2016 Nav Screen Contrast and Black Level Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:45 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Nav Screen Contrast and Black Level Problem

So, I change my contrast and black level on the Nav screen. What I will do is to set them such the contrast is high and black level is low so the individual elements of the screen show up better, at least for me. I've been under the assumption that it took and that what I was looking at what the setup I wanted. Waiting in the car for my wife today when I noticed that the contrast was low.

I went through the exercise of setting it back and it was ok until I started the car again. Back to what I think is default. Tried many times, where it would occasionally boot with the correct settings, but more often not, it didn't.

I think I found a work around by pressing the dimmer button, which changes the display from day to night to off. That seems to re-establish the correct settings. I understand this isn't a life or death situation; however, annoying.

Anyone else seeing this or have a solution?
Old 10-30-2015, 07:38 PM
3rd Gear

Bumping my own post. Found another glitch in the infotainment software. I can no longer use the automatic setting for the heated seats. Off and AUTO are both illuminated. It resolved one time, then back to glitch. To the shop next Friday.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

I have a similar issue with my 2014. Adjusted contract and black levels to enhance the visuals on the screen. Often at start up, once the screen cycles through all its processes - it will settle with dull and washed out looking colors. More obvious at night. If I "power cycle" the screen (turning it off for a few seconds) it seems to refresh back to the expected view for my settings.

The dealer half heartedly acknowledges the issue and certainly has no recommended fixes. Very frustrating for a vehicle of this caliper.

Did you have any success with finding resolution on your recent service visit?
Old 11-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I just live with the crappy resolution of the Nav screen. My wife has a '15 RDX and the screen is so clear like watching a HD show. I too am disappointed with Acura decision to use this crappy screen. One of various reasons that it went down in Consumer Reports rankings. Overall, still a good vehicle that could be better. Nothing is perfect! The infotainment and Nav systems are below par from past models. My 09 TL had a great screen and I was very satisfied with the Nav, infotainment system. Goes to show, newer does not mean better.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:20 AM
3rd Gear

My dealer just said "Yeah, we noticed it." I'm going back in on Monday, for this and other reasons. I don't have a problem just taking it back again and again. At his point, Acura won't push me into compromise.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Racer

I also have the same issues on mine regarding the black level settings - anybody get a fix for this?