05 rl suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 rl suspension

I think previous owner cut springs on this car, haven't fully inspected but hits hard and has a rattle like the shock mounts have play. I don't have a shop anymore or I would've dug more into it. I just can't believe someone would cut springs on this car like its a civic or some other cheap pos.

Anyways I was looking for a new suspension and holy Jesus there's very few options, actually only one that looks to fit my plans and that's the D2 RS, anyone know of any other kits to lower the RL? I haven't dropped a car since I was a teen with an integra and that had so many options
Old 01-14-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
D2s
Largus
BC Racing
​​​​​​​Tein
Old 01-14-2017, 01:30 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by teh CL
D2s
Largus
BC Racing
Tein
​​​​​​​I did see tein, they just seem over kill for what I want, I just want it to sit pretty not hit the track. So what would you prefer, and thanx for reply
Old 01-14-2017, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megan Racing Coilovers

Originally Posted by JohnDillinger
I think previous owner cut springs on this car, haven't fully inspected but hits hard and has a rattle like the shock mounts have play. I don't have a shop anymore or I would've dug more into it. I just can't believe someone would cut springs on this car like its a civic or some other cheap pos.

Anyways I was looking for a new suspension and holy Jesus there's very few options, actually only one that looks to fit my plans and that's the D2 RS, anyone know of any other kits to lower the RL? I haven't dropped a car since I was a teen with an integra and that had so many options
NAH, get the megan racing coilovers offered on their sight. Easy to install and cheap and work decently. They lowered my RL beautifully. And are holding up great so far. The only back draw is our car is so heavy its hard to find stiffer springs unless their custom made by swift. The spring rate is a tad to.soft for what i want but perfect for daily driving. The install was simple, the hardest part was taking out the front if your not familiar with how to drop it. And youll need a jack or pole stand. Dont do it unless you have a lift. Also the headlight adjustment has to be fabricated to fit the new shocks on the rear. I just removed it.

i used to have the D2 on my integra (Funny enough before my RL i also had an in integra i heavily modified ) and i hated them. So i didnt want to run them on my RL. Also i have the legend badge on my RL and that alone made the car admired alot more by people
Old 01-15-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDillinger
​​​​​​​I did see tein, they just seem over kill for what I want, I just want it to sit pretty not hit the track. So what would you prefer, and thanx for reply

For the money I'd go with Largus. They're the cheapest (I believe) & they'll give you exactly what you want. You can find them on ebay.

If you want to spend a little more, go BC Racing. That's the route I'm potentially going this summer after one of my D2's blew just after a year

Originally Posted by Brian O'Connor
NAH, get the megan racing coilovers offered on their sight. Easy to install and cheap and work decently. They lowered my RL beautifully. And are holding up great so far. The only back draw is our car is so heavy its hard to find stiffer springs unless their custom made by swift. The spring rate is a tad to.soft for what i want but perfect for daily driving. The install was simple, the hardest part was taking out the front if your not familiar with how to drop it. And youll need a jack or pole stand. Dont do it unless you have a lift. Also the headlight adjustment has to be fabricated to fit the new shocks on the rear. I just removed it.

Having a lift is 1000% more convenient, there's no doubt but the install is easily done on jack stands.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian O'Connor;15936367}
Dont do it unless you have a lift.
I've changed struts with nothing more than a floor jack and jack stands. Easier with a lift? Yes, much easier. Absolutely need one? Not really...
Old 01-15-2017, 11:27 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by projektvertx
I've changed struts with nothing more than a floor jack and jack stands. Easier with a lift? Yes, much easier. Absolutely need one? Not really...
i am having a shop do it, they only do suspension work. I trust them to do the work but I trust no one to troubleshoot. The car sits low, hits hard and sounds like a plates rattling like the shock extends passed.

i really didn't want to mess with coil overs but looks like my only option. This my everyday driver not my race car, all tho I did want to get my hands on another motor to turbo charge

Thanks for heads up on shtty D2, I almost bought em. I'm going to look at all suggestions, don't have to be cheap I just didn't want something I'd have to keep fn with, like coil overs. Thanx a lot
Old 01-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
How come no one mentioned H&R or ASpec springs? Use them with stock struts for 1.5" or 0.75" drops respectively.
The following users liked this post:
nickelrw87 (02-04-2018)
Old 05-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Brian O'Connor

i used to have the D2 on my integra (Funny enough before my RL i also had an in integra i heavily modified ) and i hated them. So i didnt want to run them on my RL. Also i have the legend badge on my RL and that alone made the car admired alot more by people
I went with your choice since you seem to be the only one with experience, now how's the camber work on these cars? Do I need kit and what would you prefer? I'm doing whole suspension, just ordered hart cross drilled, upper and lower control arms Megan coil overs, Front axels as well

Last edited by JohnDillinger; 05-12-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Front axels as well