Train horns 07 TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Train horns 07 TL-S

You read that right, train horns haha. Little back story, my first car at 15 was a 1994 integra. The horns on that thing were wimpy as could be so I installed a train horns on it. Here's some pictures.

Name:  IMG_8497.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  IMG_8495.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  86.9 KB

Name:  IMG_8494.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  IMG_8493.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  96.9 KB

And here's a slightly dumb video for your satisfaction. I should of laid on the button longer in most of these, instead i just blipped it so i didn't get "in trouble". I was 19 at the time lol.

Anyways, 3 months ago I was tboned by a drunk driver going 65mph.. The car was completely crushed. I woke up in the ambulance but luckily I'm okay now.
Name:  14915599_10210609814743346_2424044055857147180_n.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  106.4 KB

Because of the accident I was able to buy my 07 TL-S 6mt. So what are my plans? To install the horns from the integra on the TL.

I just need to order the horns again themselves because they were destroyed, but the 2 gallon tank and compressor should be going in shortly . Pictures to follow upon progress!
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (02-20-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 06:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts
Interesting..
Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Lol looks fun!! And glad you're with us today, that accident looks scary as hell
Old 02-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
join our colorado acuras facebook group, link is in this thread.
https://acurazine.com/forums/rocky-m.../#post15556818

PM Jake Allen, he knows a thing or two about train horns, haha!
https://tinyurl.com/jfz3c5f

Last edited by RobCSU; 02-18-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
RIP Integra
Glad you came out ok OP
Old 02-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by justnspace
Lol looks fun!! And glad you're with us today, that accident looks scary as hell
Just wait until they're installed. I'll make a video of the install and aftermath for others to follow
Originally Posted by RobCSU
join our colorado acuras facebook group, link is in this thread.
https://acurazine.com/forums/rocky-m.../#post15556818
PM Jake Allen, he knows a thing or two about train horns, haha!
https://tinyurl.com/jfz3c5f
Done and done.
Originally Posted by EvilVirus
RIP Integra
Glad you came out ok OP
That thing was 8 years of my life.. Sad day. Thanks though!
Old 02-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Cruisin'

Got some products in the mail yesterdayyy. My horns and solenoid are here! Unfortunately the electronic guage is on back order so I'll have to use my glowshift tank gauge for a bit.

Last edited by SkyDiv3r14; 02-28-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Cruisin'

Apparently the gauge was on back order but I just got it in the mail! What a nice surprise!

I'm doing some exhaust work this weekend but I should also have time to start on this install

Old 03-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Welcome to the TL train horn family. I installed mine back in the early fall. I have the hornblasters conductor special 540 series. Best investment I've ever made. A smile every time I hit it. I really like that pressure gauge, is that from them? The shocker series is phenomenal but I'd love to get a K5LA at some point. Obviously not for the TL, it wouldn't fit. I've been in the process of converting an old sub box to properly mount the 5 gallon tank and compressor and conceal it but have not installed it yet.

One thing to look into with your horns would be to upgrade your air lines to 1/2" to the solenoid. Makes a huge difference. Mine came with them but my cousin ordered the lower edition shocker and it was only 1/4" (I think) and the difference between mine and his is pretty significant.

Beware of the provided push-connect air fittings. The ones I had were good for a while but they over time have started to leak pretty bad. About 40-60 psi overnight. Lowes has the fittings in much better quality in the plumbing isle. They are about $7 but they seem to be much better quality.

Any way, if you need any advice on installing it hit me up.

also, I posted mine on here a while back, take a look.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...guy-ky-921850/
Old 03-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Gadgetmanconnor
Welcome to the TL train horn family. I installed mine back in the early fall. I have the hornblasters conductor special 540 series. Best investment I've ever made. A smile every time I hit it. I really like that pressure gauge, is that from them? The shocker series is phenomenal but I'd love to get a K5LA at some point. Obviously not for the TL, it wouldn't fit. I've been in the process of converting an old sub box to properly mount the 5 gallon tank and compressor and conceal it but have not installed it yet.

One thing to look into with your horns would be to upgrade your air lines to 1/2" to the solenoid. Makes a huge difference. Mine came with them but my cousin ordered the lower edition shocker and it was only 1/4" (I think) and the difference between mine and his is pretty significant.

Beware of the provided push-connect air fittings. The ones I had were good for a while but they over time have started to leak pretty bad. About 40-60 psi overnight. Lowes has the fittings in much better quality in the plumbing isle. They are about $7 but they seem to be much better quality.

Any way, if you need any advice on installing it hit me up.

also, I posted mine on here a while back, take a look.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...guy-ky-921850/
Hell yeah man! Didn't know there was more of us out there haha. The pressure gauge is indeed from HB. Its just white in their photo.

Now do you mean 1/2" inner diameter or outer diameter? The hose I have now is 1/2 OD and it worked great when I had it on the integra.

I've heard the same thing about their fittings.. Do you have a link to exactly what you're talking about? aka which fittings??

Thanks dude! Any pictures or videos of your set up?
Old 03-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SkyDiv3r14
Hell yeah man! Didn't know there was more of us out there haha. The pressure gauge is indeed from HB. Its just white in their photo.

Now do you mean 1/2" inner diameter or outer diameter? The hose I have now is 1/2 OD and it worked great when I had it on the integra.

I've heard the same thing about their fittings.. Do you have a link to exactly what you're talking about? aka which fittings??

Thanks dude! Any pictures or videos of your set up?
I'd love to get a gauge but I'm not putting a pillar in my car. If they had a smaller one, I'd put it in the cd holder in front of the shifter. Oh well though, the pressure switch is automatic anyway. It's O/D. I couldn't tell in the picture if it was or not. I ended up taking back the push connect and just picking up a crimp fitting. It seems 10x more solid and no leak at all. In about 2 weeks I'm gonna pull off my bumper and fix the front solenoid fitting so I'll snap a picture of them then. Well a better one at least.

I dont have a link, I just went to the store and found them in plumbing. last weekend I gutted an old sub box and put my tank and compressor in it. It has a clear front and a mirror base and looks pretty good. Plus it hides the wires and secures the tank. I'll take a picture of it tonight.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Gadgetmanconnor

I'd love to get a gauge but I'm not putting a pillar in my car. If they had a smaller one, I'd put it in the cd holder in front of the shifter. Oh well though, the pressure switch is automatic anyway. It's O/D. I couldn't tell in the picture if it was or not. I ended up taking back the push connect and just picking up a crimp fitting. It seems 10x more solid and no leak at all. In about 2 weeks I'm gonna pull off my bumper and fix the front solenoid fitting so I'll snap a picture of them then. Well a better one at least.

I dont have a link, I just went to the store and found them in plumbing. last weekend I gutted an old sub box and put my tank and compressor in it. It has a clear front and a mirror base and looks pretty good. Plus it hides the wires and secures the tank. I'll take a picture of it tonight.
I'm going to custom make a little holder for the guage and stick it in the little triangle piece in the door!

Hmm so how did you run that high pressure line through the middle of inside the car??? And how did you get it past the hot engine to your solenoid in the front?
Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SkyDiv3r14
I'm going to custom make a little holder for the guage and stick it in the little triangle piece in the door!

Hmm so how did you run that high pressure line through the middle of inside the car??? And how did you get it past the hot engine to your solenoid in the front?
That's not a bad idea. I actually ran the air line under the car. The line is so hard to bend without kinking so i decided against running it inside and ripping my interior out. I drilled out of the trunk and ran it along the fuel/brake lines. It goes under the engine and up in front of the radiator. It'll be on the alignment rack tomorrow morning ill take some pictures of how i did it. it's not the cleanest install but i installed it using the factory jack in a parking lot. lol