3GTL/2GRL Bluetooth Phones Compatibility...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 10:59 PM
MMB
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackberry Works fine

I was able to pair my new Blackberry 7100t from T-Mobile just fine. The battery and signal indicators both show up, and incoming calls are easy to answer. I've even programmed a few of my more common #s into the HFL so I can dial them without having to pick up the phone. Too bad I couldn't just upload the whole phonebook!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Team Nighthawk Engineer

Has anyone had experience with the new Auidiovox XV6600 that Verizon is offering? Any idea what other BT phones may be offered by Verizon. Like the service, they are just way behind the power curve on BT.

Thanks...
Old 12-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
out of all of these phones..in your own opinion which phone do u think is the best...overall...
Old 12-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which phone is best??

Sony Ericsson T-637/ Cingular service
No major issues
Old 12-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Instructor

Nokia 6310i (no signal & battery)

I have the Nokia 6310i and the MID does not display signal or battery.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:22 AM
3rd Gear

Xv6600

Just got the XV6600 today. Bluetooth paired okay, however the HFL will only do incoming calls, not outgoing. Plus no display info for battery or signal strength.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dmizock
Just got the XV6600 today. Bluetooth paired okay, however the HFL will only do incoming calls, not outgoing. Plus no display info for battery or signal strength.
What kind of phone is the XV6600? I've not heard that model number before.

My Motorola V600 did not work for incoming calls until I got a software upgrade. Perhaps there is a software update you could obtain.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by hypertech

My Motorola V600 did not work for incoming calls until I got a software upgrade. Perhaps there is a software update you could obtain.
LG
Old 12-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Cruisin'

Great list. Keep up the good work.

I got my '05 TL on Dec 7 with high hopes for to Bluetooth my Motorola MPx220.

I was a little dissapointed when I didn't see all the information (signal strength and battery level) on the MID but was pleased with the ability to use my phone with the car's audio system. A very nice feature to me!

After much research, I found some information about this phone's Bluetooth compatibility but not much on the Acura. The Acura Owner's site (http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/prod_home.asp) offers some information on compatible phones and how to configure them (http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Operati...dsfreelink.asp).

I submitted a service request to Motorola for the MPx220 and they sent me a complience list for Bluetooth, all being version 1.0 (Bluetooth, HFL, etc).
(https://motorola.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...p?p_faqid=4151)

Also, I found this page in Motorola; stating they will work with other companies to make Motorola phones complient with other Bluetooth devices.
(https://motorola.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...i=&p_topview=1)

But then I found this page:
(https://motorola.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...p?p_faqid=4149)

I'm trying to determine the versions of of the Acura Bluetooth, HFL, etc and that should give us some clues to the incompatibility issue. Anybody know the Bluetooth or HFL versions used in the Acura TL?

Merry Christmas Everybody!
Scott
Old 12-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hypertech

LG - its a pocket pc phone though... :-\
Old 12-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dmizock
dmizock,
Let us know how you like this phone and if you ever get the bluetooth to work.
How is the EVDO.
Thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 09:09 PM
3rd Gear

Audiovox XV6600

I've had this new Verizon PocketPC Phone for only a day, but so far, I like it a lot. I live in San Diego where Verizon has high speed broadband service available. The EV-DO is great and works well with the Pocket IE and Outlook Express. The device itself is a little larger than I would like, but considering what it offers and the size of the screen, I really can't complain. One of the main reasons I got the phone was to be able to pair it with the TL. I've had "Smartphones" for years (most recently the Kyocera 7135) and I guess I'm pretty sold on the idea of having a phone and a PDA in one unit. The new XV6600 also expands on the computing side with Pocket Word, Excel, IE etc., and allows me to leave the laptop at home. As far as the Bluetooth pairing with the HFL, I was able to successfully pair the two, but no status indicators and even worse, no outgoing calls! Incoming calls work fine, but I can't use the HFL to call out. I'm hoping that there will be a firmware upgrade coming along in the not too distant future. If anyone has more information on fixing the missing Bluetooth capabilities...I'm all ears!
Old 12-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Team Nighthawk Engineer

Please if you would keep us posted on your success with this phone? This is the phone I am strongly considering, but since I've been told Verizon is coming out with more BT phones, I am debating on whether it is worth waiting a month or so...

Thanks
Old 12-28-2004, 10:52 PM
7th Gear

You say that the Nokia 6620 works with HFL in the Acura TL. After I purchased my TL, I waited for over a year for a phone from Cingular that I liked and that had Bluetooth. Unfortunately, the 6620 (at least mine) won't pair with my TL, and the HFL link at Acura, http://tinyurl.com/489nl, doesn't list the 6620 as a HFL compatible phone. I emailed Acura with the problem--they told me that it was Nokia's problem. I emailed Nokia with the problem--they told me it was Acura's problem. GRRRR!!! PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE!!! I just spent $200 on the 6620 and really like it, but I guess that I will have to toss it and get another, as I really want to be able to use the HFL. (And, of course, the person who sold me the TL knew absolutely nothing about this problem.)
Old 12-29-2004, 12:01 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by blacklab88
You say that the Nokia 6620 works with HFL in the Acura TL. After I purchased my TL, I waited for over a year for a phone from Cingular that I liked and that had Bluetooth. Unfortunately, the 6620 (at least mine) won't pair with my TL, and the HFL link at Acura, http://tinyurl.com/489nl, doesn't list the 6620 as a HFL compatible phone. I emailed Acura with the problem--they told me that it was Nokia's problem. I emailed Nokia with the problem--they told me it was Acura's problem. GRRRR!!! PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE!!! I just spent $200 on the 6620 and really like it, but I guess that I will have to toss it and get another, as I really want to be able to use the HFL. (And, of course, the person who sold me the TL knew absolutely nothing about this problem.)
Sorry about Hijack of thread.

6620 is on list of phones that will work with HFL. My Nokia 6310i and 6230 both work great but no signal or battery indicators. I suggest you post a help question about pairing your phone or read through other threads. I'm also with ATTW/Cingular.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:35 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
ok i'm late but MOTO E398 works but no battery sign and SONY ERICSSON S700i works with battery and signal sign.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by JATTerbox
...SONY ERICSSON S700i works with battery and signal sign.
S700i seems to display everything... ?? https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105380
Old 01-03-2005, 11:37 PM
3rd Gear

I'm successfully using the i-mate PDA2K with my HFL. This is only after loading the latest ROM update and/or Bluetooth patch provided by i-mate. The only issue is lack of signal or battery meter, no biggie IMO. The PDA2K is the GSM version of the Verizon VX6600 or the Sprint 6601, so hopefully you guys with those phones will be getting a patch soon.

IF you are brave and not adverse to having to hard reset your phone (losing all data) some enterprising individuals at www.pdaphonehome.com have managed to extract the bluetooth stack from the i-mate patch and successfully load it on the Verizon and Sprint phones. Visit that forum for directions. Those that have loaded the patch are quite happy with the results and it should make the HFL work with your phone. Again, do this at your own risk - don't blame me if you break your $600 new toy.

whydidnt
Old 01-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Cruisin'

N-Gage QD

FYI I have the Nokia N-Gage QD with what I think is a pretty recent firmware. [Don't ask which version, I forget now how to check but looked into it a few weeks ago.]

HFL works fine except for the Battery/Signal meters as previously mentioned.

The only other problem I have had is in transferring between HFL and the phone.

Example: Call using the phone, then transfer using the phone. Disconnects. Plus then I can't seem to get the phone back unless I either leave the car for a while (not sure how long) or try to re-pair the phone.

However I recently found out that if I transfer using the HFL "transfer" command, I get transferred w/o problems.

Also the other day my wife's SE610 was in the car and paired and I got in. Realized it so took her phone into the house. Now no pairing for my N-Gage. I *swear* I hit the HFL button and said "transfer" and it picked back up.

I'm trying to play around a bit....none of these are fatal as it seems I've found work-arounds, but they definitely don't seem to play well together 100%.

Mike
Old 01-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by mrobinsn
...Don't ask which version, I forget now how to check but looked into it a few weeks ago...
Mike, thanks for your quick report. Wish we could get the further review from you soon.

Btw, to check firmware of Nokia phones, from the main screen enter *#0000# (four zeros), offered by mobilezen https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103687
Old 01-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rets
Btw, to check firmware of Nokia phones, from the main screen enter *#0000# (four zeros), offered by mobilezen https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103687
Ahh...thanks I had forgotten...before the holidays and all, you know.

For those who care,:

V 0.410
19-07-2004
RH-47

If you know where to download a new firmware to install just let me know! I'll try to play around with the car and set over the next few days.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Intermediate

verizon customers & v710

see the attached link:
i hear the v710 doesn't function to the full capacity of common bluetooth phone (e.g. pc syncing and data xfer across phones) cos verizon diabled those features in order to get customers to subscribe with them in order to use similar verizon proprietary services. for those who currently have the v710, is this true? i want a bluetooth phone for the purpose of music/data file xfer from my pc and also for the acuralink system. though, verizon doesn't have much to offer with phones. this class-action suit is really disturbing that verizon would lock features on the phone. i'm considering switching service providers. despite the every 2yr deal verizon gets, i believe that in this economy, u can always negotiate with other providers to get even better deals off them.

http://channels.lockergnome.com/mobi...luetooth.phtml
Old 01-16-2005, 06:30 PM
2nd Gear

Has anyone tried out the Motorola V3 from Cingular?
Old 01-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Motorola RAZR works fine including Caller ID, Signal Strength but not battery level (Its not supported in HFP 1.0 spec anyway).
Old 01-20-2005, 01:13 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by bLAQUEmALE
see the attached link:
i hear the v710 doesn't function to the full capacity of common bluetooth phone (e.g. pc syncing and data xfer across phones) cos verizon diabled those features in order to get customers to subscribe with them in order to use similar verizon proprietary services. for those who currently have the v710, is this true? i want a bluetooth phone for the purpose of music/data file xfer from my pc and also for the acuralink system. though, verizon doesn't have much to offer with phones. this class-action suit is really disturbing that verizon would lock features on the phone. i'm considering switching service providers. despite the every 2yr deal verizon gets, i believe that in this economy, u can always negotiate with other providers to get even better deals off them.

http://channels.lockergnome.com/mobi...luetooth.phtml
Crippled phones are BS and a sign of bad faith IMHO. Might want to check out a GSM phone and either Cingular or Tmobile. Nokia 6230 is really decent. No signal strength or battery indicator on MID but sound is good and caller ID works. Nokia 6230 has an MMC card for Music/photos/data. 1g cards are available for <$100, phone is about $150 from carrier or $250 unlocked. I love it. Also has other typical goodies and an fm radio.

http://www.howardforums.com/index.php?

HOFO link above will tell you more than you want to know about phones and carriers. Hope this helps.

Nokia 6230 specs http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/6230
Old 01-28-2005, 10:21 PM
My name is RL.

Thumbs up Motorola A780

Motorola A780 works great. This is a quad-band linux based GSM phone. Signal strength and battery life indicators do not display but the rest of the HFL features work without a hitch. Call quality is more than adequate. Bluetooth profile information indicated that Motorola should be able to get signal strength and battery indicator working with an OS update.

One thing you have to do to get the phone to pair with HFL is go into the bluetooth application during the pairing process and select Find so that both the HFL and the phone are "looking for each other" at the same time. Then enter the PIN you set during the HFL pairing process. HFL will not find the phone if all you do is make the phone's Bluetooth discoverable for 3 minutes.

It might have been mentioned previously but if you want to know the Bluetooth capabilities of any Bluetooth compatible device, go to:

http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Templat...lifiedProducts
Old 02-03-2005, 02:46 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I posted here, the new GSM Treo 650 is not compatible with the TL's handsfree yet.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Hopefully, we could get more cases here soon...

Originally Posted by bluenoise
As I posted here, the new GSM Treo 650 is not compatible with the TL's handsfree yet.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=73

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=79

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=81
Old 02-03-2005, 07:44 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Yes, those links are for the Sprint version of the phone, which is not GSM. The GSM version, which just started shipping last week, lacks the update and is, therefore, the reason for my posts.

The (potential) good news, though, is they just made a GSM version of the updater available today (2/3), so I'll give it a try this evening.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

bluenoise, thanks for helping clarify their difference.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

As I posted in the other thread...

Here are the results of updating my Treo 650 (GSM/ATT&T/Cingular):

It works! I was able to call numbers from the car's phone book and receive a call. I also successfully transferred calls to and from the car. It pairs up immediately when I start the car. Like the Sprint update, though, there is no signal or battery strength meters. There is just an antenna icon on the display, but no further info. Caller ID works, too. As far as I can tell, it is the same functionality as the Sprint version now.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Thumbs up

As I posted in the other thread...

Here are the results of updating my Treo 650 (GSM/ATT&T/Cingular):

It works! I was able to call numbers from the car's phone book and receive a call. I also successfully transferred calls to and from the car. It pairs up immediately when I start the car. Like the Sprint update, though, there is no signal or battery strength meters. There is just an antenna icon on the display, but no further info. Caller ID works, too. As far as I can tell, it is the same functionality as the Sprint version now.
Man, the good news is never late.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...60#post1122860

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...62#post1122862
Old 02-05-2005, 07:35 AM
TLover

7250 Verizon bluetooth BlackBerry

i am testing this out for my company. Never used my TL's bluetooh. When I go to pairing devices on the BlackBerry it doesn't find anything. Do I need to do anything in the car? or just click find devices on the Blackberry?
Old 02-05-2005, 01:41 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by wjpetz
i am testing this out for my company. Never used my TL's bluetooh. When I go to pairing devices on the BlackBerry it doesn't find anything. Do I need to do anything in the car? or just click find devices on the Blackberry?
Yes, check the manual for instructions. I followed the ones in the quick reference guide that came with the car (spiral-bound little book) under the HFL/MID tab.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:03 PM
TLover

7250 Verizon bluetooth BlackBerry WORKS!!!

Yes, check the manual for instructions. I followed the ones in the quick reference guide that came with the car (spiral-bound little book) under the HFL/MID tab.
I never got that book, but stopped by the dealership, he hold me the commands "phone" "setup", it works great! See the battery and signal. What is the "transfer" everybody says? I walk in the car and can start making calls with out saying transfer.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:01 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by wjpetz
I never got that book, but stopped by the dealership, he hold me the commands "phone" "setup", it works great! See the battery and signal. What is the "transfer" everybody says? I walk in the car and can start making calls with out saying transfer.
During a call, telling the HFL voice command, "Transfer" causes the call to be transfered to the handset or back to the HFL. Use this if you're getting out of the car while on a call, for instance.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Advanced

I just purchased a new RL. I should have it in a few days.

I'm looking for recommendations on which of the many phones listed here are the best? I use Verizon Wireless and I'm in NJ. I don't want to waste $ but I am willing to spend somewhat more to get a better quality or more compatable phone. TIA for any suggestions.

Peter
Old 02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
TLover

Verizon 7250

Thanks for the info on "transfer", After testing this device i feel in love with the Bluetooth feature. However if your company has policies on your BlackBerry and it's timeout then if the phone locks you can not make phone calls. You will need to unlock the phone on the blackberry before u can make calls.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Cruisin'

You can add the Audiovox XV6600 with the newly released ROM upgrade.
Everything works fine. No battery or signal stregnth.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by sclevan
You can add the Audiovox XV6600 with the newly released ROM upgrade.
Everything works fine. No battery or signal stregnth.
Since you put the upgrade info/link in another thread, I'll use that thread as the reference. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 3GTL/2GRL Bluetooth Phones Compatibility...