ACURA MDX 2015 Suspension Noise

Old 08-14-2015, 01:28 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
Nope, mine was Base FWD. Suspension is the same across all models.
Not quite true.

The AWD MDX model has stiffer front/rear sway bars than the FWD model.

So the AWD model will have better handling performance, but also harsher ride quality than the FWD model.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2016 MDX Rear Thud Nlise

We had a base 2014 MDX and were very happy, but we wanted NAV and a new car. Went to the local dealer and traded for a new 2016 MDX with a nine-speed trans and Nav. This vehicle has a thud noise in the rear over certain bumps. The dealer had the car for three days and replaced the right rear shock. No change. I think they don't have a clue. We have only 1600 miles on the car but I think I will get rid of it. This is very disturbing. I would caution any prospective buyer. Also, the 9 speed is not that smooth but in all fairness, I do think from what I have read it will get better.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a brand new 2016 Advance SH-AWD and the suspension noises are ridiculous. I took it to the dealer along with a laundry list of other assembly related issues (mis-aligned hood, unattached muffler, roof liner not installed right, reflector on bumper loose, susension noise, etc.).

My dealer who really showed no interest in me helping and criticized me for buying the vehicle since it had all of these problems only was willing to fix something they could visually see like the roof liner, muffler and loose reflector. They said the misaligned hood is a feature of the 2016 model year.

They similarly said the suspension is as normal, but it simply cannot be this loud. My issues are too fold:

1) Front suspension - over speed bumps or very large articulations at slow speeds (like speed bumps), the front makes a squishing noise when it comes down from the speed bump. It's like a squishy sound with a little bit of a crunch sound in it. It also doesn't seem to rebound as strong as I'd expect, almost as if the shocks are blown and a bit bouncy, but that could be a side-effect of the sound which tricks the brain to thinking something is just not right.

2) Rear suspension - It makes a hollow/echo like sound over moderate bumps, potholes, manhole covers. Almost as if you were driving a pickup truck with a bunch of light flat material (light plywood, etc) that is rattling in the bed while going over bumps.

It is absolutely ridiculous and sounds more like a NYC Ford Crown Vic cab with 500,000 miles on it.

On the highway, it is serene though, just the around town behavior is unacceptable. I don't know what to do. Acura Client Relations was a joke about all of my issues. I haven't owned a Honda/Acura product in over 10 years, but I am absolutely floored at the assembly quality as well as this ride refinement. I seriously regret this purchase...

At present, I've fixed or learned to tolerate other issues, but this is a real show stopper for me.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:56 PM
2nd Gear

Angry Acura MDX 2015 Suspension Noise

If you review my note from last week, you will read of my concern about the noise and transmission in my new 2016 Acura MDX AWD with Navi. So, here is what I did: I went back to my local Acura dealer and traded back for my 2014 base MDX AWD. They had not yet sold it but it does now have the extended warranty that comes with certification by Acura so the money I lost, several thousand, was not a total waste. I knew the moment I went for a drive in my old MDX that I was making the correct decision. That car, the 2014, is quiet, has no clunks in the rear suspension, shifts smoothly, and is a joy to drive. I have had well over 150 cars in my life, really, and the 2016 MDX cured me of ever owning another Acura in my life. The 2014 is fine and will do for awhile, but I won't go through this experience again ever. I would have traded for any brand other than my old Acura but I was getting killed on the trade-in value. Acura has an issue for sure. Too bad they won't deal with it.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:01 PM
10th Gear

Its weird that not all have this noise, my 2016 does not have this suspension noise, yet...

It does make faint groan when going over speed bumps from both ends, but you have to try to hear it. Certainly nothing like what is being described here.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts
The noise you are hearing is shock absorber transient noise or shock chuckle. It's prevalent in a lot of the newer Acura models. It's beyond me why they don't address this after 3 years of complaints. They've lost a few customers, me included on account of it.
Your dealer is an a-hole. Mine tried their best to help out but after 3 sets of rear shocks in 2 years and a front strut on the way out I just gave up on the brand.

Originally Posted by BrianV

2) Rear suspension - It makes a hollow/echo like sound over moderate bumps, potholes, manhole covers. Almost as if you were driving a pickup truck with a bunch of light flat material (light plywood, etc) that is rattling in the bed while going over bumps.

Last edited by hand-filer; 10-12-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:22 AM
Intermediate

An Acura tech on another forum did say a batch of the early 2016 MDX's had a production/assembly issue where the right rear sway bar end link was not attached/tightened enough and makes a noise. My sound initially sounded stronger on the right side, so I may look into that as well.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

Just Picked up my 2016 MDX Elite/Advance on Wednesday. The Noise coming from the rear seats and suspension driving me crazy. Wish I was a member last week. Happy to see I am not alone. Let you know the B/S answer I get.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:35 PM
2G TLX-S

^^^^^

If there's rattling noise coming from under the 2nd row seat when traveling on rough roads, there is a factory service bulletin for that fix.

I had mine 2014 MDX fixed for rattling 2nd row seat long before this factory bulletin came out.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
^^^^^

If there's rattling noise coming from under the 2nd row seat when traveling on rough roads, there is a factory service bulletin for that fix.

I had mine 2014 MDX fixed for rattling 2nd row seat long before this factory bulletin came out.
I believe this is fixed permanently during assembly on 2016s.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
I believe this is fixed permanently during assembly on 2016s.
maybe....

i saw maybe because i have 2nd row seat track noise now.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by neoshi
maybe....

i saw maybe because i have 2nd row seat track noise now.
Keep me posted. Maybe I need to ride in the rear while my wife drives. From the driver's seat, it definitely sounds like it's in the way back, but it's hard to tell.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Racer

Keep me posted. Maybe I need to ride in the rear while my wife drives. From the driver's seat, it definitely sounds like it's in the way back, but it's hard to tell.
Haha yeah, that's what I did. Here's me lying in the front of the mid row pointing the camera at where the sound is coming from (mid row, left most rail). You can hear all those "taps" with the bigger bumps, which are not really that big, just about anything that makes the suspension bounce.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38twwx3h8z...t2015.mp4?dl=0

Last edited by neoshi; 10-20-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Intermediate

Haha yeah, that's what I did. Here's me lying in the front of the mid row pointing the camera at where the sound is coming from (mid row, left most rail). You can hear all those "taps" with the bigger bumps, which are not really that big, just about anything that makes the suspension bounce.

Err still uploading one sec..
I look forward to the pic. Do you have a 2016?
Old 10-20-2015, 11:57 PM
Racer

I look forward to the pic. Do you have a 2016?
Video uploaded for ya. Yep, 2016 bought in May with 3k miles.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Intermediate

Video uploaded for ya. Yep, 2016 bought in May with 3k miles.
Thanks, that's not the same noise I'm hearing. Mine is more of a hollow sound then a sharp tap. How are you sure it's from something under the seat. Are you able to hold/touch something to make it stop?
Old 10-21-2015, 12:02 AM
Racer

Thanks, that's not the same noise I'm hearing. Mine is more of a hollow sound then a sharp tap. How are you sure it's from something under the seat. Are you able to hold/touch something to make it stop?
It just gets louder the closer I stick my ear to that rail. I wish I could find something to hold/touch to make it stop. I have an odd feeling that the tech who replaced my defective seat leather some 2000 miles ago forgot to put something back together nicely though and something has loosened up enough to make the noise.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Cruisin'

The hollow sound you refer to is likely the suspension noise so many of us have experienced. I've now driven 4 other mdx's while mine was in the shop, including a 2014, 2015 and 2016. All four had the loud hollow thump when the car went over a bump or pot hole. My dealer says its normal for the MDX and can't be fixed. I've come to the conclusion he is correct. It's a horrible design flaw that Acura refuses to even admit is there.....in my case the tech owns an MDX and says he has it as well. I'll be getting rid of mine and suffering the loss....my first and last Acura!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:11 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Calico5888
The hollow sound you refer to is likely the suspension noise so many of us have experienced. I've now driven 4 other mdx's while mine was in the shop, including a 2014, 2015 and 2016. All four had the loud hollow thump when the car went over a bump or pot hole. My dealer says its normal for the MDX and can't be fixed. I've come to the conclusion he is correct. It's a horrible design flaw that Acura refuses to even admit is there.....in my case the tech owns an MDX and says he has it as well. I'll be getting rid of mine and suffering the loss....my first and last Acura!
Yeah it's truly a shame. I bought this car brand new for my wife thinking we'd keep it for 5-7 years, but I'm not sure I'll be able to tolerate that noise, it really bums me out. There's nothing like having a brand new car and even just weeks later sort of imagining a short life with it. I used to hold Honda and Acura in decent regard, but they really are at the bottom of my list, and I'm telling everyone I know including Honda loyalists how bad things are.

Interestingly, Acura does admit a suspension issue of similar description for the 2014+ RLX. On their FAQ, they say:

Why does my 2014-15 RLX make a clunk or rattle sound when going over bumps?
Some Acura RLX owners have reported hearing “Clunking” or “Rattling” noises from the front or rear of their vehicle when traveling over abrupt changes in road surfaces.

Frequently Asked Questions | FAQ | Acura Owners Site, go towards the bottom and watch the video where in the video they explain what causes the noise, which sounds somewhat similar (but appropriately watered down in the video) to the MDX noise. They admit in the video a countermeasure is being researched. I'd feel a tiny bit better if they at least admitted or made a similar statement about the MDX.

Finally, I did get an email from Acura asking me to fill out a survey on my brand new 2016 MDX. I left some very harsh and negative reviews. I did give praise where deserved, but ultimately on the final page I gave the overall car experience a 2 out of 10 based on shoddy assembly and horrible suspension design.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Cruisin'

Brian V

I'll look at the RDX FAQ. If they are really researching a fix maybe, when found, it will apply to the MDX as well. I simply don't trust them however and am guessing the whole issue will not be addressed until the 2017 model change. Acura forums are filled with discussions about this specific issue.....they know it exists but, because it's a design issue as opposed to an equipment problem, it will be expensive to correct until they go through a model change. Until then they will continue to say "it's normal".
Old 10-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Intermediate

I'll look at the RDX FAQ. If they are really researching a fix maybe, when found, it will apply to the MDX as well. I simply don't trust them however and am guessing the whole issue will not be addressed until the 2017 model change. Acura forums are filled with discussions about this specific issue.....they know it exists but, because it's a design issue as opposed to an equipment problem, it will be expensive to correct until they go through a model change. Until then they will continue to say "it's normal".
If the issue is really inside the shock, then it seems reasonable to assume all they need is a new shock and that could be adapted, etc. If we see major changes to the suspension geometry on 2017 models, I'd feel less optimistic.

Even though it's expensive to fix issues, it's important to keep customers happy, and like all manufacturers, since it isn't a safety issue, they won't do a recall. It'll be a TSB and only customers who cite the issue get it addressed. So in that sense, Acura takes care of the customers who are really bothered by it and don't necessarily have to pay for it for every user.

If they fixed this rear suspension noise issue via TSB, and it truly worked in my car, I'd immediately feel 2X better about the car and brand than I do now, and that would probably be enough to shut me up about how bad the car is. I can get past the assembly related woes and not hold the car's design/engineering/technical merits against shoddy Alabama assembly, but this rear suspension is plain unacceptable and that's truly a design/engineering problem.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Intermediate

Small update. I spent a good amount of time driving the MDX this weekend, and I can confirm my hollow suspension noise is almost entirely from the right rear. I can hit a manhole cover on the right side and it pops, and then hit the same manhole cover on the left side and it sounds normal. So I'm thinking there is something not right with some component on that side.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Cruisin'

Smile

Small update. I spent a good amount of time driving the MDX this weekend, and I can confirm my hollow suspension noise is almost entirely from the right rear. I can hit a manhole cover on the right side and it pops, and then hit the same manhole cover on the left side and it sounds normal. So I'm thinking there is something not right with some component on that side.
After reading this post I listened more carefully on a 5 hour trip we made this weekend. I believe you may be correct or my ears were affected by your suggestion. �� It seemed more pronounced from the right side. On another note, has anyone had their MDX looked at by a suspension shop? I've tried one but they were reluctant to take the time because it new and they weren't confident they could help. I've looked while it was on the hoist at Acura but don't have the training to know what to look for. I keep thinking there should be a way to fix it, even if I have to pay the freight.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

After reading this post I listened more carefully on a 5 hour trip we made this weekend. I believe you may be correct or my ears were affected by your suggestion. �� It seemed more pronounced from the right side. On another note, has anyone had their MDX looked at by a suspension shop? I've tried one but they were reluctant to take the time because it new and they weren't confident they could help. I've looked while it was on the hoist at Acura but don't have the training to know what to look for. I keep thinking there should be a way to fix it, even if I have to pay the freight.
I don't really hear it on road trips, the noise isn't really apparent when on the highway or higher speed roads, it's really everything from parking lots, to around town to drive ways to imperfect roads up to about 45-50mph.

I filmed a bunch of scenarios this weekend, and I'll combine them and put a YouTube up to see if anyone else can hear the sound.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Cruisin'

I don't really hear it on road trips, the noise isn't really apparent when on the highway or higher speed roads, it's really everything from parking lots, to around town to drive ways to imperfect roads up to about 45-50mph.

I filmed a bunch of scenarios this weekend, and I'll combine them and put a YouTube up to see if anyone else can hear the sound.
You are correct, it's not a highway noise but occurs on city streets at slower speeds. We were in downtown Omaha on our trip when I tested your theory. For example, I hear it loud and clear backing out of my drive where there is a sharp dip. Like there is a loose piece of lumber lying in the back that bounces. The car actually rides ok......it's just noisey when a bump activates or bottoms out the shocks. That's why I keep thinking a fix should be possible. I'm up to 12,000 miles now and really like everything else about the car but this noise will force a trade unless I can fix it.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Intermediate

I created a new thread as it has a video, and I want to make sure we're all talking about the same thing, check it out here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-.../#post15606432
Old 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EE4Life
Acura has had some issues with parking brake rattle on 2014 and 2015 MDXs when driving on rough roads or going over bumps. This rattle can be mistaken for a rear suspension noise.

During assembly, the cable was being adjusted too loose, causing it to rattle when driving. This problem has since been addressed.

In other instances, they found that the cable was adjusted too tight. This causes the parking brake shoes to lift off the anchor block and rattle while driving. The best way to avoid this rattle is to make sure the parking brake cable is adjusted to spec.

This information comes from Acura Tech2Tech video "Parking Brake Rattle in 2014-2015 MDX" from February 2015.
Interactive Network
Interactive Network
Thanks for this info! I hear the rattling sound from my brakes each time I stop and put on reverse. Will be contacting the dealer!

Sorry to hear a few of you having issues with the suspension hollow popping sounds. I don't seem to have this issue with my MDX. We've owned ML, X5, XC90 in the past and my wife and I both think this is quietest car of the four. Lucky for us no major problems like we had with European cars. This is our first time owning a Japanese car.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Cruisin'

Suspension Noise

I have had my 15 for a year now. The noise is there, no matter how many times Acura gets shocks/struts replaced. No matter how many other owners say they don't have the problem. They do. It simply does not bother them or they just don't pay attention to those noises. Unfortunately, this is not simply fixed by changing a part. It is what it is because the design, parts, etc. just work that way.

By the way, it sounds and feels exactly the same as the current gen Honda Odyssey. It shares a lot of design things with the MDX. And the previous gen MDX, just like the previous gen Odyssey, did not have that problem.

The MDX is a nice looking car, with nice features, power, etc. but the suspension makes it feel and sound like a cheap car. Nothing comparable to an X5, Explorer, Highlander, Q5/Q7 or other comparable, feature-wise, vehicles. (Please don't point the other problems those cars might have. I am only talking about the cheap suspension design/feel)

Quite honestly, the only thing we can hope for is that at least it ends up being durable, because that crappy feel and noise is not going anywhere.

Thanks Acura, and specially thanks to the people who pay this much money and don't expect better quality.

Thanks to the vast majority of clients agreeing with Acura that there is no noise or that it is acceptable, Acura did not fix it.

I have driven more than one, even from owners claiming they don't have that issue. It is the same crap.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by reglian
I have had my 15 for a year now. The noise is there, no matter how many times Acura gets shocks/struts replaced. No matter how many other owners say they don't have the problem. They do. It simply does not bother them or they just don't pay attention to those noises. Unfortunately, this is not simply fixed by changing a part. It is what it is because the design, parts, etc. just work that way.

By the way, it sounds and feels exactly the same as the current gen Honda Odyssey. It shares a lot of design things with the MDX. And the previous gen MDX, just like the previous gen Odyssey, did not have that problem.

The MDX is a nice looking car, with nice features, power, etc. but the suspension makes it feel and sound like a cheap car. Nothing comparable to an X5, Explorer, Highlander, Q5/Q7 or other comparable, feature-wise, vehicles. (Please don't point the other problems those cars might have. I am only talking about the cheap suspension design/feel)

Quite honestly, the only thing we can hope for is that at least it ends up being durable, because that crappy feel and noise is not going anywhere.

Thanks Acura, and specially thanks to the people who pay this much money and don't expect better quality.

Thanks to the vast majority of clients agreeing with Acura that there is no noise or that it is acceptable, Acura did not fix it.

I have driven more than one, even from owners claiming they don't have that issue. It is the same crap.
I honestly believe you 100%, I think others just don't hear it. I am extremely sensitive to noises and can hear things others simply don't or feel is normal? I mean all suspension makes noise so for most people, it's just a normal noise, but as you know, it is NOT NORMAL.

That said, have you actually tried to have struts replaced. I'm about to call the service manager of another Acura dealer and tell them ACR gave me his contact info and see if he wants to tackle this. ACR won't admit there is a problem and said the dealer will solve it. The dealers says there's no problem it's just how the car is designed. I told ACR that and they told me again (in canned response) to have the dealer look at it. So I'm trying another dealer, but ACR is such a joke, they don't even read the actual request. When I stated the dealer says this is normal and it is just a bad design, you should do something. Your own dealer is saying your design is bad, why do you insist I keep going to that dealer and hearing the same story. So I suggested we try another a different dealer, but I don't want to waste my time if I'm going to get the same run around, especially since that dealer is 30+ miles away.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
No matter how many other owners say they don't have the problem. They do. It simply does not bother them or they just don't pay attention to those noises.

I agree, if your purchases don't meet your expectations, you shouldn't settle. That being said, you presume to hear what others hear, you cannot presume to feel what others feel. I drive my car and try to hear what a lot of guys are describing. It's not there. Assuming the majority just doesn't know what they're talking about is nonsense. Once more, I agree, this car is not the quality I expected either. Mine just doesn't have the described suspension noise.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Cruisin'

Clarification

Maybe just a miss understanding, I don't pretend to say what others do or do not feel. I used 'feel' in the sense of hearing or "perceiving" the noises. I say it because many people say," there are no noises", then somebody tell them, "there, did you hear that?", and the answer is, "oh yeah, I just don't pay attention to it".

Basically it is a matter of simply driving another car at supposedly the same level, luxury-wise. Like an Audi Q5 or Q7, Infinify Qx60, VW Toureg, BMW X5. Even my old MDX 09 was solid and felt well built, not crappy and cheap like these new ones. If you focus on how rock solid those other cars feel and then drive the newer MDX, you will hear and feel the difference

Bottom-line, it seems there is a Honda policy to save money on some components, insulation, etc, who knows. But the MDX is not the only one from the Honda Family with this new 'feature' that obviously not everybody hears.

Originally Posted by pickettt
I agree, if your purchases don't meet your expectations, you shouldn't settle. That being said, you presume to hear what others hear, you cannot presume to feel what others feel. I drive my car and try to hear what a lot of guys are describing. It's not there. Assuming the majority just doesn't know what they're talking about is nonsense. Once more, I agree, this car is not the quality I expected either. Mine just doesn't have the described suspension noise.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Cruisin'

Is it the shock design? if so why not...

Why can't we just find an aftermarket "look alike" that doesn't have the sophisticated interior valving/spring design? Is this something a "suspension shop" could do? It would reason that outside of the bolts on the bottom and top, the challenge would be the length of travel.

Seems like we could get behind a crowd-funding project to find a fix to this issue outside of the corporate clowns at Acura. I would certainly pay hundreds to have this fixed to avoid the hit I would take at a trade-in.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:07 PM
2G TLX-S

^^^^^

But if it is not a shock absorber related noise, the aftermarket part will sure void the factory warranty on the vehicle suspension.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Cruisin'

video of suspension issue

If the shock absorber replacement does not make the difference, you just change it back to stock.

I spent a little time making a magnetic mount for my GoPro and created this short I plan on attempting a similar video of my 2006 Honda Pilot over the same road surface. This could be interesting...

Last edited by BlackBart; 12-05-2015 at 05:12 PM. Reason: video showing multiple times
Old 12-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
My wife's 2013 RDX had a similar problem - Her 2016 RDX with the refresh, no longer has this issue.

Hopefully the same fix will occur with the MDX refresh.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:17 PM
3rd Gear

The hollow sound in the rear is definitely there and loud on sharp bumps, I have it as well.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Cruisin'

Maybe just a miss understanding, I don't pretend to say what others do or do not feel. I used 'feel' in the sense of hearing or "perceiving" the noises. I say it because many people say," there are no noises", then somebody tell them, "there, did you hear that?", and the answer is, "oh yeah, I just don't pay attention to it".

Basically it is a matter of simply driving another car at supposedly the same level, luxury-wise. Like an Audi Q5 or Q7, Infinify Qx60, VW Toureg, BMW X5. Even my old MDX 09 was solid and felt well built, not crappy and cheap like these new ones. If you focus on how rock solid those other cars feel and then drive the newer MDX, you will hear and feel the difference

Bottom-line, it seems there is a Honda policy to save money on some components, insulation, etc, who knows. But the MDX is not the only one from the Honda Family with this new 'feature' that obviously not everybody hears.
Yes, the noise is really there and it's loud enough it seems to be impossible to miss. I've driven 6 2015 and 2016 models so far and every one does it. I'd love to find one that does not make the noise as it might provide a clue as to what's causing it. The best description is it sounds like one has a load of lumber back there and it bounces when one hits a bump......that's the noise, loud and difficult to miss. What is interesting is the car rides well. In other words when one hits a bump you don't feel it in your seat as the shocks do their job.....they just make a loud noise when they do it! My service manager says he owns a 2015 like mine and it also makes the noise. In his words "that's just normal for them".

BlackBart raises a good question when he asks about getting a suspension shop to change shocks. I've only tried one and they didn't want to mess with it. I'll try again with a different shop but I see their point. It's a bad design and Honda does a excellent job of avoiding the problem.....arrogance at its worst or best.

I've pointed it out to two of my friends who were going to look at an MDX. Both decided to buy something else.....one an Audi and the other a Jeep. Honda can keep ignoring me but I'll do my small part to push back. There are lots of excellent and better choices out there for a luxury SUV.

Larry
Old 12-17-2015, 01:05 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think a comparison of VIN numbers and production dates might shed some light. My 2015 doesn't make this noise. I've been seeking out potholes and speed bumps trying to force it, and it's not happening. Tomorrow, I will post my production date, maybe we can deduce something for those cars with the trouble noise.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by pickettt
I think a comparison of VIN numbers and production dates might shed some light. My 2015 doesn't make this noise. I've been seeking out potholes and speed bumps trying to force it, and it's not happening. Tomorrow, I will post my production date, maybe we can deduce something for those cars with the trouble noise.
It's certainly worth a try! Btw, I reported the problem to the dealer within days of buying the car. The service manager immediately ordered new rear shocks, without even riding in my car, saying the new shocks should remedy the noise. They didn't but his reaction makes it clear that it's not an uncommon complaint. Further complaints on my part brought the response that it was normal.

Met a lady at the tire shop this past week who had a 2015 RDX. I asked how she liked it and she replied "great but my husband hates the noise it makes when driving over a bump. I just ignore it". Maybe "ignoring it" is the answer. 😊
Old 12-17-2015, 11:19 AM
10th Gear

I've pointed it out to two of my friends who were going to look at an MDX. Both decided to buy something else.....one an Audi and the other a Jeep. Honda can keep ignoring me but I'll do my small part to push back. There are lots of excellent and better choices out there for a luxury SUV.
I hope they lease them - both of those are money pits if kept past warranty! I'm not actually getting the mysterious suspension noise, I hope it stays that way. Even if I do I would take the noise over the problems I read on Audi forums when I was shopping. I didnt look at Jeep forums, owned a Grand Cherokee once, it was a nightmare, never again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ACURA MDX 2015 Suspension Noise