Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
mr. cooper
Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onebadtsx
^^
Anyone have any 0-60 times or quarters that they can post? Modded/Unmodded, S/C/ non S/C?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by godfather2
mr. cooper
Damn this section is dead!!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:07 PM
heel/toe is my specialty

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn this section is dead!!
Well your question is fairly vague. "hang with" where? On the strip, from a roll (i assume this is what you meant) in an auto X? Not to mention the variables involved with "what else" (how much boost, other mods, traction, ecu) the TSX has done to it are also a big factor. The last is probebly the biggest reason there are no posts in here.

If your question was a bit more specific I am sure you would have more answers.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Red@8
Well your question is fairly vague. "hang with" where? On the strip, from a roll (i assume this is what you meant) in an auto X? Not to mention the variables involved with "what else" (how much boost, other mods, traction, ecu) the TSX has done to it are also a big factor. The last is probebly the biggest reason there are no posts in here.

If your question was a bit more specific I am sure you would have more answers.
Ok lets say I have a stock 6mt Tsx and I bolt on a CT engineering supercharger w/ecu. That's it no other mods. Can this TSX keep up with a G35 on the highway?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:25 PM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok lets say I have a stock 6mt Tsx and I bolt on a CT engineering supercharger w/ecu. That's it no other mods. Can this TSX keep up with a G35 on the highway?
um...
all highways have pretty low speed limits.
I think any car can keep up...

you want a fast car?
go to some other forum, the TSX is not for you.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMsTSX
um...

you want a fast car?
Well Im like you I also have a 07 g35. my wife drives it but I commute and like the TSX. I had a GS430 but gas was crazy. I just want to make it faster. Not WRX EVO faster just faster. Does the supercharger take the car from 15.7 to at least 14.5? Oh and 80mph is the limit here in Ga .

Can anyone answer this question?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

Sorry I have no immediate answers. But your best bet seems to find some speed times for a supercharged TSX and find some speed times for the G35. I doubt even a supercharged TSX can keep up with a G35. G35 will still have way more HP/TQ and RWD doesn't hurt.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Special-K

Hang with a G35 is possible with a manual supercharged TSX. You'll need more existing mods like I/H/E/Cat as well.. its very possible with those mods. And of course the "driver" mod.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
You'll need to add all bolt-ons (I/H/C at minimum), but the short answer is .

From personal experience on the highway, I've been able to keep up with a 3G TL Type-S, edge out a 1G G35 coupe, and handily beat an E90 330i. These runs were done from a MPH range anywhere between 40 and 110 (never higher).

Looking at dyno sheets from a stock 2007 G35 sedan, they average about 260whp/230wtq with a curb weight of 3580 lbs (per C&D). My TSX with a stock S/C + I/H/C/E dynoed 251whp/190wtq and has an estimated curb weight of 3250 lbs (+/- 50 lbs).

The G35 does have a clear advantage in off-the-line acceleration due to its RWD platform and 40 ft-lbs of additional torque. However, once both cars are up to speed, it's a close race with a S/Ced TSX having the advantage in power-to-weight ratio.

Also, comparing dyno sheets, the VQ35 seems to have breathing issues past 5.5-6k RPMs as the torque curve drops off pretty dramatically. In contrast, the S/Ced TSX has an extremely flat torque curve from 3k RPMs all the way to its 7100 redline.

Bottom line, a S/Ced TSX can keep up with a G35 on the highway .
Old 01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DAYTA

From personal experience on the highway, I've been able to keep up with a 3G TL Type-S, edge out a 1G G35 coupe, and handily beat an E90 330i. These runs were done from a MPH range anywhere between 40 and 110 (never higher).

Looking at dyno sheets from a stock 2007 G35 sedan, they average about 260whp/230wtq with a curb weight of 3580 lbs (per C&D). My TSX with a stock S/C + I/H/C/E dynoed 251whp/190wtq and has an estimated curb weight of 3250 lbs (+/- 50 lbs).

The G35 does have a clear advantage in off-the-line acceleration due to its RWD platform and 40 ft-lbs of additional torque. However, once both cars are up to speed, it's a close race with a S/Ced TSX having the advantage in power-to-weight ratio.

Also, comparing dyno sheets, the VQ35 seems to have breathing issues past 5.5-6k RPMs as the torque curve drops off pretty dramatically. In contrast, the S/Ced TSX has an extremely flat torque curve from 3k RPMs all the way to its 7100 redline.

God Bless you a real answer. Thank you!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:20 PM
JDM Addict

no.

as said above, you would need to add an intake, header, cat, etc. to
have a chance.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Racer

God Bless you a real answer. Thank you!
I second that...
Old 01-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Racer

Thank you for giving us that insight. Have you ever taken your car to some of track event, autoX, quarter mile? If so, any details or observations?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
You do not need a supercharger or any forced induction at all to race and beat a G35 on the highway. I will admit racing a G35 off the line will be a harder task due to the torque. But I have all bolt-ons with no internal engine mods and I pull away from G35's and 350z's on the highway. As a matter of fact a friend of mine I beat has a cat-back exhaust/intake.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carmagnut
Thank you for giving us that insight. Have you ever taken your car to some of track event, autoX, quarter mile? If so, any details or observations?
Sorry, I haven't tracked my car. I'm not into hard launches so I don't know if I'll ever go to the drag strip. I have looked into joining some auto-x events, but haven't followed through yet. My biggest issue has always been with traction, but I plan to help remedy that soon with the addition of an LSD.

Btw, I'm now currently at 276whp/211wtq with a high boost pulley and water/meth, so I should be able to edge out a 2G G35 without a problem. Between my current setup and the LSD + upgraded clutch/flywheel setup soon to be installed, I'd expect my hypothetical 1/4-mile times to come close to breaking into the 13s - and that'd be before Phase 5 .
Old 01-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by UNEVAKNO
You do not need a supercharger or any forced induction at all to race and beat a G35 on the highway. I will admit racing a G35 off the line will be a harder task due to the torque. But I have all bolt-ons with no internal engine mods and I pull away from G35's and 350z's on the highway. As a matter of fact a friend of mine I beat has a cat-back exhaust/intake.
NO sir. I had a g35 coupe and now have a 07 g35s sedan. I have test drove the TSX and Its night and day in terms of power. I commute so I had to get rid of my coupe. 26mpg on the high way just wont cut it anymore. I like the TSX but If I get one it needs just a little more power for my taste. That's why I'm asking about the SC. What kind of gas millage are you guys getting with the a SC. Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Unregistered User

u want a fast car? buy a fast car. TSX maybe faster, but its hard to make it fast
Old 01-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Racer

NO sir. I had a g35 coupe and now have a 07 g35s sedan. I have test drove the TSX and Its night and day in terms of power. I commute so I had to get rid of my coupe. 26mpg on the high way just wont cut it anymore. I like the TSX but If I get one it needs just a little more power for my taste. That's why I'm asking about the SC. What kind of gas millage are you guys getting with the a SC. Thanks
YES sir! My car is far from stock but does not have forced induction and I will beat the 1st gen G35's on the highway all day until I hit my limiter.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by valeratj
u want a fast car? buy a fast car. TSX maybe faster, but its hard to make it fast
Thats the fun part! Plus its not that hard. You just have to know the right people.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Burning Brakes

u want a fast car? buy a fast car. TSX maybe faster, but its expensive to make it fast
Fixed .

With the recent introduction of K-Pro for the TSX, your only limitation is the size of your wallet (and balls ).
Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Racer

My biggest issue has always been with traction, but I plan to help remedy that soon with the addition of an LSD.
I would assume traction does become the issue at a certain point. All the power means nothing if it can't be put to the road. I have the S/C kit at the house and am waiting for the weather to get nicer to put it on (also can't be without a car right now). My one fear is that the S/C may ruin some of the everyday drivability of the car. Ruin may be too harsh of a word, but I don't want the overall balanced personalitiy of the car to be severely altered with the addition of the boost. Also nervous that the car has 2.9 years worth of payments left and don't want things to go wrong.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carmagnut
I would assume traction does become the issue at a certain point. All the power means nothing if it can't be put to the road. I have the S/C kit at the house and am waiting for the weather to get nicer to put it on (also can't be without a car right now). My one fear is that the S/C may ruin some of the everyday drivability of the car. Ruin may be too harsh of a word, but I don't want the overall balanced personalitiy of the car to be severely altered with the addition of the boost. Also nervous that the car has 2.9 years worth of payments left and don't want things to go wrong.
I had similar concerns as yours before I added my S/C. I wanted more power, but not at the cost of daily driveability or reliability. However, trust me when I say the car loses none of it's inherent characteristics (sharp steering response, smooth power delivery, etc). The stock S/C runs at 4-5psi of boost which really isn't much, so I wouldn't expect there to be a significant detriment to the longevity of the engine. I had my S/C installed with 15k miles on the odometer, and I have not looked back (currently @ 27-28k miles).

The one downside I can say is that given the mounting location blower, the car does feel slightly more nose-heavy and is slightly more inclined to understeer when driven hard. That said, I quickly got used to it and now I don't notice it anymore. In addition, once I add the LSD, I'm expecting to retain fairly neutral cornering characteristics overall.

Add the S/C - you won't regret it .
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Read my post please.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Instructor

I had similar concerns as yours before I added my S/C. I wanted more power, but not at the cost of daily driveability or reliability. However, trust me when I say the car loses none of it's inherent characteristics (sharp steering response, smooth power delivery, etc). The stock S/C runs at 4-5psi of boost which really isn't much, so I wouldn't expect there to be a significant detriment to the longevity of the engine. I had my S/C installed with 15k miles on the odometer, and I have not looked back (currently @ 27-28k miles).

The one downside I can say is that given the mounting location blower, the car does feel slightly more nose-heavy and is slightly more inclined to understeer when driven hard. That said, I quickly got used to it and now I don't notice it anymore. In addition, once I add the LSD, I'm expecting to retain fairly neutral cornering characteristics overall.

Add the S/C - you won't regret it .
Great info I really appreciate it.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:41 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by MMsTSX
um...

you want a fast car?
no need to. I've got a 08 tsx. Cai, tbs, rbc intake manifold, thermal gasket, 600cc fuel injectors, DC sports headers, MagnaFlow cats, and a skunk2 cat back exhaust, and a Hondata flash and I keep up on the quarter panel. so it is possible.