RV6 I4 PCD/Downpipe for the K24Z3 08+ Accord and 09+ TSX

Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 491 Likes on 233 Posts
RV6 I4 PCD/Downpipe for the K24Z3 08+ Accord and 09+ TSX

When the K24Z3 was first introduced, many people were disappointed with the integrated exhaust manifold that made conventional “headers” obsolete. This is especially true since the K-Series platform produced some very impressive performance gains with quality headers. When you look at the O.E precat, you can easily tell it was designed to be made cheaply and mass produced. The components are stamped and welded with no consideration for turbulence or restrictions. This, combined with 2 catalytic converters, causes the engine to be literally choked out of a good amount of power.

Introducing the RV6 I4 Precat delete (PCD) for 08+ Accord and 09+ TSX equipped with the K24Z3 engine. The RV6 I4 Precat delete replaces the highly restrictive O.E precat with a free flowing contoured casting and 2.5” tubing. The entire assembly is made of high quality 304 stainless steel and a TIG welded by our master welders.

We are estimating gains around 15WHP+ and 10WTQ+. We are working with Chris the Admin of M8G to do some dyno testing and to put up some solid numbers. Currently, we have had a prototype on the road for around 5 months running hassle free. We will also be offering a test pipe and high flow cat to replace the 2nd cat which will yield even more horse power.

Introductory pricing will be set a $329. We were able to reduce the price by purchasing bends and flex pipes in volume. Unlike the V6 PCDs, we have these castings in stock. Depending on the demand we can start shipping these out in about a month. We have had this project on the backburner for a while now while we worked on our V6 items.

We are now taking preorders for the first batch 15 units. Once we hit 15 units production will start and they will start shipping ~3-4 weeks afterwords depending on the time it takes to get our mandrel bends made.

RV6 has been manufacturing PCDs for the V6 Hondas for around 5 years now. Over that time, we have obtained much experience on how to make PCDs last. PCDs are subjected to high temperatures and constant stresses from the twisting of the engine which are unlike conventional headers that distribute the stresses between several runners all of the stresses are concentrated on one area.

Order your RV6 I4 PCD/Downpipe here

Specs:
- 304 Stainless cast flange sections
- 304 Stainless 2.5” tubing
- TIG welded
- Argon back gassed for pure welds
- Includes all necessary hardware for installation

Applications:

- Honda Accord (I4) 08+
- Acura TSX (I4) 09+

RV6 will warranty the castings a welding for 24 months.
Processing takes an additional 7 to 14 days for ceramic coating.
Intended FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY.

Also available will be the RV6 I4 Test Pipe and High Flow Secondary Cat. The perfect addition to your RV6 I4 PCD. Allowing you to delete or replace your secondary cat with a high flow 200 cell metallic race cat. The secondary cat is directly after PCD/Downpipe. All parts are built with factory flange locations and can be use independent of each other.

Order your RV6 I4 High Flow Secondary Cat here

Order your RV6 I4 Test Pipe here
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
awesome, just ordered the PCD! Still deciding on whether I want the 2nd cat delete....
Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts
OOOH, I want one.

Will the HFC ever be released, or is the PCD with the HFC under the car the best method? I just want to pass emissions and not have the car smell like egg or unburnt fuel.
The following users liked this post:
live2hit01 (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 119 Posts
So did you guys figure out if this will bolt up to the throwdown downpipe? I want to buy this, but I know no one will buy the throwdown pipe so i was hoping this will bolt on!!! Any hope for me?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by optimusaccord
OOOH, I want one.

Will the HFC ever be released, or is the PCD with the HFC under the car the best method? I just want to pass emissions and not have the car smell like egg or unburnt fuel.
what he said
Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Vortex - look in the pic, this replaces the p2r pipe and the cat before it in one piece. Looks way sweeter.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Shit your right....it does...but what am i going to do with the Throwdown downpipe? Spent a couple hundred on it...still in college and dont have money to through around
Old 04-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the benefit of the ceramic coating?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

OOOH, I want one.

There will be no high flow precat. The high flow cat will go in place of the secondary cat. Other than super clean emissions there is no reason to put a cat that close to the engine. The higher heat destroys the cats much faster. We are getting tons of people with 3G TLs coming to us with burnt out OE precats wanting up upgrade.

The PCDs will not give you a CEL, if you dont want the burnt fuel smell keep your stock secondary cat or get the high flow cat.

Originally Posted by VortexBlueTSX
So did you guys figure out if this will bolt up to the throwdown downpipe? I want to buy this, but I know no one will buy the throwdown pipe so i was hoping this will bolt on!!! Any hope for me?
Nope, the throwdown/P2R downpipe is to long. It is more of a test pipe that deletes the factory flex pipe as well.

Shit your right....it does...but what am i going to do with the Throwdown downpipe? Spent a couple hundred on it...still in college and dont have money to through around
Sell it for cheap quick

Originally Posted by zman0125
What is the benefit of the ceramic coating?
Its a thermal barrier that keeps your engine bay cooler and exhaust velocity up. It also keeps a nice shiny finish.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

How much for the high flow secondary cat? I sent my oem one to excelerate, and I have asked for it back several times on this site, phone and email, and I still have not received the unit back.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor

How much for the high flow secondary cat? I sent my oem one to excelerate, and I have asked for it back several times on this site, phone and email, and I still have not received the unit back.
280 + shipping. We have the parts on the shelf and can have one out in 2-3 days.

http://www.rv6-performance.com/index...mart&Itemid=56
Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A noob question, but would it provide better gain than deleting the 2nd cat??

Also, what's the shipping cost be for sending it to Australia?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Damn you guys...I really want this...but no one wants to buy my part
Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 205 Posts
hmm time for some big savings lo
Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 139 Likes on 109 Posts
Damn you guys...I really want this...but no one wants to buy my part
depending on how much you sell your downpipe for i'll be interested
Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
can you explain what the test pipe is?

i heard it increases exhaust noise?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
So if u bought p2r downpipe it hooks up directly to the Cat off the header? But now we have a pipe that deletes the first cat and hooks up to the second cat? Interesting. We now have all the parts to delete all of our cats or get just one high flowing cat. I'm very interested in this!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM
ROTAREDOM

Also, where is the sensor located? I thought the second cat delete didn't throw the cel? So if you delete the first and keep the second your still good with cel?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
Also, where is the sensor located? I thought the second cat delete didn't throw the cel? So if you delete the first and keep the second your still good with cel?
The sensor bung is on the other side of the pipe in the first pic. In the 8 or so months I was testing this pipe, I didn't throw a CEL. This was driving in Chicago summers and winters on 93 octane fuel and 92 when I had to fill up in the boonies one time. I have a '09 AT with the ping flash and resonator removed. No other mods other than the PCD.

The PCD is user customizable. It bolts to the head and deletes the first CAT. It bolts up to the factory 2nd cat. From there you have the option of going with a higher performance high flow cat instead of the factory cat or you can replace the factory cat with the test pipe. This will allow you to have a CAT-less system, pretty much a straight pipe from the engine to the exhaust resonator.

I'll see if I have any more pics of it installed. I've been sitting on them for awhile but didn't want to let the CAT () out of the bag before RV6 released their press release.

Last edited by thunderbt3; 04-18-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ed_423
can you explain what the test pipe is?

i heard it increases exhaust noise?
The test pipe pretty much deletes the 2nd CAT. Exhaust noise will go up with just the PCD. Noise will go up more if you opt for the test pipe.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
so... howd u like it thunder?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15 whp + 10 wtq on a NA I4 engine?.... OMG would you show me the Dyno sheet.?
Not to be an Dick here but unless you are going with serious power like SC kit or Turbo, these down pipe , test pipe , PCD or a nice set of muffler not gonna do you any fucking good,,,,,....So the best and experience advice for all you noob is if you like power, Save up for a force induction kit ,,,, you will end up loving your car, your life , your job and your ladies more. I learn it from the hard way ....I am 40 yrs old and you should listen to me ...hahaha...JFK ...
Another alt way to gain power is start out with a nice set up of suspension : coilover or springs, strut bars, sway bars,control arms, link ends, light weight wheels, and sticky tires.After that take your car to cross track and learn how to race ( or to drive lol ). Big power doesnt ness.all the time in order to win...
Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Intermediate

Danmm I sound like Ceb ^^^
ed_423 (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Note on the factory precat that the opening is smaller than the exhaust port on the engine by the carbon. Also the factory precat is made of stampings that are welded together. On the RV6 PCD, the casting is port matched and since its a casting, the internal shape has been designed for smooth flow.

You can see the welded stampings and the necking down of the opening on the OEM precat better in this pic.

Better picture of the bung and O2 sensor:

Assembly pic with a little clarification of where the high flow cat or test pipe go:

Last edited by thunderbt3; 04-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by thunderbt3:
ed_423 (04-18-2012), gaTorSXtasy (08-13-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KillerG
so... howd u like it thunder?
At the end of testing, RV6 asked for the prototype back so they can build welding fixtures for the production run. I almost didn't want to give it back since I know I would miss the bump in power and the sound. I'll be first in line for a ceramic coated production version along with both the HF CAT and Test Pipe
Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WhiteTsxy
15 whp + 10 wtq on a NA I4 engine?.... OMG would you show me the Dyno sheet.?
Not to be an Dick here but unless you are going with serious power like SC kit or Turbo, these down pipe , test pipe , PCD or a nice set of muffler not gonna do you any fucking good,,,,,....So the best and experience advice for all you noob is if you like power, Save up for a force induction kit ,,,, you will end up loving your car, your life , your job and your ladies more. I learn it from the hard way ....I am 40 yrs old and you should listen to me ...hahaha...JFK ...
Another alt way to gain power is start out with a nice set up of suspension : coilover or springs, strut bars, sway bars,control arms, link ends, light weight wheels, and sticky tires.After that take your car to cross track and learn how to race ( or to drive lol ). Big power doesnt ness.all the time in order to win...
Power increase should be better than the P2R pipe since this removes all the restrictions in the factory precat. Its reasonably priced and should be the first step into getting a SC or Turbo setup. I'm currently waiting for Hondata to get the Flashpro out for the 2nd Gen TSX's so I can pickup the CT-E Supercharger. The casting in the PCD could be adapted so it could be attached to a custom turbo setup. There's plenty of space in the engine bay behind the engine for a turbo...

I got the TSX as daily driver and was looking for a little bit more power out of the I4. The V6 wasn't out yet when I bought my '09 and I didn't want lose the tossability of the I4 if I had the V6. If I was planning on autocrossing or w2w racing, I would've picked up a S2000 or Evo instead.

I used to build and race these in my college days. Purpose built autocrossers.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Intermediate

You are so right about autocross tracks the S2000 and or Evo...but we are talking about the TSX here.... OP look at ur introduction 15 Whp+ 10wtq: where the hell did you come up with that number?... And my point is that a PCD is not a good ideal prior force induction. All is just more noise ( unless the ECU being remap to learn the new header) With 329+shipping + installation come out close to 500 ... And I can feel it as daily drive???i am not agains it,,, but people should think about and becarefull what to put into your car, it's a TSX not a civic....
Old 04-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Intermediate

And let's make it more interesting, if you can show me the dyno sheet of 3 runs (with only PCD mod) like you said " 15 whp+10 wtq" I'll buy your product.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Former Sponsor

You are so right about autocross tracks the S2000 and or Evo...but we are talking about the TSX here.... OP look at ur introduction 15 Whp+ 10wtq: where the hell did you come up with that number?... And my point is that a PCD is not a good ideal prior force induction. All is just more noise ( unless the ECU being remap to learn the new header) With 329+shipping + installation come out close to 500 ... And I can feel it as daily drive???i am not agains it,,, but people should think about and becarefull what to put into your car, it's a TSX not a civic....
Bisi gained 15WHP on with their downpipe on a 2012 Civic Si which has a very similar engine to the TSX. The install is actually super easy compared to the V6s we typically deal with. There is a ton of room behind the engine. The hardest part was getting that damn splash guard/ air splitter thing off. If you can do a oil change and install a intake you can install this mod.

Over on the 3G TL side the PCDs are know as the best bang for buck mod. Seeing 25-30WHP gains on a TL-s is not uncommon. Until there is a ECU tuning option there is no forced induction it is simply impractical to run a standalone. Comptech has S/C units sitting on shelf waiting for a tuning option. Even on Comptechs S/C test TSX the OE precat couldn't keep up and was over heating. The member that owned that car is what turned me on to this project. So if S/C is a option in the future you will need this mod. Can we please keep on topic here. We are working on getting dynos ASAP.

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/bol...r-2012-si.html
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 AM
Former Sponsor

And let's make it more interesting, if you can show me the dyno sheet of 3 runs (with only PCD mod) like you said " 15 whp+10 wtq" I'll buy your product.
You promise? With those conditions we are going with a I4 6MT TSX and a Dynocom dyno.

You are taking my claims out of context.

"We are estimating gains around 15WHP+ and 10WTQ+. We are working with Chris the Admin of M8G to do some dyno testing and to put up some solid numbers."

We work hard at RV6 to bring a quality affordable product to a market for that isn't as main stream as Stis, EVOs and Civics. I don't see why you are discouraging us.
ssjoeboe9 (04-19-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Forget HPs, I want MPGs. I saw a 2-3 MPG increase on my 08 TSX with a test pipe. I see you listed 33 MPGs, but what was your increase.

And for the record, I want my TSX to beat my wife's Fit in MPGs...and I'm not far off.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Op is too busy to care

well, im excited. ill be sitting back patiently in my armchair waiting for the reviews to flow in

sounds like an easy buy, even 10whp would be very noticeable
Old 04-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 267 Posts
Hey Richie! Can you sell just the casting? I don't want to wait for a month to ship. With the casting, I can go and fabricate my own pipe.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by benben01
Hey Richie! Can you sell just the casting? I don't want to wait for a month to ship. With the casting, I can go and fabricate my own pipe.
Haha no! I am going to see about getting 2-3 made up next week. I think the main problem is there isn't any feedback on this.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Man, I bought the Downpipe, and made my own Testpipe (2nd Cat delete) and now you come with this!

How much is shipping to Germany? I wont pass the emission tests, but who cares! LOL
Old 04-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Richie v6
Haha no! I am going to see about getting 2-3 made up next week. I think the main problem is there isn't any feedback on this.
Just PM me to confirm Richie. I will order it ASAP if you can have it ready for next week. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Op is too busy to care

what kind of feedback do you want?!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts
Hondo you were the first person I thought of when I saw the test pipe. RV6 owes you some kind of royalties or something.
Im in the same boat as vortex. Already have the P2R but interested in this piece.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Richie, if you want feedback, it's best to get a few out these out there for the folks, myself included, to provide an objective review. Let me know, I am ready to place an order if you can deliver next week
Old 04-19-2012, 05:14 PM
ROTAREDOM

haha I feel bad for hondo too lol He put in so much effort. It looks exactly like his. Might as well throw this out there, for people wanting to go catless are there any available sensors that give false readings to the ecu so we don't throw CEL??
Richie v6 (04-19-2012)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RV6 I4 PCD/Downpipe for the K24Z3 08+ Accord and 09+ TSX