Largus coilover

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 04:02 PM
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Largus coilover

I've just recently purchased the Largus coilovers NEW and installed them this past weekend. After the install i drove it around and noticed that the rear shocks/top hats sounds like they're loose. When ever the shock travels even on a semi smooth pavement is clunks a little(more noticeable over bumpy pavement). I've double checked all the nuts and bolts & everything is tighten down snug but the clunking sound is driving me crazy. Even now it still eludes me. The car doesn't drive around like it has blown rear struts either.

This is not my first time ever installing coilovers but it is my first time with an RL. I've just never dealt with 2 pc rear end before.

any info i would be greatly apprecaited.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:48 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
any pics of the rear set up
Old 05-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
I had the same issue and it was fixed by tightening the bolt under the dampening knob.

Try this:

Different coilovers, but same set up.
The following users liked this post:
oo7spy (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 10:29 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by JDMCRX
any pics of the rear set up

That's the rear setup. 2pc setup
kcjohnnyboy (05-26-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 10:29 PM
5th Gear

I tried that thinking it was the same. No luck bro.
Originally Posted by RL_Coastin
I had the same issue and it was fixed by tightening the bolt under the dampening knob.

Try this:
DIY: Megan Racing Coilover Noise Fix 2 - YouTube

Different coilovers, but same set up.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:45 AM
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts
I had this same problem. If you are sure the struts are tight, double check that the nut that holds the threading is tight (I dont know how but mine came lose). Another problem I had was the stabalizer. Remember the Largus is made for the Legend and the suspension is not exactly the same. Mine didn't fit and I took it off after I heard it clanking around.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:33 AM
5th Gear

That's funny we have the same issue. I know my end links are good because there's no play(free handing them). Mang I'll be pretty disappointed if they were blown right out the box. My worn out OEM didn't even clank. They rode smooth but we're kind of bouncy at the same time.
Originally Posted by ChocBoyWonder
I had this same problem. If you are sure the struts are tight, double check that the nut that holds the threading is tight (I dont know how but mine came lose). Another problem I had was the stabalizer. Remember the Largus is made for the Legend and the suspension is not exactly the same. Mine didn't fit and I took it off after I heard it clanking around.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Verak Top
That's funny we have the same issue. I know my end links are good because there's no play(free handing them). Mang I'll be pretty disappointed if they were blown right out the box. My worn out OEM didn't even clank. They rode smooth but we're kind of bouncy at the same time.
My issue has been resolved. what I mentioned in my previous post is what my issue was. This coil is the best bang for buck. I hope you get it sorted.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:36 AM
5th Gear

I appreciate it and I hope I get this resolved. Bump for any more info from the sr's member.
Originally Posted by ChocBoyWonder
highloyo (05-25-2021)
Old 05-26-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Try swapping the stock suspension back in and see if it goes away.

Maybe your rear balljoints are toast?
Old 05-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
i'll make sure to keep this in mind before i install my coilovers as well
Old 05-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Have you tried having someone help you replicate the noise while you try to track it down? Try jumping on the rear door sills and see if you can hear the noise.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just recently purchased the Largus coilovers NEW and installed them this past weekend. After the install i drove it around and noticed that the rear shocks/top hats sounds like they're loose. When ever the shock travels even on a semi smooth pavement is clunks a little(more noticeable over bumpy pavement). I've double checked all the nuts and bolts & everything is tighten down snug but the clunking sound is driving me crazy. Even now it still eludes me. The car doesn't drive around like it has blown rear struts either.

This is not my first time ever installing coilovers but it is my first time with an RL. I've just never dealt with 2 pc rear end before.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
How did you even...

I've never seen a post with no text. That usually gets filtered.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Originally Posted by oo7spy
How did you even...

I've never seen a post with no text. That usually gets filtered.
same..
very impressive...
Old 05-21-2021, 10:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

where did you purchase the largus coil overs? Is your RL USDM? I heard the USDM RL and the Honda legend have different suspension? Any truth?
Old 05-26-2021, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I would check all the bolts on the full bodies prior to install. I checked all mine and tighten all the bolts to make sure. I installed mine with no issues, but I don't drive it around much. No problems for me so far. It was hard to adjust the rear leaf springs with them installed onto the car. I literally had to use a hammer and driver to get the tightening links to maneuver.