Thinking about adding 7" DIN Touchscreen

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 83 Posts
Thinking about adding 7" DIN Touchscreen

I have a 2010 TECH package TSX and I am thinking about adding this AVH-4200NEX - 2-DIN Flagship Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display to my car, I think I will have to remove the audio buttons section to put this 7 inch DIN deck.
Has anyone done this to their TSX? Even if you havnt, what are your thoughts about removing the audio button console, will my TSX screen that is already in it be useless?
Any thoughts and comments would helpful...
Old 12-30-2016, 08:36 AM
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
if you remove the audio button console you will likely need to rewire everything to run all of the oem speakers. In addition you will need to to tie in your steering wheel buttons. You are looking at a lot of work to get that touchscreen unit to fit in cleanly.

The tech package also has an ELS amplifier which makes it difficult to run aftermarket speakers and sound the same. I replaced my rear door speakers and the sound higher than the stocks. I did my best to tweak the equalizer but its still not where i would prefer.

With your route, you can run your own amp and avoid that hassle. Best of luck post your progress when you do it.
The following users liked this post:
soupi (01-03-2017)