn't open until 3 days from now. So now I'm left thinking about how much this is going to cost. Any idea what this is ? No prior issues at all. Fluid levels were always fine and no leaks that I know of. So strange. Thanks all. I'm lost without my TL
Old 02-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Ummm...gee...I dunno? What does the shop say?
Old 02-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Need new radiator likely. Transmission cooler line blew, coolant and tranny fluid drained out and transmission went into limp mode to save itself. Just need a new Denso radiator on amazon, 2 gallons of Honda OEM coolant and 4 quarts of ATF-DW1 and you'll be up and running
Old 02-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
Need new radiator likely. Transmission cooler line blew, coolant and tranny fluid drained out and transmission went into limp mode to save itself. Just need a new Denso radiator on amazon, 2 gallons of Honda OEM coolant and 4 quarts of ATF-DW1 and you'll be up and running
i like you better this way
Old 02-18-2017, 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Originally Posted by YungMoola15
i like you better this way
Old 02-19-2017, 07:15 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by candrews
shop is closed prob until Tues. won't know much until then. I fee like a sick person looking up what I have on WebMD. Haha.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:17 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by candrews
Originally Posted by thoiboi
thanks for your input. Appreciate it