Aftermarket Android Headunit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket Android Headunit Installation

Like title says, i want to share my new installation here. I am not a technical or mechanic skilled and never did something like that before.

Things you need: Just click on it to see more info about products!

This is my headunit: Joying Universal 7" Quad Core Android

Install fascia

USB extension toconnect aftermarket USB to OEM USB

AUX RCA extension to keep OEM AUX input with aftermarket stereo

Radio Antenne cable

Reverse cam Optional

Dash DVR This is also optional

OBDII to Bluetooth adapter My car does not support this communication unit but an Acura may be? I can pair it with android unit but there is no further action or communication between units. So it is useless and optional

Fulpinned harness (If you need to. This one cames 24 wires and 24 pins so you do not have to add extra pins if you have to. All pins and wires allready presented) Optional

This is the harness that Joying seller also provides and seems very similar to my accord connectors and i am using this right now

Not bought yet but worth to try:

DAB+ FM receiver optional

Dunno about this one but seems working with Joying or original one: supply by Joying seller

Last edited by Pandion; 04-18-2016 at 03:40 PM. Reason: my f..king bad English :)
Old 04-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Intermediate

But i will uninstall it to make some bypasses and wiring check. Also install the original OEM to delete my paired phone from Bluetooth interface!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:11 AM
I like cars.

Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts
Did you get all the steering controls to work?
Old 05-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Intermediate

Not yet but i got my SWI PAC RC5 from ebay
Not enough time yet to try it.

Now i am facing with something else. I am now trying to remove my subwoofer and i just couldn't... Searching for a proper guide for doing this.

Factory amplifier is easy to find. If someone need it i can show the right place with some photo's. I have allready removed it. MNow i have a JBL GTO5355 5 ch amp and wanna install it.

It is true and confirmed by my local Honda garage/dealer. Original factory amp is only working with original head unit. Because it receives at least 2 data signals to process sound then send the sound (cross over) to all speakers, tweeters and sub-woofer. There is no way to get it work with an Aftermarket radio unit.

It is a piece of shit that original amp. Very small and 4 ohm at 2 ch. Unbelievable how it works with 10 speakers... And i still think my original head unit has a good quality sound... At least it was good enough for me.

Now if i can remove my trunk area right side trim to get my sub-woofer out of the car i will be very happy.

I tried but it went wrong. Forced to pop up that plastic cover around the sub. It is broken on the upper corner. A little bit forcing damaged it. I hate that. So i decide to let it stay for a while until find a proper source to explain how to do that. A guide, a tutorial or a service manual would be great. I saw here on this forum a few messages but it is explaining how to remove trunk area driver side trim. I need to remove trunk area passenger side trim where my sub-woofer installed.

My new amp (JBL GTO5355) costs only $100 and came with all cables i need for installation: 4 RCA cables to speakers / 1 to sub-woofer / 1x battery --> this one with fuse! / one remote turn on / one ground. All cables are 5m in length.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Intermediate

An update

Finally could remove the factory subwoofer. It is a small sized sub. Installation size is 10 inch but this is the size of the install ring around the sub. Subwoofer itself is 8 or maybe like 9 inch. There is no information on it except made in Japan and 2 ohm
So no clue about capacity or model.
This is kind a annoying. Because the install size is 10 inch and the real sub is smaller. It is installed in a plastic box/housing which is just big enough for the oem sub. So if you want to replace it with another sub you have a big problem too. A replacement will be a 10 inch and it will be definitely bigger than the fabric sub. So you cannot install it unless if you make your own custom housing for the new sub.

I have to replace the speakers too but only 4 speakers are in my project. So goodbye to the old 10 speakers system.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Fiberglass enclosure is going to be your only option. There are a few members that sell there molds in the classified section of this forum...It would be significantly cheaper than having someone fabricate one for you.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Intermediate

Yes, good to mention it. Thanks for that.
I am already done with an enclosure. I have just reformed the original plastic box. Not tried yet but if it fails I can still try to build a custom fiberglass enclosure.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 PM
I like cars.

Why not get one of these? They are becoming extremely powerful these days.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:48 AM
Intermediate

Yes that could be. But i have a budget for this project: €500 and now i am like 500 ~ 550
So i will spend no more and keep what i have.. A bit improvisation and customization is my thing.

Here is my new amp: JBL GTO 5355
Here is my new speakers: 2 x JBL GTO6508C
This is my new subwoofer: Clarion SRM2591 250 watt ram 500 watt max

This set came with all cables i need to install. Bought for €135 on secondhand market
For this price, just could not let it go.
Now i have my amp, 2 speakers and a sub with all cables..

Last edited by Pandion; 05-11-2016 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Intermediate

I would like to hook up my tweeters and center speaker too but i do not know how can i do this with a 5 ch.amp.
Also looking for amplifier's wiring diagram..
Old 05-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Pro

You probably won't be able to hook up your center given your components listed. Hook it up without and listen to it. You may decide that it's more of a hassle than it's worth. It's hard to achieve hi fidelity with a center channel anyways.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bchester6
You probably won't be able to hook up your center given your components listed. Hook it up without and listen to it. You may decide that it's more of a hassle than it's worth. It's hard to achieve hi fidelity with a center channel anyways.
I did a little bit research about that. You are probably right about that.

But i still wanna try to hook up my amp outputs to original amp output harnes. I found a few different wiring diagrams. If it works i dont have to install meters of wires / cables. But If it fails... I can still install new cables.

My big problem is... Time...
I have a Job and 3 kids. Busy all the time and only 1-2 hours each week free.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:23 PM
Pro

How many wires per speaker in output harness? IF there are 3 then you will have to re-wire it all.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bchester6
How many wires per speaker in output harness? IF there are 3 then you will have to re-wire it all.
Per speaker 2:
+ / -
But at some diagrams also mentioned "shield" wires. Like "shield for pin 6, 7 and 8" i dont know what it is.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Pro

You are going to have to rewire or use a ground loop isolator to get the buzz out. Rewire is a better option in my opinion...
Old 05-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Intermediate

Realy annoying this. There are such wires and colors. In European forums (for EU models) unfortunately cannot find a proper source for wiring schematics/diagrams or color codes. Some universal color codes for wiring like yellow/battery, Black/Ground, Red/ACC.... even those are not used in my car. Also same adresses leading by different colors of cables. Like rear Right on the 24pin connector purple but somehwere between amp and audio unit it is splicing and gets another colors, then to amp then out again and guess what, again another color.. It makes so difficult to studying the wiring route. I have a multimeter to test resistance and continuity but it is useless if you do not know which cable is leading to where... It begins green but ends in another color when the circuit ends.. Horrible. I can better rewire all my main speakers. 2xFront, 2xrear and sub.. And let the rest useless.. 4xTweaters and center speaker.

Last edited by Pandion; 05-15-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:40 PM
Pro

With the OEM setup everything is an "active" configuration so your better off redoing it all as you have to install passive crossovers, etc... When I did mine I left the existing speaker wire and tapped into it. Not good. The factory wire couldn't keep up with power being pushed through it and my components were underperforming. This was especially true of the tweeters as they would wash out in dynamic parts of songs. I know it sounds like more work but the pay off is that you will only have to do it 1 time for the life of the vehicle. Good luck and rock on.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:26 AM
Intermediate

Steering wheel buttons adaptation

Guys, Just discovered...

You do NOT need any adapter to retaining steering wheel buttons to get work with Joying Unit!

Directly from 24pin to Joying Harness and then on the Joying Unit go to settings for St.wheel control settings. Now you can set your main buttons :

Volume up/down
Channel or track Next/back
Mode

So you don't need to buy an adapter for those. PAC-SWC, AXXESS or another one.

But for Bluetooth buttons? I Am still working on it.

I will upload a video for that.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:51 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pandion
Guys, Just discovered...
I will upload a video for that.
https://youtu.be/t25F8CNAKu8
Old 05-17-2016, 07:26 AM
I like cars.

This was already discovered.
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-...ne-get-943868/
Old 05-17-2016, 07:46 AM
I like cars.

Key 1 wire goes to volume buttons and key 2 goes to Bluetooth button wire at the Bluetooth control harness. Purple wire.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for reply friend, i miss that other topic and didn't know you guys already discovered about canbus adapter issue. This explains a lot. Seller told me also that. He told me also a lot of Russian, Ukrainian and some east European customers bought this unit and they could use it without an adapter and pair with the all buttons. He could not explain it how to do...but he knew.

So you got already paired your Bluetooth buttons too? I am now trying to wiring all my speakers and routing them to amp. It is a hell of work. Getting those cables to the doors.. took more than 2 hours just done with first door Like i said, i am not a technic skilled person and never did things like that...
Old 05-17-2016, 10:17 AM
I like cars.

Yes my Bluetooth and radio controls both work without that canbus adaptor. I love android radios
Here is the info to find the Bluetooth wire.
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-...ntrols-938632/
Old 06-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Intermediate

Bluetooth buttons with aftermarket android (joying)

Like i said on my video, it is the light blue wire. Just extended the cable from android (key 2) to this light blue cable on the Bluetooth HFT unit (under the glovebox/passengerside). Not sure about pin number.
All steeringwheel buttons are now redirected, remapped and working.

I am almost done. 3speakers, 2 tweeters, subwoofer, amplifier, USB DVR, reverse Cam all working. Tried a cheap USB HUB to connect USB DVR and USB stick connection. It is working too. So You can use a USB HUB for multiple USB ports. Now UMTS 3G stick coming next and DAB+ too. These all2gether will make it very welldone.

Only 1 speaker left. Rear left speaker still waiting due to no free-time. Also microfon not working. I will upgrade my unit too. Using a year old firmware. Maybe try custom Malysk ROM or the latest Joying kitkat upgrade

My new install is really much much better then original Premium Sound System. It sounds very loud and clear. I will make another video when i am done.