AEM v2 intake on 08 Type S

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
AEM v2 intake on 08 Type S

Ok guys, im thinking about it, but alot of these AEM dealers locally tell me its not made for the type s? Obviously i've seen it in some in here, but whats the deal why are they telling me this? Does it require modifying the installation? Am i better off with the sku21-513 thats"made for the type s"?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:21 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
aemV2 #24-6110c WILL fit your type-s. go buy it and install it.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TripAcez
Ok guys, im thinking about it, but alot of these AEM dealers locally tell me its not made for the type s? Obviously i've seen it in some in here, but whats the deal why are they telling me this? Does it require modifying the installation? Am i better off with the sku21-513 thats"made for the type s"?
The dealers are telling you it isnt made for the Type S and they are right, for C.A.R.B. reasons. That intake is made for the accord, but can fit the type S though the air filter does sit kind of close to the fog light. If your in Jersey, it doesn't matter what intake your car has. I'm an inspection station employee in NJ and they wont check that intake any way so go buy it and install it if that's the intake you want. Don't expect any extra power over the AEM V1 or an intake you can make yourself from pieces bought at Home Depot.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dave_W
The dealers are telling you it isnt made for the Type S and they are right, for C.A.R.B. reasons. That intake is made for the accord, but can fit the type S though the air filter does sit kind of close to the fog light. If your in Jersey, it doesn't matter what intake your car has. I'm an inspection station employee in NJ and they wont check that intake any way so go buy it and install it if that's the intake you want. Don't expect any extra power over the AEM V1 or an intake you can make yourself from pieces bought at Home Depot.
Yea im not in it for any gains as long as i dont experience performance loss i'm fine, i'm more in it for the temporary satisfaction of being able to hear my engine sound a little agressive
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea im not in it for any gains as long as i dont experience performance loss i'm fine, i'm more in it for the temporary satisfaction of being able to hear my engine sound a little agressive
If that's the case, than any of the popular intakes out there will make the car sound more aggressive. You won't experience any loss in performance loss. The car will sound much better.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dave_W
If that's the case, than any of the popular intakes out there will make the car sound more aggressive. You won't experience any loss in performance loss. The car will sound much better.
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
aemV2 #24-6110c WILL fit your type-s. go buy it and install it.

Thank you guys
Old 03-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
If in it for just sound youd be a fool to waste funds on any intake. Just remove the intake resonator on stock intake and there you go. Now why anyone woundn't want the extra 10hp+ from an intake and added MPG is beyond me.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
If in it for just sound youd be a fool to waste funds on any intake. Just remove the intake resonator on stock intake and there you go. Now why anyone woundn't want the extra 10hp+ from an intake and added MPG is beyond me.
MPG is a plus i'm not one to brag about having added horsepower from an intake, obviously there is a gain but its not my main intent right now, there are plenty of other mods that will help with gains, i'm not worried about it right now..
Old 03-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
MPG is a plus i'm not one to brag about having added horsepower from an intake, obviously there is a gain but its not my main intent right now, there are plenty of other mods that will help with gains, i'm not worried about it right now..
Let me make something clear. The intake will make gains. Even more gains will happen from an intake when you marry the exhaust side with upgraded j-pipe and exhaust. All these parts work together to make added power. Think of it this way. Can you blow as much air taking a small breath in as you can taking a very deep breath? No. Same with your engine. You can add an exaust and j-pipe all you want but its gonna expell the same about of exhaust as the stock one did since its not enhaling any more air to exhaust. Make sense? The AEM V2 intake can suck in a lot more air than the stock intake You will see 10hp+ from it. This system is expensive though. Takeda CAI will give you the same gaines for less by around 60 bux less. while giving you good deep throaty sound.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:49 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008?

They stopped production on the rsx type s line in 2006. Did they not ? How do you have a 2008 model?
Old 02-26-2017, 08:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Old 03-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Cruisin'

Sorry this is some-what off topic but,
My 08 TL type S that I bought has some weird off brand intake on it (I think its called typhoon or something... can't remember off the top of my head)
Would it be worth going out of my way to get a AEM V2 and replacing it or does it not matter.... I don't mind forking out the money for it if it makes a difference.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Originally Posted by soital
Sorry this is some-what off topic but,
My 08 TL type S that I bought has some weird off brand intake on it (I think its called typhoon or something... can't remember off the top of my head)
Would it be worth going out of my way to get a AEM V2 and replacing it or does it not matter.... I don't mind forking out the money for it if it makes a difference.
they all work the same. If it is a Typhoon, that's K&N.

The big reason people get AEM is because they are CARB compliant for those needing emissions in California
The following users liked this post:
soital (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by thoiboi
they all work the same. If it is a Typhoon, that's K&N.

The big reason people get AEM is because they are CARB compliant for those needing emissions in California
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up for me!