Hidden Features Found On Your MDX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't tried calling someone and turning off the engine but I know that when I press the start button with the transmission in drive, the engine shuts off, car switches to ACC mode and the infotainment system stays on. Press the start button two more times and everything shuts off (without pressing brake pedal). Since infotainment system stays on, I would assume Bluetooth stays active.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
recently just purchased a 2015 mdx and wanted to bump this thread to see if there's been any other findings!

i know the back up camera brightness has been said already (turn dial while in reverse), but also if you push in the interface dial you have the option of 3 camera views: normal, wide angle, and top down over the bumper (at least you have that option in the advance trim with rear entertainment)
Old 12-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Automated key fob

Originally Posted by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX
I decided to go back and read the manual on the remote door openers before I make this post.. Not once but twice when we had RAIN here in San Diego ( I know, Hard To Believe :gheywave, I was walking very fast to my MDX as I did not have an umbrella. When I was a few feet away, to my surprise, heard a Beep-Beep??? When I went to grab the handel to unlocvk the doors, to my surprise the doors were unlocked for me.. I see nothing in the manual about this being a feature of the keyless entry system. Since my MDX has a rain sensor, does it recognize the fact that it is raining out and is smart enough to unlock the doors?
I believe that is the way this system works, it has nothing to do with the rain. The new interactive key fobs unlock the car when you come up to it and allow you to start the car with the push button. I never take the key fob out of my pocket, in fact it is in a zipper in my key pouch, but I never press a button on it. My wife keeps hers in the bottom of her purse and doesn't have to dig it out because the car recognizes when she is in the vicinity. I think the range is about 32 inches, when you are within that distance then the car lights come on and the doors unlock. If you don't want to get in the car just don't open the door and they should relock within about 30 seconds. I happen to think this is a fabulous feature, all I have to do is have the fob with me, I don't have to push any buttons.
Another feature that some may not know about is you can tell the system to reset your "A" odometer reading automatically when you get gas. I find that very helpful because I do like to watch my mileage.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by JADS
I believe that is the way this system works, it has nothing to do with the rain. The new interactive key fobs unlock the car when you come up to it and allow you to start the car with the push button. I never take the key fob out of my pocket, in fact it is in a zipper in my key pouch, but I never press a button on it. My wife keeps hers in the bottom of her purse and doesn't have to dig it out because the car recognizes when she is in the vicinity. I think the range is about 32 inches, when you are within that distance then the car lights come on and the doors unlock. If you don't want to get in the car just don't open the door and they should relock within about 30 seconds. I happen to think this is a fabulous feature, all I have to do is have the fob with me, I don't have to push any buttons.
Another feature that some may not know about is you can tell the system to reset your "A" odometer reading automatically when you get gas. I find that very helpful because I do like to watch my mileage.
It actually does have to do with the rain. Our system works by touching the handle inside to unlock first, then pull the handle to open door. It does not auto unlock by proximity. In the rain, when you are in proximity, the rain drops have been known to hit the inside of the door handle, causing the system to think you've touched it and unlocks the door(s).
Old 01-14-2017, 05:16 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found by pressing my unlock 3 times on my 2014 I get Remote Start. I am guessing that this isn't on all.