Old 03-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
You don't run the rear engine dampener at all Andy? O_o
Old 03-18-2016, 10:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 595 Likes on 408 Posts
I have the NRG one but nothing else.

I'll try to make sure my mechanic has everything lined up before torquing it all down. I've always enjoyed on/off throttle in gear but if this keeps happening I'll need to stop doing that.

Should we also be doing new tranny mounts to help the motor mounts out?
Old 03-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by maharajamd
You don't run the rear engine dampener at all Andy? O_o
Correct. I have a custom motor mount "arm" back there to replace the oem aluminum one which was right in the middle of turbo header real-estate for my twincharge setup that i'll eventually put to use.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by FamilyGuy
I have the NRG one but nothing else.

Should we also be doing new tranny mounts to help the motor mounts out?
Neither my upper nor lower trans mounts showed any signs of deterioration but I filled the upper one with poly anyways. The lower one needs some "give/movement" or you'll never be able to bolt it on.
The following users liked this post:
FamilyGuy (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Old 03-19-2016, 11:42 AM
Chapter Leader (Southeast Region)

Received 451 Likes on 394 Posts
Contacted josh at excelerate and all he seems to want to do is send the bracket back and they will weld it or I have to take it to a shop and get it welded and they will give me a store credit. Doesn't seem like much of a warranty to me, wish I would have gone with oem or innovative. Here is the recommended install sheet, you think they would put it in the box with the mounts.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:48 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by FamilyGuy
The events are good but overall you only have 10k miles and you have 2 additional torque dampers.

What do you mean stiffy mount, the 75a?
Stiffy mount is what ingall's calls their torque damper.

The 2 torque dampers came stock on my car, I just replaced them with lighter aftermarket ones. My point was that there are ways to make mounts last longer.

The 10k Miles was understatement, more like 15-20k. 10k Miles on my car is probably like 50k miles on any other acura.

I can see that tab being an issue with bad welds though.
The following users liked this post:
FamilyGuy (03-19-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 11:52 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Stephen00TL
Contacted josh at excelerate and all he seems to want to do is send the bracket back and they will weld it or I have to take it to a shop and get it welded and they will give me a store credit. Doesn't seem like much of a warranty to me, wish I would have gone with oem or innovative. Here is the recommended install sheet, you think they would put it in the box with the mounts.

I don't see any issue with this offer. He will weld it back up or you can weld it.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Chapter Leader (Southeast Region)

Received 451 Likes on 394 Posts
Originally Posted by brian6speed
I don't see any issue with this offer. He will weld it back up or you can weld it.
Doesn't seem like much of a warranty to me. If I sold something to someone and it failed within a month I don't think most people would be happy with a repair. Also what guarantee is there that the weld will hold up and solve my problem.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Just my opinion

No experience with XLR8 urethane motor mounts as I ruled them out in my pre-purchases research because of the weird-to-me design. Here's 1.5 years on 75A mount by Innovative since some people think XLR8 = urethane motor mount.

I used this to compare them side by side without buying both of them. I had to because both offered lifetime warranty.
https://www.heeltoeauto.com/tech-art...r8-mounts.html

XLR8 design is using the welded tab to "transfer" the rocking energy of engine to the urethane chunks (which aren't very good at their job anyway judging from this thread). So the weld is gonna crack sooner or later as there aren't that much of material to delay the inevitable to call it "semi-permanent". So you guys were technically in for the failure unless it was welded with unobtainium. I personally thought a grade 8 bolt in the Innovative design can take the abuse of repeated pulling(stretching) in the front. Not to mention the huge "washer" (also machined) does very good job in spreading the weight of the engine over the area of bushing.

Also... if I had two 3/4" metal tabs to hold ~300hp down, I would definitely prefer machined stainless steel tabs over welded tab. Oh and the "washer"s are also machined. Now some might say "but the bottom of mounts are both welded" well Innovative has more beads as I can see from Heeltoe's post. I'm not welding expert but hey, same force, more area. You can laugh at me all you want because if one of those machined SS tabs fail, I'm definitely posting pictures.

I don't know why XLR8 mounts are so much more popular, maybe they vibrate less. (But then again if they vibrate less they might move more when working, just a wild guess). Because in my 5AT the Innovative mounts SHAKE rear view mirror, it vibrates itself loose monthly. Mostly because I don't bother to shift to neutral while stopped anymore, but who does that in an automatic?! And with the A/C on I can see the dashboard vibrating UP AND DOWN about 1/4". But other than that completely satisfied with performance, and all unusual vibration goes away as soon as car starts moving. One other culprit is gas pedal vibrates too much but still, it's way more comfortable than racing go kart's. Still, I sometimes wish I can add some rubber washers between the base of mounts and subframe... I only went urethane for longevity.

Oh and one last thing, the softest durometer Innovative sells for V6 is 75. And according to heeltoe the NVH is "same" so might as well go with 75+.

Last edited by 4drviper; 03-29-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
I just ordered a Innovative 65a rear mount hopefully it wont fail on me in a couple years, then again I drive pretty easy most of the time.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:24 PM
Burning Brakes

^ Didn't know Innovative sold
1. 65A for V6 applications at all
2. just rear mount

reason being (per manufacturer)
1. too soft to take the torque
2. front and rear are kept in equal tension, "pulling" the bolts out of engine block bracket in opposite direction.

But then again I'm not sure if you have 3G TL..
Old 02-05-2017, 12:04 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How crazy are these vibrations when installing the 75a inserts?
Old 02-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by Perdomes
i have to increase my idle by 100 rpm to help with vibrations
Old 02-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
i have to increase my idle by 100 rpm to help with vibrations
That doesn't sound so bad, although I cant do that
Old 02-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Perdomes
For automatics using set of 3 Innovative 75A (which I am using, been 2.5yrs)

IMO(for comparison), stock engine mounts = ZERO vibration/noise whatsoever in any of the situations listed below.
AC on, in D/R, stopped, sometimes makes the dashboard vibrate up and down 1/8" especially around the middle speaker, and you can SEE it. It can also shakes the rear view mirror loose over time (every 2 weeks?) I have to slide the tab back in. But in all fairness my mirror is 10 years old by now.
AC on, in P/N, not that bad. You can hear the engine purr, and can feel through your butt.
AC off, in D/R, stopped, you can feel(and hear) the engine PURRRR.
AC off, in P/N, you can notice the engine running without looking at tach.

Things you can/will feel
1. Engine through floorboard/pedals/footrest
2. Unibody becoming a giant "speaker"

They are not carburetor-Harley crazy but definitely will make normal people think there is something wrong with the car, when stopped in gear, especially with AC compressor running. People have not noticed anything when in motion.

XLR8 type might (probably will) feel different since Innovative mounts only have about 1/2" thick urethane between steel parts.