WDP Type S Progress Thread..better late than never!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
Looks fricking fantastic sockr! I'm glad you were able to get the reverse camera solution all squared away.

may have to steal these ideas from you :thief:
haha steal all you want, maybe now you can put your tablet to work instead of collecting dust!

Originally Posted by Hugo2go
You could make some serious coin if you made a plug and play harness for this mod @sickr1
i've already helped out a few members on here, but there's not really a harness that can be put together for this mod

Originally Posted by Yaseen Gabr
I just read through this whole thread and am In love! I didn't realize we had the same caliper color, I'm pretty sure its the same.
Aspec kit was a really good move man, looks amazing. Do you recommend me getting that RV6 strut bar? Or whatever its called.

Loving it man, hope to see more coming soon :P
thanks! i think we have similar caliper colors, but i think yours is slightly more blue while mine is more towards green. i agree on the aspec kit, wish i had done it when i first bought the car in 2008!

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
Looks awesome! Definitely more appealing than the OEM head unit.
Originally Posted by silvrbreez
Very nicely done! Can't want to check out the DIY
Originally Posted by exiLe
I did the Nexus 7 tablet mod in my old truck before I sold it.

Wasn't too bad at all, loved having a tablet in my dash.
Originally Posted by EarlThePearl
Ditto... Nicely done!!!
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Damn....well done!
Originally Posted by ryanfett
Damn awesome work man! Looking forward to seeing the DIY for sure.
Originally Posted by mdnborg
awesome update dude, fantastic work on the tablet mod. fucking love it.... got me rethinking my nav now lol
Originally Posted by 03max6spd
Damn bro i have to catch up lol
Originally Posted by evarela25
That is very impressive SOCKR1 this looks killer so clean .. I love how it looks stockish
Originally Posted by 03max6spd
Okay after watching this video three times and dealing with the shitty stock nav for about a week, i NEED this
thanks guys! i'm really liking how it's all been working together, still some minor bugs but overall it's been great...my car feels new again!

the DIY is finally up, here's the link: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...camera-953237/
Old 01-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Gumball Rally Special

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
You've got this entire forum drooling over your upgraded dash
Old 01-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Safety Car

oem look of the tablet

Name:  IMG_0926_zpskkfvj5ty.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  43.4 KB

i wanted to get the latest and greatest reverse lights from vleds since mine are about 3 years old, so for cyber monday i grabbed the newest reverse lights from vleds. my last vleds reverse lights were good but these ones are even brighter! great for reverse cameras

left is new, right is previous vleds version

Name:  IMG_0914_zpsnze89sx3.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  100.0 KB

both new ones in

Name:  IMG_0913_zpsjvhbnzr5.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  107.3 KB

reverse image with new lights

Name:  IMG_0922_zpslcjmibxz.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  35.3 KB

and onto some other news, we have a baby girl coming in march (our first) so we had to get rid of my wife's 2006 two door honda civic and get a 4 door car. she really wanted an suv and we kept leaning towards the mdx (also considered the rdx and the lexus rx...all used). we ended up finding a hell of a deal locally so we jumped on it, there was a doctor on autotrader privately selling his mdx so he could make room for his tesla suv (must be nice)! he dropped 2k on the price within a minute of me talking to him and a week later we finished the purchase.

it's a 2015 acura mdx advance with rear entertainment, 43k miles (he drove far for work and had higher miles than we wanted but the deal was too good to pass up). he also had the extended warranty to 100k miles and it comes with almost every bell and whistle available for the mdx. we didn't want the sh-awd because we haven't been to or seen snow in 10 years and we wanted the better gas mileage for the FWD. he bought the car two years ago for $60k and we walked away at a final price tag of $32k out the door. we absolutely love the car!

my wife's car (1 owner). i took great care of it and it looked new inside, i sold this in less than 24 hours and got my asking price of $4000 (carmax offered 2000 hahah)

Name:  IMG_0241_zpsddmxapqo.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  78.0 KB

and here's our new beast! already did a full leatherique cleaning/conditioning job on the leather and now i just need to polish and wax it. first week we had it i got the front side windows tinted at 20% to match the factory tint on the rest of the windows (only the last picture is after tint).

Name:  mdx%20front_zpstuvjvznr.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  mdx%20driver%20side_zpsmdvjosc4.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  mdx%20side%20large%202_zps8f1lze0q.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  80.9 KB

going back to my TL, i have major wobbling/vibration when accelerating so i ended up ordering a set of raxles to put in and those should last me another 8 years or so (better joints and grease for a lowered car). other than that nothing major going on, but it is funny that we now have two WDP acuras haha
Old 01-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Congrats on the upcoming new one!

(The car not the baby ) White car family ftw
The following users liked this post:
sockr1 (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts

man someone got a good deal on that civic too at 4k.. good deals all around for everyone

Haven't seen or been in snow in 10 years The snow is almost over my head on my deck lol
Old 01-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts
Good pick up on the MDX. Ours is a little older, but has been great for us with 2 kids, plus it's paid off.

You going to pick up the advance running boards for it? They're a little pricy, but worth it IMO. Plus makes it easier getting in and out with the kids.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Oh Sickest TL

man someone got a good deal on that civic too at 4k.. good deals all around for everyone

Haven't seen or been in snow in 10 years The snow is almost over my head on my deck lol
i probably could have squeezed out a bit more for the the price but honestly i was pretty happy selling it so quickly and for that much!
haha yea we aren't snow people at all. no desire to be in or around it!

Originally Posted by DarkTower19
Good pick up on the MDX. Ours is a little older, but has been great for us with 2 kids, plus it's paid off.

You going to pick up the advance running boards for it? They're a little pricy, but worth it IMO. Plus makes it easier getting in and out with the kids.
thanks! i showed my wife the advance and sport running boards but i think we are going to wait a while to see if we actually need/want them. i kind of like the sport ones better because they don't stick out as much (heard stories about people smacking their shin on the advance ones) but the sport ones aren't as functional either.

the only accessories we have so far are some gorilla wheel locks, the folding cargo tray, and the cargo net. i also put vleds for each door and the footwell lights. so the mods already started.... haha but my wife told me to calm down about mods on this car! i asked the owner to include his thule roof cargo carrier and we sold that last week for a nice $300! it was super large and we are currently renting so we have no room, so we'll get the acura one once we can afford to buy a place in san diego
Old 01-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Senior Moderator

damn if i had known you were selling that for 4K, i probably would have gotten it for my sister! oh well!!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival. Both of them!
sockr1 (01-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I like them.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Safety Car

ok have some decent updates on my car:

Replaced axles with Raxles

i've always heard stories about axles going on the TL and always kept a close eye on mine (even though i only have 113k miles and my car has never seen snow). i started to notice more and more shaking through my car when i was accelerating, but knowing how i'm hyper sensitive to my car, i thought maybe i was imagining it. my wife and i were doing some errands and i floored it on an on-ramp (like i love to do) and it was shaking really badly and my wife says "that doesn't seem very safe or feel good." that confirmed to me that something really was wrong and my first thought was the axles.

i ended up wanting something better than oem so i went with raxles which basically rebuilds the oem axles but with better joints and higher quality grease. i had a shop install these for $130.

These axles are high quality and my car seriously drives like new again. I knew it was bad during acceleration but I didn't know how much shaking during normal driving I was having from the bad axles. Now the car is butter smooth and even my wife said my car feels like it's "skating" along the road now. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again! (but hope I don't have to for a while)

Name:  IMG_1151_zpswnmfvcw2.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1152_zpsntza0ddc.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  103.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1159_zpsvmhziymo.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  72.9 KB

i did a full review and write up on raxles here: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-t...raxles-954307/

Replaced Compliance Bushings with PCI Compliance Bearings

since i was having a shop do the axles, i figured i might as well get them to do these bearings as well. i've always been back and forth on the compliance bushing replacments because my car is my daily driver and my wife already complains that my car is too harsh already.

i researched a lot and reached out to a few members to see their final take on the spherical bearings (thank you to those guys), and overall the positive outweighed the bad so i decided to go for it. i went for the 2 piece PCI set (vendors now offer the 2 piece set instead of the 4 piece set because it's cheaper and most people didn't install the other 2 bearings anyway) and gave them to the shop to install at the same time as my axles. they charged me $130 for the install.

my thoughts after install: i compare this to the feeling i had when i put on the progress rear sway bar...the car feels like it's on rails in the front!! i absolutely love them and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. at higher speeds, turning is effortless and responsive and there's no give (in a good way).

if i were to get into this car without knowing it had the bearings, i wouldn't immediately say "oh this is harsh, it must have metal spherical bearings." and that's a good thing. yes it can be "jolting" at times but overall it's a great upgrade and something that i am happy i went with. i would say 85% of the time it feels no more harsh than the oem bushings

a combination of new axles (raxles) and these PCI compliance bearings makes this car feel completely new in the front...butter smooth!

Name:  IMG_1160_zpsybbk4v1q.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  70.3 KB

current bushing after getting pushed out. you can see that my bushing was still good after 113k miles. my local acura shop told me this is one of the biggest shop up-sells...basically these bushings are still good if they aren't torn through but lots of shops push for replacement too early (just a heads up).

Name:  IMG_1254_zpsartkcgaj.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  53.9 KB

PCI compliance bearings

Name:  IMG_1162_zpsuswsrusx.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  81.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1164_zpsqmpy9bng.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1206_zpset0qp4b8.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  44.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1208_zpscpqzrh5h.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  42.8 KB

i did a full write up and review here: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-t...cement-954321/

Wash, Polish, Wax

we've had record breaking rainfall in california this winter which is awesome to bring us out of the drought, but i haven't been able to wash my car in 2 months which hasn't happened in 8 years haha. i finally got a chance to wash my car and then do my semi-annual hand polish (pinnacle paint cleansing lotion) and hand wax (pinnacle signature wax)...here's how my car stands at 8.5 years old!

Name:  IMG_1237_zpsphuq6bgu.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  70.3 KB

I like them.
Congrats on the new arrival. Both of them!
thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Safety Car

Looks like a new car, and I am sure feels like one too! I wish I lived in a warm state so I don't have to hibernate for 4 months...
Old 02-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Lookin good.

Yes, this rain has been horrible, I'm ready for it to end.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Safety Car

Looks like a new car, and I am sure feels like one too! I wish I lived in a warm state so I don't have to hibernate for 4 months...
thanks and it feels like it!
we live in a warm state but i also wish i didn't have to rent into my 40s haha. house pricing is unreal out here, i don't know how 80% of the people afford stuff out here and i'm pretty sure most of them live in debt
Old 02-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sockr1
we live in a warm state but i also wish i didn't have to rent into my 40s haha. house pricing is unreal out here, i don't know how 80% of the people afford stuff out here and i'm pretty sure most of them live in debt
No joke on that... I fly out to San Francisco quite often for work and drive over to Riverbank. Can't believe how many people commute to SF from the central valley. Makes sense when a 600K house in SF is sub 200K in the valley. I know i couldn't do it if I had to relocate. I will take my 2500 sq ft. house for 230k and deal with hibernating...
Old 02-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Safety Car

don't think i ever put this sound clip up here, but here's a recent video of my exhaust setup (took the video to show another member asking about my setup, sorry for the vertical video it's the only way my phone would stand up)

hfpcs with resonated xlr8 exhaust (larger magnaflow resonator instead of the small xlr8 one)

Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Safety Car

small unfortunate update. driving home on wednesday, my tpms light suddenly came on and said my back left tire was at 25 psi...not good! so i pulled over and as soon as i opened the door i could hear a hissing so i knew it was not good. i check my tire and sure enough there is a sidewall "slit/puncture". i must have run over something that curved up and slit the sidewall (about 1/8" in length, very small), no wheel damage.

so i'm at a gas station and fill up my air so that i can at least make it home and do my spare switch out there (more to come on why i waited). i know it wasn't the safe route but figured i was only about 10 minutes from home, all side streets, and worst case i could keep stopping at gas stations to fill up.

so now i'm losing about 2 psi/min so i keep pulling over to get more air. the only two gas stations on the way home were both roped off with no access to the air pump!! so i remember i have an air compressor kit in my emergency bag in my trunk, so i try that and the motor works but no air is coming out..of course! at this point i'm running late to meet my wife for a baby prep class, so i have my brother come out to meet me with a bicycle pump and his air compressor (now i'm about 5 min from home). i want to get home because my biggest worry is now damaging my wheel if it goes completely flat

so the new air compressor only goes about 1 psi/5 minutes (horrible!), so i tell him we have to switch off pumping with the bicycle pump haha. so every 10 pumps is 1 psi...we switched off a bunch of times and got it from 5 psi all the way up to 33 psi, so finally i got it home!

now the lesson learned: when i get home i verify that my spare tire is only at 15 psi instead of the rated 60 psi (haven't used it in 6-7 years) and not only that, but i have no oem wheel nuts that fit my oem spare. on my aftermarket wheels i use tapered lug nuts which don't work on the oem wheels! so i had to get the spare filled with air and also buy ball end nuts at autozone.

long story short, check your spare tire psi every time you do an oil change and make sure you have a set of oem wheel nuts in your trunk if you run aftermarket wheels/nuts!!! and yes, my wife was that person embarrassingly flying solo at a baby prep class haha

currently still driving on the spare because it takes 2 days for my continental dws06 to be shipped from arizona.

here's my clown car!

Name:  IMG_1492_zps7h3n946w.jpg
Size:  57.6 KB

so sad and pathetic:

Name:  IMG_1494_zpsjaynkor8.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  65.3 KB
Old 02-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Safety Car

At least throw some spacers on it!!! Could have been worse, but damn that sucks having to pump it up with a bike pump!
Old 02-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Sorry to hear about the trouble there but now your car looks like those stance guy's with very thin tires haha looks dope
Old 02-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Bike pump ftw, it takes me around a minute to pump a tire from 25 psi to 36.
Works much faster than the pump i bought for $15
You get mad forearm pump as a bonus.
Had to pump up all 4 tires from bringing them out of storage after winter and by the 4th one i got a blister inside my thumb. It was really hot out, so i guess i was sweating and the constant motion = big blister
Old 02-17-2017, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator

That's why you use lube T!
sockr1 (02-17-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Team Owner

I'm diggin' it......
Old 02-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Bike pumps FTW, man! I have a really nice Specialized one that I always use for all tires.

Can you provide a link for the reverse LEDs? Are these them? HIGH OUTPUT WHITE 360° 15 LED 921 - 921 - Reverse Back-Up - Shop Application
Old 02-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Safety Car

^^^^ haha bike pumps!

those are not the ones i bought, but looks like the ones i bought have turned into that one now. i bought mine for 20 each (minus the black friday sale), but looks like they either jumped their price or they changed the product slightly and increased price for that reason. either way, yes those are the ones that fit the TL

Last edited by Steven Bell; 02-27-2017 at 06:50 PM. Reason: No need to re-quote the previous post, especially if you're the next person posting.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:40 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn, sucks too see your car on that spare! Your car looks so good in person man! I kinda had the same thing happen too me, except i was driving asnd i hear a hissing in within 30 seconds my front right tire is literally at 0 psi, i guess the camber wear had made it pop.. Had to call triple a because i didn't have the anything in my trunk besides the jack(everything to go with the jack was in my garage smh) and my spare from whenever the car was purchased from the dealer in 06. But i do have varrstoen lug nuts and they did fit on the spare.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Safety Car

finally got around to making a thread about my first audio project that i did two years ago, all details and picutres are located in the thread below. it was tough and took a lot of time, but i learned a lot and feel confident with audio now!
i'll answer short, specific questions here, but if you have any long winded or detailed questions, please ask them in the audio thread so we don't clutter this one too much (thanks!)

audio build thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...nk-sub-955600/

Setup
- initially installed front components JBL GTO608C but switched them to Image Dynamics CTX65XS (soo much better!)
- sound deadener and ensolite foam on all doors, entire trunk, trunk lid, under rear seats, and rear deck
- 10" sub: infinity 1062w
- corner trunk sub enclosure by Markland Designs
- JL xd500/3 amp
- hooked up sub with a PAC Audio SNI35 LOC to the oem sub signal after the oem amp
- hooked up front components (tweeters and mids) directly to head unit wires near oem amp
- reconnected new audio mids output to the wires coming out of the oem amp, so that i can utilize oem wiring all the way to the doors (then i used metra connectors to use stock door connectors)
- crossovers are located under the passenger seat
- wiring for components: head unit --> aftermarket amp --> crossovers --> oem door wiring
- wiring for sub: head unit --> oem amp --> amp sub output --> pac audio LOC --> aftermarket sub
- rear fill is still stock speakers on stock amp
- ANC mics and control module were disconnected to prevent feedback from the sub

Name:  QZPM7590_zpscscbhbag.jpg
Size:  57.3 KB

Thoughts
- overall i love my system and it brings a smile to my face every time i get in my car and play some music. it was a HUGE learning experience and a pain in the butt but overall i learned a ton and know the ins and outs of my system
- sound deadening is huge!! it really makes any system sound so much better and cuts out any unwanted noise. i even did this on my wife's stock honda civic and it made a noticeable difference
- keeping my trunk functional was key for me and i'm very happy with the corner loaded sub enclosure!

Pictures

sound deadener and ensolite foam for trunk, doors, and rear deck

Name:  IMG_2288_zpsfps5ai10.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  77.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2325_zpseo9dumfg.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2388_zpszi2tmgne.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2390_zpsoqk20pdi.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2404_zpsympenmz8.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  67.1 KB

oem sub on left vs infinity sub on right!

Name:  IMG_2515_zpsgxhx9ye5.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2517_zpsmellrklt.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  65.1 KB

sub enclosure installed with protective grill

Name:  IMG_2548_zpswfui54jn.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  53.2 KB

JL amp under driver's seat

Name:  IMG_5867_zpsvoyarfi5.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  104.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5875_zpsrdi81vpd.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  82.4 KB

image dynamics speaker on left vs JBL speaker on right (keep in mind the JBL was already bigger than the oem!)

Name:  IMG_5307_zpsjxqrb9k6.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5313_zpsbuqfpthq.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  69.3 KB

added 3/4" spacers, cut out some of the door metal with shears, and added clay

Name:  IMG_5321_zps73yzqqed.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5325_zpsdfhqpa6c.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  71.2 KB

speakers installed..unreal midbass!

Name:  IMG_5333_zpstqfgw2gx.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  75.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5671_zps8zls8gnd.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  85.6 KB

modified oem tweeter grill to fit the image dynamics tweeters

Name:  IMG_5350_zpsmpjuxbxi.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5358_zpsxsk2lum6.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5359_zps5hoavess.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5402_zpsst2i8e26.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  75.4 KB

also added leftover ensolite foam to the door cubbies and sunglass holder so that nothing rattles and my sunglasses don't get scratched!

Name:  IMG_2401_zpsd23akyvu.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  67.6 KB

overall i really enjoy my system!

Name:  IMG_2525_zpsircybhdo.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  74.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6080_zpse0bjkdtx.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  56.5 KB
*.jpg (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Safety Car

I really want to add more sound to my system but don't have the knowledge of doing it. Maybe one day I will research it and take on the task. Looks like a lot work to sound deaden everything. Great Job!
Old 03-15-2017, 11:01 PM
Team Owner

Wow, well done!
Old 03-17-2017, 06:19 AM
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts
Great job man! I love how clean and oem it looks.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking car. New to the Acura world and it's great to see what other people have done the WDP Type S.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is how I would love to own one.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Safety Car

i just made a thread for my long overdue raceseng shift knob review, here's the link: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g.../#post16006589
i'll have some more car updates later this week, it's been a little while!

I really want to add more sound to my system but don't have the knowledge of doing it. Maybe one day I will research it and take on the task. Looks like a lot work to sound deaden everything. Great Job!
Wow, well done!
Originally Posted by ryanfett
Great job man! I love how clean and oem it looks.
Originally Posted by Ceaze
This is how I would love to own one.
thanks guys! i try to keep my car as clean and simple as possible, it's not as flashy as other cars but this is my style
Old 04-26-2017, 03:43 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love the build man
Old 04-28-2017, 10:29 AM
Safety Car

i've been pretty busy lately (more to come on that), but i've managed to take care of little things here and there.

first up, i did my twice a year leatherique treatment to my leather. this stuff is magic. it brings new life to leather and pulls out so much dirt! i keep my car pretty damn clean but look at how dirty the water was after! this time i had some time off (more to come on that), so i let the leatherique sit two days outside in the sun and this produces the best results cuz the car "steams" up and pulls all the dirt out, love this stuff!

9 year old leather!

also got a chance to clean my exhaust tips with barkeepers friend and a wet rag

before

after

also got my sidemarkers modified by member cazio who does fantastic work! these now match my 5k triton switchbacks for a nice clean look up front...pure pure white look

before

before

after

after

decided to plasti dip the faded black area in the grill and also black out the horizontal chrome bar (i briefly had this before but removed it due to a bad job by me)

tried my hand at a few pics with my wife's nice camera

and this is the reason my time has been so limited....my wife and i had a baby daughter, emma, 7 weeks ago and it's been an amazing experience so far. it's tiring and challenging, but it seriously changes your life (for the better!). just need to find time for car stuff still!

her first time smiling:

gotta end on car stuff however.....how my car currently looks! can't believe it's 9 years old!

Last edited by thoiboi; 07-20-2017 at 08:34 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by sockr1:
*.jpg (05-01-2017), DarkTower19 (04-28-2017), rockstar143 (04-28-2017), skd2k1 (04-28-2017), thoiboi (05-03-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Damn Dave...congrats, man!
Best time of your life and I love that you're still putting in work with the car to keep a sense of normalcy...
enjoy it now while she can't move much...trust me.
sockr1 (05-01-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
She's a beauty, btw...
sockr1 (05-01-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 12:28 PM
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts
Congrats on the little one!
sockr1 (05-01-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:14 PM
Team Owner

Congrats on your bundle of joy!
sockr1 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Damn Dave...congrats, man!
Best time of your life and I love that you're still putting in work with the car to keep a sense of normalcy...
enjoy it now while she can't move much...trust me.
Originally Posted by rockstar143
She's a beauty, btw...
haha thanks man!! luckily she gets that from her mom. yours has really been growing up fast as well i'm sure!
other parents just tell me it's a never ending cycle of moving onto the next "challenging" phase haha...all survival at this point

i try to work on my car when i can but it's extremely tough now. but so nice to get some wrench time in

Originally Posted by DarkTower19
Congrats on the little one!
Congrats on your bundle of joy!
thanks guys!
Old 05-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Safety Car

Congrats! I agree with J, they are fantastic when they can't crawl. I watch my nephew who is almost 1 and he is pretty damn quick and quite, turn your back for 5 seconds and he is gone!

Quick Reply: WDP Type S Progress Thread..better late than never!!