[FIX] Bluetooth issues with iPhone iOS10

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 AM
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Post [FIX] Bluetooth issues with iPhone iOS10

Long time lurkers here. Ever since upgrading to IOS10 on my iPhone 6s+, the bluetooth in my 2012 TSX has been terrible.
Here are some of the issues I've experienced:
-My iPhone would take forever to connect to my car. I would have to cycle the bluetooth on my phone and then it would finally connect.
-If someone called me, the phone would disconnect mid conversation or when I would pick up the phone the call would not route through my car.
-Phone would randomly disconnect when I was playing music and reconnect 30 seconds later.

I didn't want to take it to the stealership because the same phone worked fine before I upgraded to the new software. I also didn't want to take it to the apple store because they would blame the car or tell me to factory reset my phone.

Last week I finally found a solution to all of the above bluetooth issues and my iPhone has been working great in my TSX.
Here is what you need to do:
-First delete all your old phones from your car's Hands Free Link and perform forget this device on your iPhone for the HandsFreeLink
-On your iPhone go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Call Audio Routing = pick Headset instead of the default Automatic

hope this helps.
The following 3 users liked this post by davids:
julius071 (02-14-2017), justnspace (02-14-2017), xtcnrice (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
thank you, david for helping the community!!
Old 02-26-2017, 06:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So... just wanted to ask... I did all of this, seemed to help for a few days, now back to frequent disconnects. Was this a permanent fix for you? I'm considering replacing the HFL BT module now.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:39 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffthefiremedic
So... just wanted to ask... I did all of this, seemed to help for a few days, now back to frequent disconnects. Was this a permanent fix for you? I'm considering replacing the HFL BT module now.

I can tell you once dealer replaces mine under Carmax warranty. I caught it in the 30 day warranty so once they replace it I can tell you if the frequent disconnects is fixed. I sure hope it is.