Text messages vs email

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Text messages vs email

Hi there,
I have my iPhone 6 linked to the car and set up messages to go to the car. Each time I get a text message the car thinks it's an email and wont read it.

Is this typical for text messages? I dont care about email and would not want to read them but text messages, would like the system to at least read them to me. I know I can use Siri, but it's annoying to have the system ask me if I want it to read me the message and then turn around and say it can't do it while I'm driving (why ask me then?!).

Please let me know if I'm missing anything, thanks.

Lessa
Old 03-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
I don't know about iPhone, but my Lumia can read messages to me and even lets me respond by speaking. You may need to tweak the settings on your phone. In my setup, it's strictly a function of the phone. I have text messaging turned off in the hands free link Acura setup.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:20 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Lessa
Hi there,
I have my iPhone 6 linked to the car and set up messages to go to the car. Each time I get a text message the car thinks it's an email and wont read it.

Is this typical for text messages? I dont care about email and would not want to read them but text messages, would like the system to at least read them to me. I know I can use Siri, but it's annoying to have the system ask me if I want it to read me the message and then turn around and say it can't do it while I'm driving (why ask me then?!).

Please let me know if I'm missing anything, thanks.

Lessa
I've found that a second press on the button, after it says that it can't read the message while moving reads the message while moving.

The problem often is how the well the phone sticks to standards and we know that Apple doesn't stick to any standards.