Installing rear A-Spec Lip: Proper way to do it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:46 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing rear A-Spec Lip: Proper way to do it?

So after a ton of searching, I finally found an Authentic part of the A-Spec kit in the color ABP, but when I started to line up the lip on the rear bumper, I noticed that some of the holes that were pre-drilled on the kit were not lining up with anything on the bumper. I used to have those plain looking mud flaps on my car before this came in, and they bolted on perfectly. I know where some tabs of tape should also go as guidance, but it's the bolting bit I'm afraid of doing. I don't want to drill into my bumper and then realize I messed up. The guy that had this before me had perfect alignment with his bumper and I was wondering if I possibly have a different bumper compared to his. I drive a base model TL by the way in case if that helps. Any tips before I start this project?

This is just the rear lip I received. Is authentic, so I'm thinking it should line up perfectly...

...But this is my base model rear bumper. Perhaps I need the Type-S rear bumper??? (Or maybe some custom mountings could be done to this bumper?)
Old 02-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...-guide-793367/