Serious help needed!

Old 02-26-2017, 12:38 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
Emanage blue has worked and would be much cheaper. The tuning options are far less than a standalone tho. I have 2 or 3 HBP maps that different guys have emailed me I could send you. You could tune at the same place Marcel did. Wasn't he in Florida too?
Old 02-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,389 Posts
Originally Posted by 2ndgentl
You are absolutely right Zeta, but honestly I think I just need to tune it on the AEM EMS to get a proper tune. I talked to Kings Performance again last week and we had a long talk and It's going to end up costing close to $3,000 when it's all said and done.
Wow, how did the price climb close to $3k? Or is that inclusive of your new engine purchase.

I just can't see spending that kind of money for an additional 70 +\- whp. If I had a Ferrari it would cost less to tune it. And then there's always that chance that it might blow again, there are no guarantees. I might just buy the standalone and see if there are any local people around here, which I know there should be, that can tune it. I don't know, I just want to have a dependable car putting out around 350 whp. Once I install the new engine I think I'm going to keep the supercharger off until I figure out this whole tuning thing. I need to do a lot more research and talk to all the local tuners
Remember, the reason why the 'Custom' Dezod AEM EMS unit is so pricey is because the 'wizards' there have, for the lack of a better word, 'hacked' the unit to MAKE it work specifically for the CL-S 6-speed and all its factory sensors. It is a custom, made to order unit, along with the provided custom pinned harness'. There website states; 'System is fully enabled and unlocked', and that it is a 'Modified V2 AEM EMS box' to list just a few.That's why they can charge a premium, unfortunately.

Therefore, if you choose to order the unit separately for $1900 and then seek out an alternative tuner, in your local area, and proceed when you have found one that is capable of tuning Acura/Honda's, then maybe that is the slower path you should follow. To say the least, it will get you out there locally to ask questions and will be a constructive self-learning adventure, that's a good thing. It will allow you to 'size up' the prospective 'tuners' that you encounter, as to whether they know WTF they are talking about, if they are someone you want to do business with/trust your car with etc.

Finally, I don't want to be anymore of a 'kill joy' than possible; however, IMHO, I don't think you are going to get the cost of the 'tuning' necessity, in keeping your car safe, any lower than a minimum of $3k. 'Gots to pay to play' :wink:

^ unless, of course, you opt for the E-manage blue.

Last edited by zeta; 02-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Suzuka Master

2ndgentl, here is a tuning shop in the Trinity area; however, it looks like they have only dealt with honda 4 cylinder engines. Maybe they would like to get some experience with a potential 'badass' V6 like yours. Or, recommend someone. They look like they have exposure to AEM EMS as well;

http://www.phearable.net/

I got them by googling honda car tuning in tampa; fl?

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ho...directory.html

Last edited by zeta; 02-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts
I can't thank everyone enough for all your help, you guys are awesome, but have you ever had a bad day before? Of course everyone has, now picture my day today....I installed the flywheel\clutch\tranny and did a compression check on the new engine yesterday. Today I wire wheeled (cleaned) the whole engine, removed stock headers and installed mine, installed motor mounts\brackets, removed stock IM, removed fuel rails\injectors, removed entire wire harness that came with engine, finally removed both stock runners to install my port & polished runners, then I noticed a huge crack on the block......right next to where the passenger motor mount mounts. You couldn't see it until you take the runners off. I'm about to throw in the towel....this obviously happened when the car was in the accident. You can tell it's been cracked for a long time because there's actually corrosion in the crack. Now I have to deal with Allen's Auto Parts tomorrow. I just can't win with this project....

Last edited by 2ndgentl; 02-26-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts

That SUCKS man but they should definitely take care of that for you. It was definitely hit from the passenger side hard.

Cars can really make or break you. You just always have to find the positives in any situation. At least you didn't find out the hard way after it was installed..

Soo.. J35A3?
Old 02-26-2017, 06:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by teh CL

That SUCKS man but they should definitely take care of that for you. It was definitely hit from the passenger side hard.

Cars can really make or break you. You just always have to find the positives in any situation. At least you didn't find out the hard way after it was installed..

Soo.. J35A3?
Very true, I would have just burned the car if I found out after the installation. I'm seriously thinking about getting a j35a3 now and just selling the S\C. Maybe I can fit the S\C on my Zero Turn Lawnmower. This grass needs to be cut after all this time wasted. I just can't believe this...

Last edited by 2ndgentl; 02-26-2017 at 06:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
teh CL (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

That's difficult to look at.

There are two Auto J32A2's near you, gotta call for price:
One from an '03CLS; 62Kmiles; A&A Auto Recycling; 5507 9th Street East, Bradenton, FL 34203

Home

One from an '03TLS; 57kmiles; Japanese & European Used Auto; 9809 Palm River Rd, Tampa, FL 33619

'01MDX 72Kmiles Japanese & European Used Auto; 9809 Palm River Rd, Tampa, FL

Otherwise, the nearest 6-speed engine is:
62Kmiles $700; Carguts; Blackburg, SC 1.866.839.2708
Carguts Inc

Unfortunately, in this salvage yard game, all are going to be a 'roll of the dice' until it's settled.

Last edited by zeta; 02-26-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zeta
That's difficult to look at.

There are two Auto J32A2's near you, gotta call for price:
One from an '03CLS; 62Kmiles; A&A Auto Recycling; 5507 9th Street East, Bradenton, FL 34203

Home

One from an '03TLS; 57kmiles; Japanese & European Used Auto; 9809 Palm River Rd, Tampa, FL 33619

'01MDX 72Kmiles Japanese & European Used Auto; 9809 Palm River Rd, Tampa, FL

Otherwise, the nearest 6-speed engine is:
62Kmiles $700; Carguts; Blackburg, SC 1.866.839.2708
Carguts Inc
Thanks Zeta, tomorrow I'll see what they say at Allen's Auto Parts about this. I do remember asking them what happens if the engine is bad, and they said that they will locate another one for me, so we'll see. I'm just so bummed out about this engine with 67k. What a waste...
Old 02-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks Zeta, tomorrow I'll see what they say at Allen's Auto Parts about this. I do remember asking them what happens if the engine is bad, and they said that they will locate another one for me, so we'll see. I'm just so bummed out about this engine with 67k. What a waste...
Nice. Don't be bummed, you are young and sh*t like this happens all the time.

Maybe they can get the one (62kmiles; stock#H1060) from Carguts; Blackburg, SC, take the info. with you just in case. It'll show you are ready for business, and give them an opportunity to show they can take care of you.

Best of Luck to you.

Last edited by zeta; 02-26-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Wink

Nice. Don't be bummed, you are young and sh*t like this happens all the time.

Maybe they can get the one (62kmiles; stock#H1060) from Carguts; Blackburg, SC, take the info. with you just in case. It'll show you are ready for business, and give them an opportunity to show they can take care of you.

Best of Luck to you.
Thank you Zeta, I will definitely mention that engine tomorrow and see what they can do. You're right though, sh*t does happen and there's a lot more things to worry about in life than a bunch of metal, but I am still moving forward from this and that's more than most people would do at this point.

Last edited by 2ndgentl; 02-26-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Thank you Zeta, I will definitely mention that engine tomorrow and see what they can do. You're right though, sh*t does happen and there's a lot more things to worry about in life than a bunch of metal, but I am still moving forward from this and that's more than most people would do at this point.
No problem, brah. It's a minor set back and I had already primed the discussion with my example previously about getting an engine sent, from out of the area, by mistake from an Auto. Now that would have been a REAL fn hassle.

Gotta keep moving forward when crap like this presents itself. Look at it this way, an invisible hand was at play, due to your prudent exercise of removing the IM and performing the wire wheel cleaning, you found this totally unforeseen anomaly before dropping it in the car. Yeah, you lost all the time and effort in removal & replacement of the FW/clutch/PP and tranny; however, I realize that that is easy for me to say, but, you caught it and now move on to plan B. Just keep an open mind to possibly having to use an Auto engine J32 / J35 to keep your schedule as stress free as possible if a reasonable CLS 6 engine can't be had.
teh CL (02-26-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 10:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Damn, what a day...woke up early (6:30 am) to disassemble all my parts from the new engine. Called up Allen's Auto Parts at 8am and explained the situation. The guy said since they don't deal with out of state engines they can't get me another one since that one with the cracked block was the only one in Florida, so he agreed to give me a full refund when I returned the engine. He said to just leave it the way it is (disassembled) and just be there an hour before they close (4pm) so that they have enough cash to give me back, since I paid cash for it. So I gathered all the disassembled parts and put them in a big box. I went to work for a few hours then got back home early enough to take all my tools out of my Element and place that engine in the back with tie-downs. I then drove to Allen's. When I got there the owner wanted to see the crack on the block. After he saw the crack he said that he would weld it for me. I laughed and told him no way, I didn't spend $900 for a junk engine to be welded after I bought it. He then inspected EVERY square inch of that engine to make sure that it was his. I told him that the 10 heat sensor dimes they glued all over the motor and the scribe marks they left on the heads\block\IM wasn't enough to see that it wasn't his? Jesus...I then finally got my money back at the end except for $20 because I forgot the flywheel and clutch....keep the $20, I'll sell them for more. Who wants a stock flywheel and clutch with 67k on them??? Lol
Old 02-28-2017, 01:18 PM
Suzuka Master

^
What a sketchy lizard to deal with; however, it's not surprising. I guess he thought he would screw with your mind a bit with his total scrutiny engine inspection, on the other hand, it's his right. The funny thing is, is that he thought he had a '67k Jem' of lump there and it turned out to be a huge POS for as long as the fn thing sat on the shelf and corroded. FAIL He will still make money from the parts; however, it will take even longer now.

When you decide on the next engine, if it is local, and if possible, slap the purchase price on a credit card. That way you retain the monetary control of the transaction. They say 'Cash is King'; however, in transactions like these, especially in sketchy parts of town, you have to 'cover your ass' as much as possible going into the deal. Every salvage dog I have ever dealt with has impressed me with their shrewd cunning.

That way, you have an 'out' if it has to be returned and comes back as a money squabble in the form of a 'disputed charge' should they not give you the credit charge back. Also, if you go to the salvage yard, like you did with this one, and physically take delivery, make sure, as you already know to, 1) verify advertised miles claimed to be on the engine via proper documentation. Try and get a DATE from the documentation as to when the accident occurred or when the motor was put on the shelf once extracted from the vehicle. That way you get an idea of how long said engine has been in storage. 2) Make sure the VIN # for the wrecked vehicle is written on all copies of the invoice legibly AND 3) it matches the 'green' VIN tag riveted to the engine block. This inspection can be done quickly while the motor is up in the air during the load. Sometimes the DIY wooden engine stands they construct to sit the engine on obstruct the VIN tag. If there is no green VIN tag on the salvage engine, walk away. In many forms, CYA will save the day.

Last edited by zeta; 02-28-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Talking

^
What a sketchy lizard to deal with; however, it's not surprising. I guess he thought he would screw with your mind a bit with his total scrutiny engine inspection, on the other hand, it's his right. The funny thing is, is that he thought he had a '67k Jem' of lump there and it turned out to be a huge POS for as long as the fn thing sat on the shelf and corroded. FAIL He will still make money from the parts; however, it will take even longer now.

When you decide on the next engine, if it is local, and if possible, slap the purchase price on a credit card. That way you retain the monetary control of the transaction. They say 'Cash is King'; however, in transactions like these, especially in sketchy parts of town, you have to 'cover your ass' as much as possible going into the deal. Every salvage dog I have ever dealt with has impressed me with their shrewd cunning.

That way, you have an 'out' if it has to be returned and comes back as a money squabble in the form of a 'disputed charge' should they not give you the credit charge back. Also, if you go to the salvage yard, like you did with this one, and physically take delivery, make sure, as you already know to, 1) verify advertised miles claimed to be on the engine via proper documentation. Try and get a DATE from the documentation as to when the accident occurred or when the motor was put on the shelf once extracted from the vehicle. That way you get an idea of how long said engine has been in storage. 2) Make sure the VIN # for the wrecked vehicle is written on all copies of the invoice legibly AND 3) it matches the 'green' VIN tag riveted to the engine block. This inspection can be done quickly while the motor is up in the air during the load. Sometimes the DIY wooden engine stands they construct to sit the engine on obstruct the VIN tag. If there is no green VIN tag on the salvage engine, walk away. In many forms, CYA will save the day.
Excellent post Zeta! I actually wrote some notes from your post so I could be ready to ask questions when I called around. So, I called first on that j32a2 6-speed engine with 62k in SC. I cannot explain how rude the women (manager) was who talked to me. She was getting so pissed off when I told her that I had some questions to ask her about that engine. She specifically said that she had no time for questions. I told her how do you expect to sell anything without the customer asking any questions. She said there were other people calling so she had to go. I told her god forbid THEY have any questions to ask...the next day I called back, giving this place one more chance, and guess who picked up the phone...the same lady. The first thing I told her was, "do you have the patience and time to answer a few questions?" And she knew it was me right away...she took a deep breath then sighed real loud and said, "ok, what is it you want to know...." I asked how long ago did that car get into an accident? She said, no accident, it was flood damage. I said ok, thank you...click. #1 I'm not buying an engine that was flooded #2 Definitely not giving that miserable bi%ch my business. So I called another place in Milwaukee....108k j32a2 6-speed, it has pics of the car and the accident wasn't bad enough to touch the engine. They were EXTREMELY nice and more than patient on the phone with me and answered any question I asked them. They said the engine runs great, they've had it for a little over a year, 90 day warranty, and they are giving it to me for $250 + $225 shipping = $475! And they don't want my core! So I ordered it...but of course I asked what if something is wrong with it when I get it? The guy reassured me that there's nothing wrong with it but if there was he said they would give me a full refund (which I had him e-mail me a written letter stating that they will refund me the full amount if there's anything wrong with the engine and signed by him, but all that is also on the back of the receipt when I purchase it). So we'll see once this engine arrives at my door
Old 03-02-2017, 08:23 PM

Now that's a great deal
Old 03-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Excellent post Zeta! I actually wrote some notes from your post so I could be ready to ask questions when I called around. So, I called first on that j32a2 6-speed engine with 62k in SC. I cannot explain how rude the women (manager) was who talked to me. She was getting so pissed off when I told her that I had some questions to ask her about that engine. She specifically said that she had no time for questions. I told her how do you expect to sell anything without the customer asking any questions. She said there were other people calling so she had to go. I told her god forbid THEY have any questions to ask...the next day I called back, giving this place one more chance, and guess who picked up the phone...the same lady. The first thing I told her was, "do you have the patience and time to answer a few questions?" And she knew it was me right away...she took a deep breath then sighed real loud and said, "ok, what is it you want to know...." I asked how long ago did that car get into an accident? She said, no accident, it was flood damage. I said ok, thank you...click. #1 I'm not buying an engine that was flooded #2 Definitely not giving that miserable bi%ch my business.
OMG!, 2ndgentl. Very nicely done. I'm glad you used my verbosity to do yourself well. Like I said, some of these salvage lizards are pugnatious. How dare you ask any fn questions, LOL. Maybe, in her delusion, she was a colonel in the väfən ˌesˈes, but I digress....

to you for your generosity and perseverance in giving der Frua a second chance.

Due diligence and CYA, you gots to stack it up, as much as possible for yourself, before going in for the kill.

So I called another place in Milwaukee....108k j32a2 6-speed, it has pics of the car and the accident wasn't bad enough to touch the engine. They were EXTREMELY nice and more than patient on the phone with me and answered any question I asked them. They said the engine runs great, they've had it for a little over a year, 90 day warranty, and they are giving it to me for $250 + $225 shipping = $475! And they don't want my core! So I ordered it...but of course I asked what if something is wrong with it when I get it? The guy reassured me that there's nothing wrong with it but if there was he said they would give me a full refund (which I had him e-mail me a written letter stating that they will refund me the full amount if there's anything wrong with the engine and signed by him, but all that is also on the back of the receipt when I purchase it). So we'll see once this engine arrives at my door
Just looked this one up on car-parts.com. Nice touch with the email letter, now that's customer service. When it arrives, I hope it checks out to your liking so that you can get that white 'Hot-To-Go' CL-S6 back on the road ASAP, hehe.

Last edited by zeta; 03-02-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:38 AM
Suzuka Master

They said the engine runs great, they've had it for a little over a year, 90 day warranty, and they are giving it to me for $250 + $225 shipping = $475! And they don't want my core! So I ordered it...but of course I asked what if something is wrong with it when I get it? The guy reassured me that there's nothing wrong with it but if there was he said they would give me a full refund (which I had him e-mail me a written letter stating that they will refund me the full amount if there's anything wrong with the engine and signed by him, but all that is also on the back of the receipt when I purchase it). So we'll see once this engine arrives at my door
2ndgentl, Just an FYI.

I did a little digging on Calumet Autoparts website and the CL-S6 engine ZK2303 you purchased may have been on their lot a little longer than they told you above.

They have a 'new inventory' 2001 Auto CL that was purchased in 10Aug2016, just over a year ago #GH6613; however, if you look at the pictures of ZK2303 '03 6-speed (108,363kmiles) you will see that there is a date stamp of 19Nov2009, so this appears to be an older inventory car. The individual may have just had the #GH6613 car 'on the brain' when you asked about it and just made a mistake and told you '...a little over a year'.

You can check it out for yourself by clicking their website link below. Go to the bottom of the page and click 'Parts Search'. A list of 'New Inventory' cars is pulled up and the only CL that is listed comes up as #GH6613 purchased in Aug 2016.

http://www.calumetautoparts.com/

Press the 'Inventory' tab at the top, then click 'select' next to 'engine assembly'. the next screen will allow you to 'shop' for either a 'BASE'; TYPE-S MT; or TYPE-S AT. When you 'click' the TYPE-S MT; click the year on the next page and it will bring up the inventoried 6-speed VIN 19UYA41673A011247. There is no purchased date listed; however, the pictures give it away.

You may want to follow-up with them and make sure they send you the #ZK2303 6-speed engine.

Last edited by zeta; 03-03-2017 at 05:47 AM.
teh CL (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 06:28 AM
Burning Brakes

2ndgentl, Just an FYI.

I did a little digging on Calumet Autoparts website and the CL-S6 engine ZK2303 you purchased may have been on their lot a little longer than they told you above.

They have a 'new inventory' 2001 Auto CL that was purchased in 10Aug2016, just over a year ago #GH6613; however, if you look at the pictures of ZK2303 '03 6-speed (108,363kmiles) you will see that there is a date stamp of 19Nov2009, so this appears to be an older inventory car. The individual may have just had the #GH6613 car 'on the brain' when you asked about it and just made a mistake and told you '...a little over a year'.

You can check it out for yourself by clicking their website link below. Go to the bottom of the page and click 'Parts Search'. A list of 'New Inventory' cars is pulled up and the only CL that is listed comes up as #GH6613 purchased in Aug 2016.

Used Automotive Parts Recyclers | Calumet | Milwaukee, WI

Press the 'Inventory' tab at the top, then click 'select' next to 'engine assembly'. the next screen will allow you to 'shop' for either a 'BASE'; TYPE-S MT; or TYPE-S AT. When you 'click' the TYPE-S MT; click the year on the next page and it will bring up the inventoried 6-speed VIN 19UYA41673A011247. There is no purchased date listed; however, the pictures give it away.

You may want to follow-up with them and make sure they send you the #ZK2303 6-speed engine.
Damn, good eye Zeta! I don't know how I missed that yesterday after looking at those pictures. I just went on their website and when you search for the j32a2 6-speed engine the zk2303 doesn't come up on the list anymore, which means the order is in process. Damn, so it's been sitting for over 7 years...the one that I purchased with the cracked block sat for almost 10 yrs and it looked clean as a whistle when they dropped the oil pan and when I took a valve cover off, but still something to keep in the back of my mind. When this engine arrives you better believe that I am going to inspect every millimeter on it. I am also going to call "Kevin" (the guy I talked to) and talk to him about his hiccup, because it clearly states on the pics that the cl has been there since Nov. 19, 2009. I hope it's a good clean running engine....
Old 03-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, when I checked it out again this morning I noticed that date stamp and went to their website to poke around again. They open at 8am CST so around 9am, for us, give them a call. Just thought you would like to know and make an informed decision on how to proceed.

http://calumetautoparts.hollanderapp...ID=11753305339

If the link above works, print it out for your records.

Last edited by zeta; 03-03-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, when I checked it out again this morning I noticed that date stamp and went to their website to poke around again. They open at 8am CST so around 9am, for us, give them a call. Just thought you would like to know and make an informed decision on how to proceed.

Inventory Item Detail

If the link above works, print it out for your records.
I called him this morning and asked him about the engine. He said the date on the picture was when the car came in but they didn't pull the engine and tranny out of it until about a year and a half ago. Which still doesn't mean anything, it's still been sitting for over 7 yrs. He said that everything is ready to be shipped over to my house. I saw the $475 charge on my CC this afternoon, so now I can only cross my fingers and hope that this is the last time that I have to get an engine shipped to my house. I'll post pics once I get it
Old 03-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Suzuka Master

I called him this morning and asked him about the engine. He said the date on the picture was when the car came in but they didn't pull the engine and tranny out of it until about a year and a half ago. Which still doesn't mean anything, it's still been sitting for over 7 yrs.
Yeah, I just looked to see if they had the tranny available and it's gone. That, obviously, sold first then they probably just prepped the engine for storage and shelved it at that point. If the one from Allen's looked good to you, when pulling the pan and valve cover, after almost 120 months, than hopefully this one won't disappoint. If you got a good 'read' off of him during your conversations and he was forthright with his answers, then there is not much to do until it arrives for inspection.

He said that everything is ready to be shipped over to my house. I saw the $475 charge on my CC this afternoon, so now I can only cross my fingers and hope that this is the last time that I have to get an engine shipped to my house. I'll post pics once I get it
LoL, yeah, they don't waste much time getting that charge out there to your card. Is there any kind of tracking number involved with a shipment like this or is it shipped to you in a semi-freight trailer that just pulls up and delivers it with a call to you first? Just curious.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Burning Brakes

LoL, yeah, they don't waste much time getting that charge out there to your card. Is there any kind of tracking number involved with a shipment like this or is it shipped to you in a semi-freight trailer that just pulls up and delivers it with a call to you first? Just curious.
I'm assuming the only tracking they have is through their end because all they told me was that it would be at my house next week sometime. Paying by credit card this time makes me feel a little better just in case because I can always dispute it if things go south. So, my girlfriend let me use her American Express card since they have never given her any grief about disputing anything just in case.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm assuming the only tracking they have is through their end because all they told me was that it would be at my house next week sometime.
Interesting, that's why I asked because their website does not mention anything in regards to shipping methods. Most likely some kind of freight forwarding service to handle heavy items like a motor.

Paying by credit card this time makes me feel a little better just in case because I can always dispute it if things go south. So, my girlfriend let me use her American Express card since they have never given her any grief about disputing anything just in case.
AMEX is a great choice, they don't play, when it comes to charge backs, with adequate customer service and you are thoroughly covered.

Looking forward to your update with pictures when you take possession next week.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Well, I got the engine today. It was mummified wrapped in cellophane on a pallet when it arrived. After I unwrapped it I had to call an archeologist over to dust it off. It looked like a fossil. I got my air nozzle from my compressor and i started to blow off all the dirt. Yes, it was covered in dirt, not dust. It looked like it was left in a bomb testing field. The paint on the valve covers was just flaking off when hit with the air nozzle, but the dipstick looked really clean. I'd like to think that i was raised properly, not to judge a person from the way they look. So....I just hope internally this is a good engine. If it is, I have A LOT of cleaning to do. I think I am going to also take the valve covers and oil pan off to do a better inspection. I'll post pics when I do that as well.

The following 3 users liked this post by 2ndgentl:
Marcelechka (03-10-2017), teh CL (03-10-2017), zeta (03-09-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Full engine detail FTW
Old 03-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Looks pretty clean inside, still need to do a compression check though.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Suzuka Master

2ndgentl, thanks for taking/posting those pictures.

As you stated, it looks pretty clean inside. When you get to the point of inspecting the timing belt area & such take a pic. Would like to see how it (TB & pulleys) held-up/looks after sitting that little while in the salvage yard. Does the rear main seal look OK or will you replace it while you can? If you decide to use these new fuel injectors and remove them for servicing, label them with a number just in case.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Burning Brakes

2ndgentl, thanks for taking/posting those pictures.

As you stated, it looks pretty clean inside. When you get to the point of inspecting the timing belt area & such take a pic. Would like to see how it (TB & pulleys) held-up/looks after sitting that little while in the salvage yard. Does the rear main seal look OK or will you replace it while you can? If you decide to use these new fuel injectors and remove them for servicing, label them with a number just in case.
The rear main seal is on a plate that unbolts, so I'll just swap those plates with the seal on it since I just replaced the one on mine a year ago. The timing belt actually looks pretty good as well, but I'm replacing it. There are a lot of parts I'm swapping over from my other engine that look better. Even the valve covers, since the paint just flaked off of these ones. The oil pan doesn't have a gasket, just sealant. I don't think I'll be using stock injectors anymore, I'm going bigger with the S\C. I don't know, I might just keep the S\C off for a month to see how well this engine runs.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:45 PM
Suzuka Master

I don't know, I might just keep the S\C off for a month to see how well this engine runs.
Speaking of which, Don't know if you saw post #323 on this page; but, it appears that that shop maybe just down the road from you in Trinity somewhere.

I realize that you are thinking of holding off on the SC'er install for a bit and 'tuning' is the farthest thing on your mind at this point; however, in your spare time maybe give them a call.

It states on their contact page that (We do NOT have a retail store front. We do not accept walk-ins.) which is a bit strange, but it might be worth checking out. They may be able to OR recommend someone local that can talk with you about tuning Honda V6's when you are ready.

http://www.phearable.net/

Phearable.net
3152 Little Road Unit 111
Trinity, FL 34655
1-727-233-0521

Last edited by zeta; 03-10-2017 at 07:47 PM.
teh CL (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Suzuka Master

They may be able to OR recommend someone local that can talk with you about tuning Honda V6's when you are ready.
Looks like they do have Honda V6 exposure.

Blog :: An Accord Like No Other. Michael Simi's 2006 Honda Accord J36 Build. - Engine Parts & Tuning Solutions | Phearable.net
teh CL (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Suzuka Master

^

This looks familiar:

Engine Computers :: AEM Engine Management :: AEM Series2 :: Honda/Acura :: AEM Series 2 P&P EMS Honda J30A J30A1 J32A J32A1 J32A2 J35A4 - Engine Parts & Tuning Solutions - Products - Phearable.net
Old 03-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Speaking of which, Don't know if you saw post #323 on this page; but, it appears that that shop maybe just down the road from you in Trinity somewhere.

I realize that you are thinking of holding off on the SC'er install for a bit and 'tuning' is the farthest thing on your mind at this point; however, in your spare time maybe give them a call.

It states on their contact page that (We do NOT have a retail store front. We do not accept walk-ins.) which is a bit strange, but it might be worth checking out. They may be able to OR recommend someone local that can talk with you about tuning Honda V6's when you are ready.

Engine Parts & Tuning Solutions | Phearable.net

Phearable.net
3152 Little Road Unit 111
Trinity, FL 34655
1-727-233-0521

Huh, that must have slipped by me reading all these threads. I wouldn't be surprised with everything I've had going through my head lately...I am DEFINITELY going to call and have a chat with them. Trinity is right around my corner. I'm sure they've seen my car rolling and blowing up around here I just noticed that Accord (Mike Simi's) It was on Craigslist in Orlando for the longest time. I remember it was all motor putting down 306 whp and 276 wht! That was a beautiful Accord, I just think at the time he was asking $12k for it.

Last edited by 2ndgentl; 03-10-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Suzuka Master

^Suite!
The best thing about it is that AEM EMS on their website is almost $600 cheaper than the dezod unit; although you would really have to 'grill' them on the 'plug n play' compatibility aspect for the CL-S6 ECU in retaining all of the cars electronic functionality outside of engine control. That's $600 of tuning time in your pocket with the huge benefit of it, the shop, being just around the corner from you.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Don't buy the 30-6051 ems2 unless you don't care about passing emissions. It will run car fine if you swap to auto motor sensors, but you can't swap back to manual oem ecu to pass emissions without also swapping sensors back which would be PITA.

Just expect to spend at least 3k and buy the Dezod package and find a good local tuner.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Rawr.

Received 715 Likes on 421 Posts
He's good, no emissions testing in FL.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcelechka
He's good, no emissions testing in FL.
Aw I'm jealous. In that case you could skip Dezod package to save money. I might have aem ems2 30-6051 for sale soon for good price.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, no emissions here in Fl, which is great for my car but not the ozone. Brian6speed, let me know about that. AEM EMS. PM me. I still haven't done a compression test yet on the new motor, but I'm sure it'll be good.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:29 AM

zeta (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Suzuka Master

^

2ndgentl, when time permits, throw us 'a bone' of an update.

Hopefully, everything is 'good to go' on your end?
Old 03-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Sorry guys, I've been dragging my feet on this project. The new engine is still hanging on the cherry picker as shown way above and still haven't done a compression check on it. I know, I should be slapped, but I've been really busy with work and going fishing on my spare time to relax and get my mind off things. But thanks guys for checking up with me, I will try and do the comp test this week so I can keep the ball rolling. I'll let you know how it goes
zeta (03-26-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Serious help needed!