Memory mirrors/seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Memory mirrors/seats

OK, I know this has been talked about before, but none of the answers are valid.

08 TL navi
Mirrors go crazy on start up, never going to a memory position.
Seat memory does not work, no lights, nothing.
Rear view self dimming mirror WORKS
Windsheild wiper motor WORKS
Fuse 20 fine.

Any joy for me?

Just pulled #20 and reinstalled. Memory seats beeped a couple times, seat DID work, then suddenly, nothing again.
Cleaned off fuse contacts, no joy. Wow.

Mirrors go all over the place, very frustrating
Old 02-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Cruisin'

Is this car too old to get a response?
Old 02-21-2017, 04:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts
relax man.. you only posted a few hours ago and had 4 posts within an hour.

Your mirrors are likely the actuators going bad.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
Thread moved from 1G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation.

Maybe if you have a little patience, and posted in the correct forum, you would be more likely to get a response.

And also not make so many posts one minute apart when you can use the edit feature, which I have merge into the first post.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Cruisin'

Wow,
Covered with oil and grease, totally sweating down here in TX.
Needed help. Thought you'd be a bit compassionate. If car is too old to comment on, I would just go somewhere else.

Sounds like you guys are locked and cocked to criticize.

Ask for advice and get crap. Nice.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:31 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffers
Wow,
Covered with oil and grease, totally sweating down here in TX. That sucks, but how could we know that
Needed help. Thought you'd be a bit compassionate. If car is too old to comment on, I would just go somewhere else. You do, we are, it's not, you should stay.

Sounds like you guys are locked and cocked to criticize. Nope. We aren't. Sounds like Ron A. did you a solid by moving your post to the correct forum so all us nice guys could see it

Ask for advice and get crap. Nice. You got some friction because you were kind of impatient even though you posted in the wrong forum and then got chastised for multi posting.
Now, there's a bunch of stuff that could be going on. Since both mirrors are going crazy it may not be the actuators because it's probably less likely that both are bad. It could happen but less likely. Given all of the other symptoms you have it's more likely the module controlling all of the memory functions. If you put the mirror switch in the middle position will they no longer go crazy? Not a fix but it may get rid of what you seem to be annoyed by the most. Unfortunately memory seat problems are pretty common. Throw "site:acurazine.com seat memory" (without the double quotes) into Google and you will get plenty of history and perhaps some better ideas.
The following users liked this post:
Jeffers (02-25-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
^^^^But that too much work, I prefer spoon feed. If you don't feed me fast enough I gonna protest.... #notmyacuraforum
Adobeman (02-22-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 08:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
OK, I know this has been talked about before, but none of the answers are valid.

08 TL navi
Mirrors go crazy on start up, never going to a memory position.
Seat memory does not work, no lights, nothing.
Rear view self dimming mirror WORKS
Windsheild wiper motor WORKS
Fuse 20 fine.

Any joy for me?

Just pulled #20 and reinstalled. Memory seats beeped a couple times, seat DID work, then suddenly, nothing again.
Cleaned off fuse contacts, no joy. Wow.

Mirrors go all over the place, very frustrating
auto or manual?
for the manual, i have to have the handbrake up to use the memory seat functions. As for the mirrors, try cleaning and re greasing then move it all the way right, left, top, down, corners, repeat.
Jeffers (02-25-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Its not even hot in Texas

OP trust me its the internet so grow a thick skin. I am having the same issue with my memory function too. I haven't search just yet because it doesn't bother right now. In your case, do what AD and WD suggested. You might have to reset your program (disconnect the battery) and reprogram it again. Doesn't sound like the module is bad.
Jeffers (02-25-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 12:36 AM
Cruisin'

While the discussion about what a crappy person I am is very interesting, Perhaps you should check where South Texas is (Grade school education would tell you these facts).
Facts:
Been over 80, even into the 90s. Then 60s and 70s, once in a while. Mostly upper 80s. When I was working on my car that day it was 92 degrees and 95% humidity.Yes Dallas is cooler this time of the year, but this state is over 250,000 Square MILES in size.
Latitude is from Miami, in South Texas to, over 700 miles to the North, the Latitude of LA in Cali. Miami is running around mid 80s, and LA (lets look at Riverside) is upper 70s.
Findings:
The most consistent thing I have found on this forum, besides some good advice and decent Mechanics (as well as a love for these cars), is a propensity to be critical of other people, just to be mean.
History:
Also try checking some US history. Texans don't (as a rule) take any crap from anyone. So please don't EVER think I'll take unwarranted criticism without punching back.

Anyway, thanks for the advice (the thick skin comment and questioning my description of the weather here without at least checking it first,were particularly helpful).
I disconnected the battery and will try it tomorrow am. I will let you know the results, and I will not even say anything mean, disparaging, or questioning of your observations concerning the weather where YOU live. Deal?
Old 02-26-2017, 07:58 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
I have a feeling you are going to be on your own on this one. I tried to give you some direction on what has been typically a tough problem for many but unfortunately one with not a lot of clear solutions over the years. But, IMO, you crossed the line with your latest post. This forum is one of the most friendly and informative ones I frequent. Your initial attitude gave us pause. Your follow up cemented that you are most likely undeserving of a second chance.

Good luck with you TL. Maybe others will continue to try and help you. I'm done.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Cruisin'

Good. Your suggestion was a total guess anyway.
By the way, It did not do anything.
Oh yeah, did you check your geography, 95 degrees here today.
Saw you were from CT, figures.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Cruisin'

Follow-up.
Another, much better, and nicer acura forum solved my car problem.
No personal comments, no questioning weather facts.
No, "I'm done" attitudes.
Me thinks the problem here is you Adobeman.
Even supplied me with Service bulletins and offers to follow-up.
Their comment was, "sorry you are frustrated. Working on a car in the heat will do that to you. Here look at this service bulletin and let me know how I can help you out. Wish we had some warmth up here in the midwwest. Please send some."
Lol laughing at you now. What a miserable experience interacting with you.
Don't worry tho, I'm out of here. This place is like a dive bar that smells bad.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
Follow-up.
Their comment was, "sorry you are frustrated. Working on a car in the heat will do that to you. Here look at this service bulletin and let me know how I can help you out. Wish we had some warmth up here in the midwwest. Please send some."
Don't worry tho, I'm out of here. This place is like a dive bar that smells bad.
So what was the fix?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Follow-up.

awwe do you need to pet a pony? Trust me its really helps.... well may he next time you can fill out this form.
The following 2 users liked this post by truonghthe:
Adobeman (02-27-2017), thoiboi (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 08:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts
It's okay, we'll be okay with the loss of this great quality member. We will pour one out in your honor OP...