2017 MDX Advance Prices?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 02:40 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 MDX Advance Prices?

Hi All,

I was reading some older threads on pricing of 2017 MDX's and was wondering if anyone recently has had experience with dealers discounting 2017 MDX Advance package models.

Any input would be appreciated! I've been dealing with a few local dealers (DC area) and I think I may have a good deal nailed down, but wanted to see what luck others had.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2016, 07:31 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since you are in the DC area, you should check out Pohanka Acura. They are volume dealer and will give you very solid quote through email.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Racer

We ended up buying from Radley in Falls Church.

I think we got a great deal.

$60,500 out the door after MD taxes/tags/dealer fees and dealer installed accessories.

2017 Fathom Blue/Graystone MDX ADV SH-AWD with Entertainment
-ADV running boards
-splash guards
-roof cross bars
-5000 lb towing package
-rear bumper protector
-door edge guards
-body side molding
-all weather mats
-living hinge cargo tray
Old 11-18-2016, 11:07 AM
3rd Gear

2017 MDX Advanced

I have had several quotes for the 2017 MDX AWD Tech package but no the Advance but I assume they would discount the same. It is available at invoice price, so just do you research for the invoice. If you put a lot of dealer add on's it get's harder to know the true price since they can inflate those items to make more profit. I guess the way to go is negotiate the model with Acura installed options, know that price and they negotiate the add ons.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Racer

I agree. Whenever I buy a car I aim for invoice price or lower. I thought it would be hard to find a dealer to do invoice on the 2017's - all the online quotes I was getting were 2-3k more without the accessories. The Fathom Blue with these packages is also kind of rare in the DMV area.

I like to negotiate an "out the door" price so the dealer stops playing games. There is a lot of back and forth when you actually step in and start the paperwork- PITA!

I always ask up front during the email process for an out the door price, some dealers won't entertain that idea and will throw out a line like "come over and test drive the car and we'll talk numbers then...blah blah"

Good luck with your hunt! I'll send you my sales guy/sales manager's name at Radley if you want to try to see what they'll do for you.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:34 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by umcp
I agree. Whenever I buy a car I aim for invoice price or lower. I thought it would be hard to find a dealer to do invoice on the 2017's - all the online quotes I was getting were 2-3k more without the accessories. The Fathom Blue with these packages is also kind of rare in the DMV area.

I like to negotiate an "out the door" price so the dealer stops playing games. There is a lot of back and forth when you actually step in and start the paperwork- PITA!

I always ask up front during the email process for an out the door price, some dealers won't entertain that idea and will throw out a line like "come over and test drive the car and we'll talk numbers then...blah blah"

Good luck with your hunt! I'll send you my sales guy/sales manager's name at Radley if you want to try to see what they'll do for you.
That sounds like a great price for what you are getting. Anybody know of any dealers in the NYC (Queens/LI) area who would do similar pricing. I would like to add on the 20" Black Alloy Wheels to the package.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
not sure but I look every week on 'truecar' the price just kept going down.. So true car pricing this week for 2017 advance is 52000-52666. And as usual, they really wont come close to that exact price.

the only place i won't go to is Paragon Acura, i bought a car from them 10 years ago and it was hassle free, now its bait and switch there.. They call me with a car to show me on thursday night, by saturday morning it was "sold," and try to sell me something else.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:42 AM
5th Gear

I totally agree with you about Paragon Acura... stayed away from there. After reading thru some forums I headed straight to Acura of Valley Stream.. It was the best experience ever. Hassle free, got to test drive alone and negotiations were a breeze. I looked at 2 trims for the MDX, Advance/Entertainment and Technology. I didn't really need the entertainment system but had to get it if I wanted the 2nd row bench seats instead of the captain chairs in the advance trim. After looking at the differences b/w the tech and advance, the only thing I would be missing out on would be roof rails, fog lights and milano leather. I was able to add the fog lights and roof rails to the tech trim and so it was pretty much a decision on if I wanted the better leather for ~$7000 more. I walked out with the following:

2017 MDX AWD Tech (Black on Black)
- 20 in Black Alloy Wheels
- All weather mats (all rows)
- folding cargo tray
- body side molding
- roof rails
- illuminated door sills
- moonroof visor
- fog lights
- wheel locks

$56500 (includes nyc taxes / dealer fees / tags)

The advanced/entertainment with everything above plus advanced running boards, splash guards, rear bumper protector and door edge guards would have ran me ~$64000 out the door.

Hope this helps.