2011 bluetooth and iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
2011 bluetooth and iPhone

Hi,

I have a 2011 Base TSX and an iPhone 6S. Do you guys know if there is any kind of software update for the BT unit. It seems as the iPhone gets updated with new IOS releases, it becomes less and less willing to work thru the BT. The phone always pairs up with the car, but if I make a call, it goes to the handset. If I shut off BT on the phone and turn it back on, then it works thru the BT. Other apps like Waze, etc. always work. It is only phone calls.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:38 AM
Banned

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by fxcarden
Hi,

I have a 2011 Base TSX and an iPhone 6S. Do you guys know if there is any kind of software update for the BT unit. It seems as the iPhone gets updated with new IOS releases, it becomes less and less willing to work thru the BT. The phone always pairs up with the car, but if I make a call, it goes to the handset. If I shut off BT on the phone and turn it back on, then it works thru the BT. Other apps like Waze, etc. always work. It is only phone calls.

Thanks.
No update available. Learn to live with it or upgrade the stereo. Make your phone call via voice command and it will go straight to BT. It's a PITA unless your contacts are already stored in the address book or you have to make the call by saying "dial # XXX-XXX" and hope it understands the numbers you said. But WHO? remembers phone numbers now a days...
Old 03-15-2017, 11:17 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had exact same issue on my 2010 base. Replaced the bt module once with used off eBay (dealer wanted $1250 for part). Worked for a while but same issue came back. Ended up buying new head unit with apple CarPlay. Sony XAV-AX100. Most aftermarket head units anymore look to flashy and cheap, Sony was pretty plain and stockish looking.