2012 TSX Wagon with Tech-Nav, SOFTWARE UPDATE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:02 PM
jvi
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 TSX Wagon with Tech-Nav, SOFTWARE UPDATE?

Hello... What's the latest software available for a 2012 TSX with tech/nav? Currently running original software and maps.
I'm mainly interested in updates to audio/visual capability... i.e. the dreaded ipod scroll of death, lack of artwork, etc. amazing what just 4 years of technology advances can bring.

if no factory updates are available... i'm curious what others might have found in third party updates.

thanks.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:09 PM
jvi
3rd Gear

I should add... at this point, not really interested in replacing the whole HU... hoping there is some update out there that'll bring the 2012 s/w better a/v capability.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by jvi
Hello... What's the latest software available for a 2012 TSX with tech/nav? Currently running original software and maps.
I'm mainly interested in updates to audio/visual capability... i.e. the dreaded ipod scroll of death, lack of artwork, etc. amazing what just 4 years of technology advances can bring.

if no factory updates are available... i'm curious what others might have found in third party updates.

thanks.
You are asking a totally new user interface from Acura which I highly doubt they'll do with our TSX navi software update. You are better with a new head unit.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:47 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Yeah there's no way they will change the UI of their navigation software for a discontinued car. Only thing we get is annual update of map coverage, which costs about $100 or so.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:50 AM
jvi
3rd Gear

Figured that'd be the case as far as s/w updates from Acura...
What is the latest s/w update from Acura for a 2012 TSX with tech/nav. (or where do I find/get it) (I've read elsewhere that Acura may have released newer updates, not for UI changes specifically but for performance.)

Has anyone heard of third-party attempts to update just the s/w package (not the HU).

If replacing HU is the only/best way to get better a/v performance, I'll dig around other older posts in the forum for more HU ideas.
Has anyone here had any great experience with a specific HU replacement for a 2012 TSX with tech/nav and factory upgraded audio?

thanks.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:34 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Originally Posted by jvi
Figured that'd be the case as far as s/w updates from Acura...
What is the latest s/w update from Acura for a 2012 TSX with tech/nav. (or where do I find/get it) (I've read elsewhere that Acura may have released newer updates, not for UI changes specifically but for performance.)
The Official Acura Map Update Site | Home | HERE

Originally Posted by jvi
Has anyone heard of third-party attempts to update just the s/w package (not the HU).
Not that I know of.

Last edited by xtcnrice; 01-05-2017 at 09:44 AM.