New '17 SH-AWD MDX Advance & AcuraLink issue

Old 02-27-2017, 10:56 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New '17 SH-AWD MDX Advance & AcuraLink issue

Hello all, have yet to find a recent conversation on this. Just leased a new 2017 MDX - Advance on 2/18/17 and as of today (2/27) AcuraLink is still not working. On my iPhone 7 I get a message saying it's not provisioned properly and when I try to log-in on my computer I am told my subscription has expired. I have called Acura Client Relations and Tech Support several times and even after signing up for their 90-day Premium trial (on Friday) I still cannot gain access to the service. Each time I am told they will look into it and it will take 24-48 hours to hear back. When I signed up & gave my credit card info i was told it can take 24 hours for their system to update yet the agreement arrived in my GMAIL inbox within seconds.....? How, in this day of technology advancements should it take that long to activate..............and here it is, three days later and it is still not active! We know the telematics are now working as the Nav traffic is now showing on the screen. This is the 4th Acura for my family over the years and first time so disappointed and quite honestly feeling like I made a mistake. Had considered Mercedes Benz, BMW X5, Caddy XT5 and even the Honda Pilot. Speaking of the Honda, why is it that Honda has features such as Apple Play and Acura, their high-end 'luxury' brand does not?? Something is simply not right about that..!! Apologies for the rant, just very frustrated current situation and experience - hope it all gets resolved soon!!
Old 02-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Thread moved from the New Member Introductions. (Introduce yourself here. Please post technical questions in car forums.) Forum.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Banned

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Welcome to the MDX family!

Sorry to hear about your issues with AcuraLink. I just picked up my 2017 MDX a few weeks back and also had issues with AcuraLink.

I called the number by pressing the AcuraLink button in the car and went through the activation...Provided by Credit card to sign up for the trial service and was told I would be up and running within a few hours.

The AcuraLink showed as activated in the nav display but I was unable to log in via the computer or the app - kept getting errors for provisioning / wrong credentials etc.

Anyway, I had to call their tech support again and they had to deactivate the account, then they waited 24 hours and then called me back the next day and re added the account and re provisioned it. It started working 15 mins after.

So I guess the folks they have at the third party call center somewhere in the mid west are either not trained property or Workin at shitty wages which is why they keep screwing up.

Best bet is to call and ask for tech support..Or call the dealer and have them set it up for you instead of you having to deal with some of the clowns at the call center!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome and sorry to hear, but it is typical. Not to be mean but you should have done your research in regards to the Navigation, i have a 2016 MDX, i did test the car a little bit before but i really really did not know it was that bad, i don't drive the MDX, my wife does and she relies a lot on the navigation and when ever she presses the button, it takes 30 seconds maybe even longer to show on the screen to get directions, very very bad. A lot of people has complaint about the navigation even me and acura told me pretty much NOPE there is nothing they can do. As far as the acuralink, i did not even signup for the premium so i don't know about that, but i do have the regular trial and it has work ok. The MDX aside from the navigation does come with a lot of standard features that others don't and for that it comes down to how much you want to spend an preference. Good luck with your MDX.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the replies and 'nvasquez269', you are not being mean, just stating a fact. I did a lot of research but left this part out - my error. The other vehicles I'd looked at were the BMW X5, Caddy XT5, Audi Q7 and Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I crossed off the Jeep based on their continuing poor maintenance reviews, the Audi was simply too costly for me to justify, the Cadillac XT5 is an interesting vehicle but simply didn't wow me enough and what had been my first choice the BMW X5 was about $140-150/mo more than the MDX. I agree that the MDX nav is slow on set-up but so far its directions with traffic have been good. I also finally figured out how to get both Google Maps and Waze to work with the MDX's Bluetooth and speakers - this had been an issue with other vehicles as well....had to dig deeper into both programs settings.

I'll wait the requested 24-48 hours to see if Acura Tech support (at Acura in Torrence, CA per reps) can resolve (already past 24 hours) and if still not working ask them to deactivate and reactivate and see if that helps (thanks 'TypeAcura')...
Old 03-01-2017, 04:46 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best of luck MC 219 ! I also purchased a '17 MDX Adv with Ent. and did some pretty deep analysis on deciding between an X5, Q7 and GLE 350. I'm a former owner of a '14 TL Adv and absolutely loved the cars handling power and yes, the nav system was infinity better then the '17 MDX. ... how Acura could produce a $50K + car with a worse Nav system then former years is bizarre. My tech friend at Acura who has been there many years explained the coding was poorly designed and they are very much aware of this. maybe a lot of folks should complain to the tech support number to further spotlight displeasure . If you can get past the Nav system the other features and performance is the best bang for your buck versus the alternatives .... I have had 5 Acura's and 6 honda's in my family and every time i try to move in another directions ( Lexus , BMW Audi) the numbers features and serivice draw me back to Acura (for now anyway)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:26 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
That blows.. my dealer setup everything at the showroom and mine was working.

I barely used the onboard nav.. Waze / google / misc apps have better info anyway.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Cruisin'

Update: after 12 days AcuraLink is finally working - this after countless calls with Acura Tech Group, Client Relations, and AcuraLink. Part of the frustration was each call with the tech group & AcuraLink ended with them saying it would take 24-48 hours to her anything back or for the system to update.
They reset the start date for the 90-day premium trial, after which I'm sure I will cancel as I don't need a concierge on-call..!

I find that the nav on this 2017 MDX is slower than that on my last Acura, a 2011 TSX as it has a lag when initiating a route. I too much prefer Google Maps and Waze as well and now that I've adjusted my iPhone settings to work over the vehicles Bluetooth it's great. Prior to the other day, there was no sound through the car's speakers or the phone when connected via Bluetooth - this had happened on other cars as well but all is great now!!

PS: Acura Client Relations "assured" me that they were documenting my concerns, along with questions as to why Honda has tech features that Acura does not (read Apple Car Play & Android Auto).

Make it a great day...................!!

Search this Thread