cd stuck inside cd changer, won't eject help.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
cd stuck inside cd changer, won't eject help.

i had this cd i wanted to test but i notice it had some scratches. it played did play well but while the cd was inside i tried to switch to a different cd but that did not work. Press the eject button and got cd error. now my cd are stuck inside and i cannot listen to any music cause it does not do anything. When i press Disc play it doesn't even go to disk mode, it just stay in xm, or fm wherever is on. i press the eject and I do hear a forcing eject sound but it doesn't eject the cd. press load cd and nothing. i disconnected and connected the battery, inserted the radio code and still same problem. The slot where you load the cd is close so i cannot even put a knife inside to help the cd changer eject the cd.

Any solution on this?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Proud Acura Owner

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by eduardmc
i had this cd i wanted to test but i notice it had some scratches. it played did play well but while the cd was inside i tried to switch to a different cd but that did not work. Press the eject button and got cd error. now my cd are stuck inside and i cannot listen to any music cause it does not do anything. When i press Disc play it doesn't even go to disk mode, it just stay in xm, or fm wherever is on. i press the eject and I do hear a forcing eject sound but it doesn't eject the cd. press load cd and nothing. i disconnected and connected the battery, inserted the radio code and still same problem. The slot where you load the cd is close so i cannot even put a knife inside to help the cd changer eject the cd.

Any solution on this?
same as you.. but in a 04 TSX.. i am furious!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same thing happened to me in my 04 cts-v worst $1000 mistake ever.......! Never put scratched CDs in your cd changer! Ill neveThat That in my type-s :-)
Old 11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Saysdamnalot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had this happen multiple times on a Nissan. Found out about 2 years later that homemade CD labels were getting hot, peeling off and causing the jam.

Why would a scratched CD cause a jam? Seems like it would have to be a very severe scratch in order to produce a mechanical snag.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Proud Acura Owner

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MofroS
I had this happen multiple times on a Nissan. Found out about 2 years later that homemade CD labels were getting hot, peeling off and causing the jam.

Why would a scratched CD cause a jam? Seems like it would have to be a very severe scratch in order to produce a mechanical snag.
no labels and mostly newly burned CD-R Sony High Quality discs.. I've been using the same CD's for 4-5 years. I had the CD Changer replaced under warranty in 06, so idk why this happened again. Also, my Console Lights went out the same day.. I banged on the bottom of the changer lightly and the lights went out.. But it was probably because of the issue with the lights. Me banging on it didn't cause the lights to go out.. im sure of it.