Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S+ vs.GoodYear Assurance ComforTred vs.Continental PureContact

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 04:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S+ vs.GoodYear Assurance ComforTred vs.Continental PureContact

I am considering these 3 options as I'm buying All-Season Touring tires tomorrow. I have done hours of online research but now I need real-world / practical feedback from peeps who have actually used these tires on their TSX.

Any recommendations / reviews would be appreciated.

2005 TSX - 215/50R17
Old 05-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
You never posted back. So we don't know which tires you bought. If it helps any, I just installed a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS+'s on my 06. They are quieter and have the same grip as my previous Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires. I've also notice, as an added benefit, that these tires are also more comfortable than my previous set. So rough road and dips/potholes don't feel as bad or make as much noise when I go over them! tirerack.com did a review of 3 high performance tires for our car, and the P7 was included. While they had the lowest performance in wet weather and in grip, they beat the other two on noise and comfort. This is all relative since all 3 kinds of tires are the best in the all season category. Consumers Report ranked the P7's very good to excellent in everything except wet stopping (just good). Hope that helps.
The following users liked this post:
Acurian24 (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I actually held off on buying new ones because I thought the front shimmy was due to flat-spotting and dry rot on my Michelin MXM4. Turns out that wasn't the case.
Still trying to diagnose the issue. Old posts point to 3 potential culprits:
Rotors / Calipers, Axles, CV Joints.

But when I do get a new set, it will most likely be the Contis or the Pirellis.
The following users liked this post:
Jottle (05-12-2016)