AcuraLink Streams 2.0 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
AcuraLink Streams 2.0 Issues

I would like to advise those who use this app with Android to be cautious accepting the update being pushed (2.0). Each time I downloaded it it would crash upon installation with a Google 505 error message (which basically tells us something went wrong - but not what it was). Being diligent to keep my app updated, I followed the endless HELP suggestions that include facing north while standing on one foot and scratching the chin of a collie who is trying to warn you Timmy has fallen in the well.

Finally, after exhausting all the hocus pocus (we hope he just gives up) advise, the last suggestion was to uninstall the original version of AcuraLink and then install the new version (2.0). Well it uninstalled fine. But it STILL will not install 2.0. So now I cannot even use the old version.

After chatting with Google Store Tech Support, we both concluded it was the AcuraLink app and not Google, Android of my Note4. SInce other apps were updating without issues it appears isolated to AcuraLink Streams. Next I tweet Acura CS who DMs me to supply contact details. I get a call withing an hour from AcuraLink Tech Support. Guess what? They are aware that the new 2.0 app has conflicts with some devices (which were previously compatible). So the advice I got was not to install 2.0. Were they listening? The problem started because I cannot install 2.0. And now that I have uninstalled the previous version I am now unable to use Aha with AcuraLink Streams.

But they are working on a Fix / Update. They cannot tell me how long that will take. They cannot advise me when it is ready. They cannot assure I will ever get ALStreams back. They cannot say they know what the problem is. They cannot warn future users there may be issues downloading 2.0. But they Thanked me for my concern and asked if there was anything else they could do.

My nephew's KIA Tech Support is light years ahead of Acura - the brand once known as 'ADVANCE'.
The following users liked this post:
pgeorg (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
When it comes to AcuraLink, they are one of the worse CS and Techs to deal with :-(

They usually know nothing, and can't give you an answer to any question you ask.......
Old 10-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
I believe they outsource Acuralink CS to a 3rd party
The following users liked this post:
pgeorg (10-06-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 08:19 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Now, a few days later and the app download is fixed. I reinstalled the app and I again have my aha streams in my car. The universe is again safe.
The following 2 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
fsmith (10-14-2016), pgeorg (10-14-2016)