Missfires acura tl 2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missfires acura tl 2007

How u guys doing i need some help.. like one week ago my car was starting just a lil rough .. two days ago also on a cold start up my engine light went on with code p0305 car run fine ..i also loosing a lil coolant but i checked and never seen where is happening oil is ok transsmision oil too no sing of leaks no smoke of any color ethier car is not getting hot eathier ..today on cold start put up two more codes p0304 p3000 car still running fine and i change all spark plugs like 3 month ago and the old ones where fine two no sign of coolant on the spark or coils at that time or anything.... what u guys think is the problem ..also when i change the sparks the mechanic did a pressure test and the car didnt loose any pressure and he couldnt find any leaks eathier ...?
Old 09-18-2016, 03:48 PM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
Check your plugs/coils in 4 and 5. Is this a 6MT?
Old 09-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Advanced

It a auto i will check to see if that the problem am just a lil scared since am loosing a lil coolant between sometime... also i check it when the car is cold is seein low and when is hot is seen on the right place.. maybe am confused or am cheking it wrong but now this random missfire seeing strange the oil seen flawless and no smoke so idk if can be a head gasket problem ???
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Check your plugs/coils in 4 and 5. Is this a 6MT?
Old 09-19-2016, 06:12 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same problem with my 04. Cylinders 1 and 5 keep misfiring and the coolant looks very low even though there's no leaks. I don't believe its the coils for mine though cause they were just replaced. I've had problems in the past with these two cylinders.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:33 AM
Advanced

Sorry to hear that buddy lets just pray cuz if it is a headgasket we on trouble lol if u find anything let me know am planing to take it to a shop this weekend
Originally Posted by connor_1_dirks
Same problem with my 04. Cylinders 1 and 5 keep misfiring and the coolant looks very low even though there's no leaks. I don't believe its the coils for mine though cause they were just replaced. I've had problems in the past with these two cylinders.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:15 AM
10th Gear

Let me know what you find out, I'm planning on doing the spark plugs hoping that could remedy the problem for now. I've also got 121k on the car now so I'm wondering if it's the timing belt causing these issues somehow.

Originally Posted by Elroja93
Sorry to hear that buddy lets just pray cuz if it is a headgasket we on trouble lol if u find anything let me know am planing to take it to a shop this weekend
Old 09-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Advanced

Am around those miles too some people said can be valves adjusment but i dont think so since the car it no making any strange sound and is running find and is not timing belt on my case because i got a brand new one a couple miles ago mines just start up a lil bit rought sometimes today on the morning didnt make anything so idk allright when i got something i let u know !!!! Can be injectors too
QUOTE=connor_1_dirks;15852590]Let me know what you find out, I'm planning on doing the spark plugs hoping that could remedy the problem for now. I've also got 121k on the car now so I'm wondering if it's the timing belt causing these issues somehow.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Advanced

update : today i take the car to the shop and yesterday missfires codes comes out agian an battery too so the alternator when bad out no where maybe when the alternator start to give up the miss fires appear on worth checking in out just let it u know
Originally Posted by connor_1_dirks
Let me know what you find out, I'm planning on doing the spark plugs hoping that could remedy the problem for now. I've also got 121k on the car now so I'm wondering if it's the timing belt causing these issues somehow.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:25 AM
10th Gear

I haven't had any issues with the alternator yet but will check it out. I had a new timing belt and everything that goes along with that job done just a few days ago because i was near the miles for a new one and it seems to have solved the issue for me. Haven't checked to see if I'm still losing coolant but as for the miss fires, the code has yet to come back. I still get the flashing check engine light when I really get on it but it doesn't stay on too long.

Originally Posted by Elroja93
update : today i take the car to the shop and yesterday missfires codes comes out agian an battery too so the alternator when bad out no where maybe when the alternator start to give up the miss fires appear on worth checking in out just let it u know
Old 09-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
make sure you guys are using blue type 2 honda coolant and not the green stuff! If you do use the green stuff, flush it out and refill with the blue coolant!

Blue is premixed so no need to add water! Remember to burp the system of air!

perhaps you have a small leak at the water pump when driving causing the loss of coolant, when was it last replaced?

As far as the misfire, have you tried swapping the coils around and see if the misfire moves?
Old 09-29-2016, 05:05 AM
10th Gear

The coolant on mine has stopped going down and has been at the same level since the timing belt job so a leaky water pump could have been the issue.
Now I have to replace the green coolant the mechanic put in with the blue coolant.

Originally Posted by csmeance
make sure you guys are using blue type 2 honda coolant and not the green stuff! If you do use the green stuff, flush it out and refill with the blue coolant!

Blue is premixed so no need to add water! Remember to burp the system of air!

perhaps you have a small leak at the water pump when driving causing the loss of coolant, when was it last replaced?

As far as the misfire, have you tried swapping the coils around and see if the misfire moves?
Old 10-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Intermediate

not taking your thread Elroja93 but didn't want to clutter the forum with a new one, but my 07 tl with 109K miles had CEL code P0300-P0306 while on an 8 hr road trip. I stopped by the oreilly and the dude said i was probably using a cheap gas (i've been only using 87 but only in shell, cheveron or exxon mobile), so he told me to put in the royal purple gas treatment to clean it up a little bit. I will put premium gas now on. The CEL goes on and off sometimes for 2 days now and presently no CEL. I already checked the coils and spark plugs and they are good as i have changed the spark plugs a couple of months ago. I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't go on but i notice start up is kind of rough from original. I bought the car around 64k miles and haven't done any major repair except changing the radiator but will probably do WP and TB soon.

Do you guys think a valve adjustment (will probably use eric the car guy on youtube guide) will help ease the rough start? It idles at around 7-800 rpm in park. I love this car alot but i might have to sell it as i have a baby now. Also do these generations transmission usually fail around 100K miles? For some reason i heard this from a lot of people they tend to fail and i don't want to spend $3000 in replacing the transmission.

much thanks all for the input.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts
7-800 RPM in park sounds fine and the 07-08 auto transmissions are better than the 04-06. Keep up on fluid changes and you will be fine.
The following users liked this post:
yenracer (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Intermediate

do you think i should do the valve adjustment thing or it's not worth the time and effort?
Old 10-26-2016, 04:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts
Probably wouldn't hurt anything, but if there isn't a definitive reasoning behind it I would just leave it.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
Originally Posted by yenracer
do you think i should do the valve adjustment thing or it's not worth the time and effort?
I owned 3 Honda product with J series motor and all 3 of them over 100k miles never had valve re-adjusted and not experience a single problem.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
not taking your thread Elroja93 but didn't want to clutter the forum with a new one, but my 07 tl with 109K miles had CEL code P0300-P0306 while on an 8 hr road trip. I stopped by the oreilly and the dude said i was probably using a cheap gas (i've been only using 87 but only in shell, cheveron or exxon mobile), so he told me to put in the royal purple gas treatment to clean it up a little bit. I will put premium gas now on. The CEL goes on and off sometimes for 2 days now and presently no CEL. I already checked the coils and spark plugs and they are good as i have changed the spark plugs a couple of months ago. I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't go on but i notice start up is kind of rough from original. I bought the car around 64k miles and haven't done any major repair except changing the radiator but will probably do WP and TB soon.

Do you guys think a valve adjustment (will probably use eric the car guy on youtube guide) will help ease the rough start? It idles at around 7-800 rpm in park. I love this car alot but i might have to sell it as i have a baby now. Also do these generations transmission usually fail around 100K miles? For some reason i heard this from a lot of people they tend to fail and i don't want to spend $3000 in replacing the transmission.

much thanks all for the input.
When is the last time you changed the trans fluid? If you've never changed it, you should certainly should be weary. Even though the 2007 trans are better, using bad fluid in the trans will ruin them, most I've seen fail on the 2007 is around the 130K mark vs around 99K for the 2004-2006.

The 105K service all said and done is going to be about $1K including a valve adjustment. With 109K miles you'll probably need shocks soon, tires and brakes which will be another 1K. You can use the value of the TL towards a new car if you can get into a good used car with no car payment or at the most $2500 in "upgrade" allowance as that's what you would have spent on maintaining the TL.

This is what you would get for your TL and what a dealer would sell one for after fixing it up:
Old 10-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
so tempting to get back into a TL...
so cheap now, and really, I'm familiar with almost all the problems they have.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:51 AM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
... I stopped by the oreilly and the dude said i was probably using a cheap gas (i've been only using 87 but only in shell, cheveron or exxon mobile), so he told me to put in the royal purple gas treatment to clean it up a little bit. I will put premium gas now on.
What a load of crap. Premium doesn't burn any cleaner than regular, it's all in the additive pack. Shell, Chevron and Exxon are all Top Tier gas distributors, so they have plenty of additive in their gas, whether it's regular or premium. You just wasted money paying for the gas treatment...

..The CEL goes on and off sometimes for 2 days now and presently no CEL. I already checked the coils and spark plugs and they are good as i have changed the spark plugs a couple of months ago.
Did you happen to buy the plugs off of Ebay? I did and they turned out to be counterfeit Chinese plugs which caused my engine to misfire under heavy acceleration.

Do you guys think a valve adjustment (will probably use eric the car guy on youtube guide) will help ease the rough start?..
At only 109K, it's highly unlikely that your valve lash is off enough to cause either of your issues.