Traffic Information Could Not Be Received

Old 12-30-2016, 11:50 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traffic Information Could Not Be Received

I have a 2015 MDX Tech that is a little over 2 years old. About a week ago I noticed the navigation is no longer showing traffic information. If I go to Traffic Incidents I get the message "Traffic information could not be received." I called AcuraLink and they asked if there was a red light or green light on the Link button (red light, which I think has been on for several months) and said the telematics unit needs to be reset. He said I have to take it to a dealer to have this done.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it is possible to reset the telematics unit without taking it to the dealer. I am thinking maybe disconnecting the battery for a few minutes might do this. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Old 12-31-2016, 06:36 AM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by flcoasterguy
I have a 2015 MDX Tech that is a little over 2 years old. About a week ago I noticed the navigation is no longer showing traffic information. If I go to Traffic Incidents I get the message "Traffic information could not be received." I called AcuraLink and they asked if there was a red light or green light on the Link button (red light, which I think has been on for several months) and said the telematics unit needs to be reset. He said I have to take it to a dealer to have this done.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it is possible to reset the telematics unit without taking it to the dealer. I am thinking maybe disconnecting the battery for a few minutes might do this. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Acura just installed an LTE telematics control unit in my car replacing the CDMA TCU, Works much better now.

Search this Thread