Ignition sticking..!!!!help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ignition sticking..!!!!help!!

Today I stopped at a store and tried taking my key out of my ignition and it got stuck And i had to wiggle the key a little bit to get it out. I heard that a little graphite from a pencil will lube up the tumblers so it won't stick no more. Does anybody had any issues with that before. And if so does anyone have a good solution to this. Does anybody know if the graphite works.???
Old 03-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
graphite will greatly assist in freeing up a dry lock cylinder of almost any type, if indeed, dryness is the issue. a product called LOCK-EASE, a "graphited lock fluid, i purchased at Home Depot, " enters as a rapid penetrant, coating the locking mechanism, tumblers etc. the special (carrier) soon evaporates, leaving a GRAPHITED, long - wearing film that won't run or gum at extreme temperatures". this product is manufactured by AGS Company, Muskagon, Mi., USA 49443. one 3.4 fluid oz. plastic bottle has lasted many years, and i use it regularly.( a little goes a long way)
a normal lock only requires a very small amount to lubricate the lock thoroughly. shooting "hard" graphite, as from scraping it off of a pencil, would work in the short term but is not kind to the lock mechanism and "hard" graphite has a tendency to accumulate in the mechanism and gum it up causing additional sticking issues later.
The following users liked this post:
Acura_9771 (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got some hillman powered graphite lubricant. I put some in earlier 2day and I feel da difference. It like butter now...thank for the advice. I spent 3$ better then like 300 $ from a mobile lock Smith....