JDM Inspire Spoiler Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 08:08 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone, I know this is an old post but I came across one of these spoilers at the wreckers for 100 bucks and I need to the wiring diagram for the spoiler, signal lights and backup camera.

If someone can email me the installation PDF's to sheraz_hakeek@Hotmail.com I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Sherazta
Old 02-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello everyone,

Can someone please email me also the 2003 TLS A-Spec Spoiler pdf installer details please to: explorertml@gmx.com

" I also done the upgrade from the stock 2003 TLS spoiler with the single brake light in the middle to the JDM A-Spec Type with the Signals on both left and right tips and the middle brake light"

I also have to replace the green left and right signal lights out currently there are two green lights that barely light up on this JDM A-Spec spoiler and in the near future i like to swap both of these current green lights out to a brighter 12Volt good all depending on the size in the cavity of the signal light lips...

Thanks Again, In Advance...
Explorer
The following users liked this post:
therealjgall (03-02-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Here you go.

JDM Spoiler INstall PDF translated

If you don't have the template, or want to drill the middle hole into your truck you dont have to. Just take a dremel or cutoff wheel and cut the bolt on the spoiler flush and use some 3m tape instead, the side bolts are the same as the US spoiler. The green lights are actually, LEDs on a circuti board, to replace you need to desolder all of them and resolder in leds of your choice. Red would be the only legal kind. I wired them to the park lights so they were always on with the lights on. If you have the reverse camera you can wire it to just a single rca plug and power it from the 12v source on the reverse lights in the truck.

Last edited by c0v3rr1d3; 02-26-2017 at 05:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by c0v3rr1d3:
Explorer (02-27-2017), therealjgall (03-02-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 07:33 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by c0v3rr1d3
Here you go.

JDM Spoiler INstall PDF translated

If you don't have the template, or want to drill the middle hole into your truck you dont have to. Just take a dremel or cutoff wheel and cut the bolt on the spoiler flush and use some 3m tape instead, the side bolts are the same as the US spoiler. The green lights are actually, LEDs on a circuti board, to replace you need to desolder all of them and resolder in leds of your choice. Red would be the only legal kind. I wired them to the park lights so they were always on with the lights on. If you have the reverse camera you can wire it to just a single rca plug and power it from the 12v source on the reverse lights in the truck.
Hello c0v3rr1d3,

c0v3rr1d3 thank you very much, for the information and pdf you put up for me/us...

c0v3rr1d3 I did get the JDM Spoiler mounted and wired all went very well and it was pretty simple " I drilled out both of the centre mount access holes on the trunk it went very smooth the left and right holes needed to be cleaned out and opened about 4mm and that also went smooth I resealed the holes with primer and touch up paint and let it cure/24 hours and I installed 6 tiny 7 mm rubber rubber O rings to protect the 2 centre hole area and the 2X4 left and right side holes within the trunk where the 6 fasting bolts go through to tie down the spoiler to the trunk for added rust protection.

The brake light is complete and fully functional and really nice and bright red, but the left and right signal lights/leds are green and not so bright the signal lights will need more time and work in the very near future I will have to get the left and right wiring upgraded to a 3 wire from the current 2 wire so the left and right signal lights will function and the 3rd wire for running night lights where I will tap into the red wire to support both of these functions for signal and night lighting...

I will like to get a 3 or 4 bright red led 12volt strip from eBay in the very near future and get rid of the current green leds that are currently installed in this spoiler and reset/divet the left and right signal light covers where i set upright the new led strip at both the left and right and seal and epoxy with at least 3 to 4 led strip.

Question c0v3rr1d3??? is it easy to pop off these signal light covers or lenses??? is that done by opening and pushing inward the clip or is that done by the outside of the spoiler slowly going around with a tiny screw driver to open both of the signal light access ports so i can get in there to clean up and upgrade the led lights and tap into the red wire to give me the required 3 wire for these signal lights to function as 2 functions " signal and night lighting "

c0v3rr1d3 what do you suggest, i dont want to break anything if you know the fastest and best way to open these signal light caps/lenses please let me know...

Thanks Again, c0v3rr1d3 for the pdf file and all your great information

Explorer

Pictures of Spoiler for your Interests below, c0v3rr1d3

The spoiler has been repainted with a thick silver base and 4 coats of clear and fully cured/dried and mounted on the trunk professional by me
Attached Thumbnails JDM Inspire Spoiler Installation-s_01.jpg   JDM Inspire Spoiler Installation-s_02.jpg   JDM Inspire Spoiler Installation-s_03.jpg   JDM Inspire Spoiler Installation-s_04.jpg  

Last edited by Explorer; 02-27-2017 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Added Updated Info for c0v3rr1d3
Old 02-27-2017, 08:16 AM
Intermediate

Hello c0v3rr1d3,

What is the best way to get these signal light covers/lenses off without breaking anything and making a mess out of this very fine JDM Spoiler upgrade project?

Pictures below of covers/lenses that i like to pop open or to get access to the port so i can rewire and change out the led lights to a 3 to 4 led waterproof strip

What do you suggest, Hello c0v3rr1d3,?

Regards,
Ex
Attached Thumbnails JDM Inspire Spoiler Installation-left-s-led.png   JDM Inspire Spoiler Installation-right-s-led.png  
Old 02-28-2017, 07:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
there held in the spoiler by a metal clip, but after being in there for over 15 years it usually rusts a little so it makes it tougher to get out. First try to pry it out from the access hole underneath each light in the spoiler. Else before you paint it take the lights out by using either plastic interior trim tools to pry it out by the sides, or at worst a screwdriver. Then paint the spoiler prior to re-installing the lights.

I will write up about how to mod those lights with pics, tonight for you.
The following users liked this post:
Explorer (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by c0v3rr1d3
there held in the spoiler by a metal clip, but after being in there for over 15 years it usually rusts a little so it makes it tougher to get out. First try to pry it out from the access hole underneath each light in the spoiler. Else before you paint it take the lights out by using either plastic interior trim tools to pry it out by the sides, or at worst a screwdriver. Then paint the spoiler prior to re-installing the lights.

I will write up about how to mod those lights with pics, tonight for you.
Thanks Again, c0v3rr1d3

c0v3rr1d3, how does that metal clip you touched based on operate is it a push in and snap type of application from the top forced into the light housing/pot or is it a figure 8 type of push-in type of lock type?

Thanks Again, c0v3rr1d3 for your time and great detailed information regarding this Spoiler Upgrade

Ex.

Provided Picture Below of bottom access point for you:
Attached Thumbnails JDM Inspire Spoiler Installation-capture.png