Wheel movement in front wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Wheel movement in front wheels.

Hello everyone, I have a 2003 Acura TL type s. I've been noticing a sqeeak from the front driver's seat wheel. It seems so only happen when I hit a bump. Like a speed bump, pot hole, pulling into a drive way etc. The it also a clunking noise when I put my car in reverse, let it roll and hit the brakes quickly. Took a video and both wheels move back and forth in the wheel well. More prominent on the driver's side. It looks like the strut rod bushings are bad. They look like the have a little too much movement. Also the movement it has machetes with the noise. However I would like to have a second opinion from you guys. Also When I'm driving my car I feel like it wants to pull from side to side. Just did the wheel bearing and hub on the passenger side. It seemed to have really tighnend up my steering and it's a lot quieter. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Old 02-16-2017, 06:41 AM
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 74 Posts
Sounds to me like it's time for some new radius rod (strut rod) bushings or to at least first check if the nuts on the ends of the rods are not loose.

You may also want to inspect the driver's side wheel bearing. If the passenger side went out due to higher mileage, chances are that the driver's side is not too far behind.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
ck upper and lower control arm bushings, common wearout part. Makes thunks and squeaks over speed-bumps