I finally got my 6MT into the 14's.........Hoorah!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmathew34
the nature of a car forum....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jmathew34
I would just like to make a comment on this thread.

I'm sure you all are a member of different car forums and the one thing I'm sure you know is that when you state you have done something such as running on the track and posting the 14.X time in the 1/4 mile then you will have some people on the forum that will be happy to hear that news and will want to know what mods you've done to help you as a DRIVER to get those times. Then, there will be some who will need proof of this, such as a photocopy of the timeslips. Just like someone claiming to put out X amount of HP/TQ and then posting the Dyno run slips...

I have no experience running on a track and have no desire to do so but I do know that it is about the driver and shifting and reaction times etc...

Of course I am not here to judge anyone, just wanted to remind everyone of the nature of a car forum....

You are right and thats the problem with most forums.Its just some egotistical BS and I dont fall for it. I dont believe in claims, time slips or dynos unless I am right there to see it. Car forums should be educational aids for people to converse online from many widespread locations instead of wasting time bashing on people and their cars. If you dont believe what is said or want to add positive input to a topic then move on. That is how adults handle situations.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rmpage

I like that ! That image explains it all for some people !
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by UNEVAKNO
I know more than you think but I dont have anything to prove here like I said I just wanted to give advice. When you say freeing up a lot of hp thats when I smirk ....What do you call a lot? The K24 is the hardest motor I have ever owned to extract "real power" from and parts until about a year ago almost didnt exist. Unless you swap parts from a K20 your availability is limited. Im used to older Honda H/B series eng., German eng. and forced induction engines that really make " a lot " of hp when you just change the I/E/Fuel mangement.

I am not a expert but I sure recall asking a guy at Comptech( before they actually with the help of Hondata cracked the code for the 05 DBW so they could install the supercharger)
Why did you test the supercharged TSX with stock exhaust and headers?
He said Honda did their homework when they built that car and I told him to elaborate. He told me that the exhaust on the TSX / S2K were one of the few that flow very well. And maybe thats why most exhaust systems for our cars pull 2 to 3 hp. Did anybody look at the dyno in some areas you have no gains at all. I am not paying what ever it costs for 2 to 3 hp.

Let me explain something to you Stylez since this conversation is between me and you. I dont really give a shit about time slips and dynos really I dont. At the end of the day all that matters is if you can put that power to the road and keep it there! How much hp you have doesnt mean shit if you cant control it.

As far as the mis shift in 4th. When you change the TSX shifter to a short throw you will see how easy it is to do this. My 1st mis shift at the top of 4th into 2nd! I clutched/ pull it quick enough to save the engine from destruction but spun bearings and bent valves. I didnt bother trying to machine / replace etc. I just swapped to 06 K24 which dropped right in except the TB inlet is larger so you need a new intake hose. The 05 reflash worked with the 06 motor.
Well if you knew that much about motors you would know that by changing one performance part will yeild you of any serious gains.. but you changed the entire exhaust system.. your car is flowing more freely. Mods work together to help the motor breathe so a single mod probably would only make about 3hp. Why would you port the Intake manifold if you didnt get any gains from it?? You have to understand your not making any sense. And all this talk about VA/MD guys know how fast your car is.. um, im from NJ so how the hell would i know.. just post a time slip! or a picture of your car at the track or something! What do you think this forum is for? You said you were here to teach someone how to get into the 14's... where is "how" mentioned? You just basically said "hope you know how to keep this car under control with mods simular to mine!" Thats not helping! Why didnt you give your technique? You didnt post any track conditions.. temperatures, nothing. So you were alot of help! And another thing.. your probably making less power since your using a "flashed 05 ecu" on an "06 motor".. you have more aggressive cams on the 06 motor than you would have on the 05. That 05 reflash might not be utilizing the cams to its potiential. So why didnt you get an 06 ECU with the 06 motor?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
First off I havent dynoed my car either so I dont have actual numbers I meant it feels like 2 to 3 hp per mod. Not 2 to 3 hp total. You may feel "hugh gains or a lot" of hp to your butt or whatever the f.......... but I dont. The car feels like it has the potential to run low 14's to high 13's but the car is too heavy and geared wrong. And something has to change with the 1st to 2nd gear ratios/engagement. If you compare the 1st to 2 ndgear change the car drop 1500 rpms and every other gear ( 3rd to 4th etc.) only 1K rpm drop off. I check the ratios compared to the RSX tranny and they are different. That is a major reason why this car is not made to drag race.

Second I dont have a RT cat and the Catco has a lower flow rate. And the intake porting had no noticable gains.

Third LMAO .......................Wimping out? You dont know me to step out and be that bold. When I choose to not take a chance and damage my car again thats my choice to make. Its called priorities which you will learn when you become a man with a family / bills to pay. WTF would I wimp out for I will race anybody on here anytime. If I win or lose so what.

Since everybody has expertise in types of shit and how it smells maybe thats from experience in smelling their own. Sometimes I may be a little mis informed about my parts or knowledge but one thing I dont do is make up shit about my cars! What you need to worry about is not what I claim that you think is not true but what I dont tell you I have or know.

Remember I came into this positive and to help. You guys started this war. If you have advice then give it and keep your comments to yourself.
First, the TSX was never made to drag, you're right, but here you are dragging it and claiming numbers that no one else has claimed yet, thus you need some proof. It'd be like me saying oh yeah I ran a 13.9 and you'd be sitting here saying what's your mods and where's your proof. Or if I claimed to have 300 hp on my TSX, you and everyone else would be asking for dyno results and a mod list. You can't make wild claims with no back up, and I highly doubt you pulled a G35 by more than a half to 1 car length on a perfect run. No one says you're "lying" persay but, what we are saying is it is quite an impressive number and we'd like to see proof, or maybe you can make suggestions as to how we can acheive the same numbers.

Also I have the comptech short shifter and have NEVER missed a gear, it throws and engages much better than stock. In fact I'd miss gears stock before the short shifter. So IMHO if you are missing gears with the CT short shifter you should blame it on driver error not on the part making it easier to miss gears. Secondly, I have a 10 month baby boy with a wife and a house. So don't pull that bull shit that I don't have a family and don't know bills. I have probably been on my own way longer than you. If you actually threw out bearings missing 4th then what did you do? Leave at the cut off for the rest of the run? Didn't shift to 5th quickly? Didn't let off the gas for a second to correct your error? Sounds to me you said oh shit and just floored it and some how hoped you'd engage 4th.

All precysestylez wants is a run, all we want is proof of you claim, yet since you made this post when someone put the burden of proof on you, you have changed your story or made up some excuse as to why you can't prove it. Oh hey I shot high 14's but ummmm I can't do it again because uhhhh I don't want to break anything. But I can do it again, I uhhh just don't want to ya know???? That's why I call bull shit. That and the fact you claimed all of your mods made 2 - 3 hp and that was it, then after I present numbers and another member has a dyno result to prove you wrong you take it back and say well uhh all I felt was 2-3 hp. Then you say well I'm used to b-series engines and forced induction. Oh christ give us a break. Post your slip, why are you afraid to?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Racer

Just my 2 cents but in all honesty,the K24 is fairly easy to pull power from the problem is tuning. I've watched people with stock MOTOR K24 swaps in hatchbacks use KPRO and in 2 pulls make over 15-20whp just in tuning. The motors have WAY more potential then bseries but again our problem with the K24 being in the tsx is the fact that it is basically not tunable w/out losing the creature comforts that make the TSX.
Agreed that the intake, header and exhaust won't creat "huge" gains but combined with other mod's it makes thier potential greater as well as increasing the gains through supporting mods (cam's, head work, manifold work etc...)
Your correct in saying that the manifolds and exhaust flow well. In all actuallity, our head actually flows a hair less then the k20 heads so there's not even a need for a swap. Don't recall the exact percentage but it is a real small diff. as well as being capable of supporting high rpm's with proper mod's (upgraded valvetrain, cams etc...)
Ok, and maybe this is just the assh*le in me or because of the cars i've previously owned but whats the point of arguing over a 14 second car? either way you look at it, that's slow. Then again, i don't drag race.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
Well if you knew that much about motors you would know that by changing one performance part will yeild you of any serious gains.. but you changed the entire exhaust system.. your car is flowing more freely. Mods work together to help the motor breathe so a single mod probably would only make about 3hp. Why would you port the Intake manifold if you didnt get any gains from it?? You have to understand your not making any sense. And all this talk about VA/MD guys know how fast your car is.. um, im from NJ so how the hell would i know.. just post a time slip! or a picture of your car at the track or something! What do you think this forum is for? You said you were here to teach someone how to get into the 14's... where is "how" mentioned? You just basically said "hope you know how to keep this car under control with mods simular to mine!" Thats not helping! Why didnt you give your technique? You didnt post any track conditions.. temperatures, nothing. So you were alot of help! And another thing.. your probably making less power since your using a "flashed 05 ecu" on an "06 motor".. you have more aggressive cams on the 06 motor than you would have on the 05. That 05 reflash might not be utilizing the cams to its potiential. So why didnt you get an 06 ECU with the 06 motor?
I did certain mods beacuse the motor was apart. When you have mechanics that claim this may add hp I am willing to try new things. Anything with the TSX will be trial and error because if no one has done it you dont know what you might stumble on as far as K24 hp break throughs. I am trying to gain as much as I can without changing the TB , going with the KPRO or forced induction yet. I would have been willing to reveal little secrets , tricks of the trade and learn from you guys. But the majority, not all feel they know it all already and have all their time slips/ dynos to prove it so I have no need to give advice. And Im sure if there was a advantage to reflashing my ECU for a 06 motor Im sure that when I talked to Hondata about the project they would have told me that rocket scientist. But you guys know it all so I keep listening while you tell me what I need to do with my car and what mods I dont have etc. I will email the video of one of my passes as soon as my boy sends it to me. I watched it yesterday it was dark but when you stop the tape you can see the time.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by clee109
First, the TSX was never made to drag, you're right, but here you are dragging it and claiming numbers that no one else has claimed yet, thus you need some proof. It'd be like me saying oh yeah I ran a 13.9 and you'd be sitting here saying what's your mods and where's your proof. Or if I claimed to have 300 hp on my TSX, you and everyone else would be asking for dyno results and a mod list. You can't make wild claims with no back up, and I highly doubt you pulled a G35 by more than a half to 1 car length on a perfect run. No one says you're "lying" persay but, what we are saying is it is quite an impressive number and we'd like to see proof, or maybe you can make suggestions as to how we can acheive the same numbers.

Also I have the comptech short shifter and have NEVER missed a gear, it throws and engages much better than stock. In fact I'd miss gears stock before the short shifter. So IMHO if you are missing gears with the CT short shifter you should blame it on driver error not on the part making it easier to miss gears. Secondly, I have a 10 month baby boy with a wife and a house. So don't pull that bull shit that I don't have a family and don't know bills. I have probably been on my own way longer than you. If you actually threw out bearings missing 4th then what did you do? Leave at the cut off for the rest of the run? Didn't shift to 5th quickly? Didn't let off the gas for a second to correct your error? Sounds to me you said oh shit and just floored it and some how hoped you'd engage 4th.

All precysestylez wants is a run, all we want is proof of you claim, yet since you made this post when someone put the burden of proof on you, you have changed your story or made up some excuse as to why you can't prove it. Oh hey I shot high 14's but ummmm I can't do it again because uhhhh I don't want to break anything. But I can do it again, I uhhh just don't want to ya know???? That's why I call bull shit. That and the fact you claimed all of your mods made 2 - 3 hp and that was it, then after I present numbers and another member has a dyno result to prove you wrong you take it back and say well uhh all I felt was 2-3 hp. Then you say well I'm used to b-series engines and forced induction. Oh christ give us a break. Post your slip, why are you afraid to?
Thats where you are wrong! If you said you ran a 12.0 I dont care if you gave me any thing because I know about cars I can ask you certain questions about your car and that will tell me what I need to know. If I felt you where full of shit I would just keep it to myself. End of story. If you want to call my mis shift driver error so be it. The second the clutch engaged the damage was done so the many zillions of times Ive shifted my cars racing since I was 16 in the 80's this is the first time I have fucked a engine up. So what Mr. perfect shifter you want a cookie? I still drove the car home at 60mph and drove it into the bay to get fixed so you are saying?

And for the 5th time I told you if he wants I will race him to prove that.... what my car will do high 14's Ok I already know that! Ill be there on the 4th.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lvcurvs
Just my 2 cents but in all honesty,the K24 is fairly easy to pull power from the problem is tuning. I've watched people with stock MOTOR K24 swaps in hatchbacks use KPRO and in 2 pulls make over 15-20whp just in tuning. The motors have WAY more potential then bseries but again our problem with the K24 being in the tsx is the fact that it is basically not tunable w/out losing the creature comforts that make the TSX.
Agreed that the intake, header and exhaust won't creat "huge" gains but combined with other mod's it makes thier potential greater as well as increasing the gains through supporting mods (cam's, head work, manifold work etc...)
Your correct in saying that the manifolds and exhaust flow well. In all actuallity, our head actually flows a hair less then the k20 heads so there's not even a need for a swap. Don't recall the exact percentage but it is a real small diff. as well as being capable of supporting high rpm's with proper mod's (upgraded valvetrain, cams etc...)
Ok, and maybe this is just the assh*le in me or because of the cars i've previously owned but whats the point of arguing over a 14 second car? either way you look at it, that's slow. Then again, i don't drag race.

I agree 110 % and the key word you said was KPRO! That is what wakes these sleepy K series the fuck up! KPRO ! Until you get that you are not making any sig. power!!!! And thank you sir for being one of the few to add something positive and helpful to this discussion.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Racer

I forgot to add my 2 peice heat shield gasket set (custom made of a higher heat resistant material than Hondatas) to my mods list. I bought them from JE Import Perf. in Balto. Md. The intake manifold is two pieces and has a gasket sanwiched in between both sections. The manifold temp dropped drastically. Maybe I did too many mods at the same time to really notice the difference.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Midwest TSXer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know more than you think but I dont have anything to prove here like I said I just wanted to give advice. When you say freeing up a lot of hp thats when I smirk ....What do you call a lot? The K24 is the hardest motor I have ever owned to extract "real power" from and parts until about a year ago almost didnt exist. Unless you swap parts from a K20 your availability is limited. Im used to older Honda H/B series eng., German eng. and forced induction engines that really make " a lot " of hp when you just change the I/E/Fuel mangement.

I am not a expert but I sure recall asking a guy at Comptech( before they actually with the help of Hondata cracked the code for the 05 DBW so they could install the supercharger)
Why did you test the supercharged TSX with stock exhaust and headers?
He said Honda did their homework when they built that car and I told him to elaborate. He told me that the exhaust on the TSX / S2K were one of the few that flow very well. And maybe thats why most exhaust systems for our cars pull 2 to 3 hp. Did anybody look at the dyno in some areas you have no gains at all. I am not paying what ever it costs for 2 to 3 hp.

Let me explain something to you Stylez since this conversation is between me and you. I dont really give a shit about time slips and dynos really I dont. At the end of the day all that matters is if you can put that power to the road and keep it there! How much hp you have doesnt mean shit if you cant control it.

As far as the mis shift in 4th. When you change the TSX shifter to a short throw you will see how easy it is to do this. My 1st mis shift at the top of 4th into 2nd! I clutched/ pull it quick enough to save the engine from destruction but spun bearings and bent valves. I didnt bother trying to machine / replace etc. I just swapped to 06 K24 which dropped right in except the TB inlet is larger so you need a new intake hose. The 05 reflash worked with the 06 motor.
Apparently the header and cat gave you that 2 to 3 hp and you bought that... i dont know.. i guess all the mods on your car average a 2 to 3 hp gain.... Lastly, put an aftermarket exhaust on a car with intake header and lets say test pipe.. how are you going to say a new exhaust wouldnt free that up..
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RaCeR4LiFe022
Apparently the header and cat gave you that 2 to 3 hp and you bought that... i dont know.. i guess all the mods on your car average a 2 to 3 hp gain.... Lastly, put an aftermarket exhaust on a car with intake header and lets say test pipe.. how are you going to say a new exhaust wouldnt free that up..
I get your point but if I didnt try anything what would be the purpose of trial and error in modding the car? At least I am not paying Comptech and Randomn tech. prices. Almost every part on my car I got unbelievable deals on. My cousin owns a Performance shop in Georgia (www.4gperformance.net) that fabricates exhausts so that was free. He is very good with DSMs so tell a friend. The I/H/E/cat didnt yield any hugh gains to me. I would say the biggest bang for your buck is the Hondata reflash. At some point all your mods should work together to achieve that final goal HORSEPOWER / TORQUE but sometimes its the opposite with some mods.I have seen dynos of exhausts / intakes that rob the vehicle of power. I would say my mods have small and large gains depending on what rpm range you are in . Down low rpms Im like WTF and after 5 grand it feels like OOOH SHIT! So what can you do ? After while you get tired of wasting money to run 14's. Now to really utilize the TSX's hp you need to lighten the car which I may do next. Swap out metal with as much CF as you can. Trunk , Hood , Fenders whatever you can find. Get RSX tranny or gears and 06 Civic si LSD. K20 head , TB , KPRO and intake. You will then run 13 sec or better with no problem. But at that cost you could buy a EVO or STI that runs 13's stock. You do the math unless like me I just want people to give the TSX the respect it deserves w/o turbo.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

To UNEVAKNO:

1) The CAT-BACK exhaust will NOT add much whp/wtq on the TSX, which is right. However, the Intake, Header, and High-flow Cat will free up quite a bit of whp/wtq. Somewhere up to 10-15whp/8-10wtq. For a 04-05 that's it.

2) I don't understand how you can run your 05 ECU w/ 06 motor. How will the ECU act with the following differences?
- Intake valve + 1 mm oversize
- Intake cam High lift lobe with 0.9 mm more lift and 12 degrees more duration
- Throttle body increased from 60-64mm
- Radius on some intake pipes increased from 70-80mm
- Stronger connecting rods
- New crankshaft with more counterbalance weight
- Revised pistons with more valve-piston clearance
just to name a few....

3) You can throw whatever info you got here, but getting the RSX tranny won't help much at all, it's questionable if you can swap in the 06si LSD. TB is kinda useless unless you can pair that w/ RBC IM and have at least stage1/2 cam, but then the TSX will NEVER be able to run K-Pro, at least for this moment.

It's alot of money just to bolt on the TSX, but if you have done your research b4 and looking for pure performance, you wouldn't be throwing 5grand for N/A. Go for Comptech S/C and you will get into low 14s, and out power everyone here.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Racer

The RSX trans will do something. Shorter gears = better acceleration at the cost of top speed and fuel economy at your normal driving speeds. Now, the FG Civic Si (the new one) trans is sweet. Only problem is that it will def. wind out the TSX motor and you'd be shifting A LOT. Maybe the EP3 (the civic SI van ) trans would be a good compromise. Not sure of the gearing but i'd assume it'a bit shorter then the TSX plus it's a 5 speed to you'd be shifting less. One shift in a race can make a big diff. in the end. and 5 gears would tech. save you some time over a 6 speed even if it's only .001 of a second. In my '07 Si, the trans was perfect for keeping the motor above 6000 rpms in just about every gear. Personally, that trans. in my TSX would prob piss me off since the TSX has a decent set of legs on it. I like being able to do the speed limit on the highway and my car doesn't sound like the motor is going all out.
I def. agree that the gains from a TB really arn't worth the cost, not yet anyways, but if the TB was free or super cheap, I'd do it as well. hell every 1-2 hp counts even on a base street car.
As far as throwing money at the car to find out what works what doesn't, I really appreciate that. 1 it's not my money so i get to find out what works what doesn't before i buy parts or put together something. 2- it's good to see people trying new things instead of being like every other cookie cutter car out there where the only diff. in the cars is the color and the tires and wheels. We all know what works and what doesn't on a civic, evo, sti etc.. Come up with something new already. An extreme example of something new would be the Supra that Top Secret put the V12 in. Now THAT is sweet. If not for any other reason then for being diff. Everybody knows how to make a supra fast, build it, boost the crap out of it, tune it and hit the gas and hope everything holds. Easy. Expensive but easy. Top Secret put something totally off the wall. Had no idea if it would work or not, they just went by the most basic principle in the entire auto world. Put a bigger motor in a car and hope it's faster. We all know they could have built a JZ that would destroy thier V12 but why do it when it's already been done before by thousands of shops. Hell, even thier 3sgte (turbo mr2 motor) swap in a Supra was wicked. Smaller motor but what they lost in engine size and power, they made up for by being able to put down every single piece of hp they made and balancing out the car to carry more speed through the corners which in turn makes the car faster in the straights.
Straight up and I don't care who you are, any of you would agree that the easy way to make power is by adding boost. We all know this. may not be the cheapest but it's the easiest. We all know, on a bone stock TSX, that if we spend the 4500 for the comptech supercharger, then we will end up with between xxx amount of horsepower. No qustion asked, we all know exactly where that supercharger would put us. Now take the TSX market. Intakes headers exhaust's etc.. We also all know that out of the products that are available which ones work, which ones don't, which makes the most which doesn't. This guy is atleast trying to see if maybe, just maybe there is something better out there to eek out that extra hp. may only be a small amount, but let's say he finds/builds something new that works, costs the same as everything else but makes 2 more hp at the wheels then anything else. Me personally, if it costs the same as the others but makes more power, may only be 1 or 2hp but it's still more, i'm going to go for that extra 1-2hp.
It's starting to annoy me how it's all turned into some cookie cutter bull sh*t. There's always something to learn and something better out there then what's already available. The TSX is not a civic. You cannot just go to walmart, pick up enough products to make 50hp and throw it on there and make it work. Honda has thrown something at us that we need to try to figure out and he's trying. Trial and error is the ONLY way to figure things out, why do you think ANY race car gets tuned then ran then retuned then re ran etc.. untill the crew gets the car to how they want. On paper it all looks great untill you try it, you won't know due to all the variables that paper can't show you. May cost money but what's going to happen if he figures something out that makes 5 hp and its cheap and easy ? Were all going to be asking what he did, how he did it etc... So back off the guy for trying. Bolting on the supercharger is an easy fix and a known fix to our lack of hp. I for one am glad somebody is taking the hard road even if some of the ideas may seem pointless or already proven. People like that are the basis for tuning, some just don't have the knowledge or the common sense to take full advantage of thier idea's.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Racer

holy crap that looks like a huge paragraph. Sorry about that guys. I agree that some of the stuff he has done or is talking about seems a bit asanine (sp?) but atleast he is trying and you can't knock somebody for that.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by chuson
To UNEVAKNO:

1) The CAT-BACK exhaust will NOT add much whp/wtq on the TSX, which is right. However, the Intake, Header, and High-flow Cat will free up quite a bit of whp/wtq. Somewhere up to 10-15whp/8-10wtq. For a 04-05 that's it.

2) I don't understand how you can run your 05 ECU w/ 06 motor. How will the ECU act with the following differences?
- Intake valve + 1 mm oversize
- Intake cam High lift lobe with 0.9 mm more lift and 12 degrees more duration
- Throttle body increased from 60-64mm
- Radius on some intake pipes increased from 70-80mm
- Stronger connecting rods
- New crankshaft with more counterbalance weight
- Revised pistons with more valve-piston clearance
just to name a few....

3) You can throw whatever info you got here, but getting the RSX tranny won't help much at all, it's questionable if you can swap in the 06si LSD. TB is kinda useless unless you can pair that w/ RBC IM and have at least stage1/2 cam, but then the TSX will NEVER be able to run K-Pro, at least for this moment.

It's alot of money just to bolt on the TSX, but if you have done your research b4 and looking for pure performance, you wouldn't be throwing 5grand for N/A. Go for Comptech S/C and you will get into low 14s, and out power everyone here.
1) I agree depending on the product
2)Beats the shit outta me! But Hondata said it will and by golly it did.
3)The 1st to 2nd gear exchange is the problem and the gears/LSD will go right in trust me / the flywheel/ other parts in my car are for a RSX
Once you change that TB to Cable driven / RSX ecu/ the KPRO will work fine and then you can run RSX head/valve springs and/or cams

As for the supercharged TSX........with the right parts you can out run that N/A

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSITIVE INPUT SIR
Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Racer

holy crap that looks like a huge paragraph. Sorry about that guys. I agree that some of the stuff he has done or is talking about seems a bit asanine (sp?) but atleast he is trying and you can't knock somebody for that.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSITIVE INPUT SIR

WOW that was a novel but very good info. indeed!! The gearing would yield some loss up top if you change the whole tranny not just specific gears which are very expensive. Who cares the car shuts down at 146 anyway and nobody has cracked the code. The Civic SI LSD will work and will cost depending who you know ranging 600-800. I am different as far as cars go I stand out sometimes because I am not afraid to try new things. Back in the early 90's I had the 1st Honda Accord non-VTEC 2.2 that was running high 14's I raced one of the first B18 civic swaps to hit the street race scene and beat it by a hair. That race put me on the map out on the streets. I was part of the reason the owner of Inline Pro (John) started to go more towards performance/racing instead of just rims/intakes/ exhaust when the shop was called APA. I just wanted more and more parts! If I had a endless or should I say careless budget I would have a amazingly fast TSX but I dont. Give me a sponsor and I would be you guys hero.
I started this thread because I am not satisfied but amazed that with the little mods I have done the car is actually a second faster that is hard to do with out some power adder (NOS/Turbo/ s/c)
Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Racer

I feel ya on that sponsor thing.Currently i'm working with addco, goodridge, tokico and some others on developing parts for the tsx to increase the product availability for the car.
My first modded car was an '87 honda prelude non si. 1.8L dual carbs etc.. i developed a supsension setup for tokico, eibach and ground-control which is still currently available. I also helped come develop products such as a cam, clutch and flywheel among other things for this car. I autocrossed it here on the east coast in DSP and it was a shocker to see people tell me it couldn't be done and then see what i had done. Actually the car was sold to a guy named Chris who recently had his '87 prelude featured in import tuner magazine. He's using alot of my setup on his chassis and he's doing pretty good with it so far.
I've always been hardcore road racer so my projects lean towards that more then anything. Never been into drag racing that much but i've ran several of my shops sub 11 second cars and honestly, anything slower then atleast a 12 to me is too slow to go in a straight line. i need curvs in the road, hence my screen name. That's just my opinion but i def. wish you luck on your project and keep the updates coming.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Racer

I feel ya on that sponsor thing.Currently i'm working with addco, goodridge, tokico and some others on developing parts for the tsx to increase the product availability for the car.
My first modded car was an '87 honda prelude non si. 1.8L dual carbs etc.. i developed a supsension setup for tokico, eibach and ground-control which is still currently available. I also helped come develop products such as a cam, clutch and flywheel among other things for this car. I autocrossed it here on the east coast in DSP and it was a shocker to see people tell me it couldn't be done and then see what i had done. Actually the car was sold to a guy named Chris who recently had his '87 prelude featured in import tuner magazine. He's using alot of my setup on his chassis and he's doing pretty good with it so far.
I've always been hardcore road racer so my projects lean towards that more then anything. Never been into drag racing that much but i've ran several of my shops sub 11 second cars and honestly, anything slower then atleast a 12 to me is too slow to go in a straight line. i need curvs in the road, hence my screen name. That's just my opinion but i def. wish you luck on your project and keep the updates coming.

Thats good shit man! My 94 Accord was the test mule for Gude Bullfrog's first ECU / cam combo for a non-vtec 2.2. The 1st ecu had the firing order all screwed up and the car ran like it had a blown head gasket. I sent it back and return right that time. The car was sick ! It was as fast as a H22 prelude with I/E
Old 10-17-2007, 01:08 PM
B A N N E D

iono but all you gotta to do to stop this flamefest is post a time slip.. its like unspoken car forum law. you brag about a xx 1/4 time or xx hp number you post up timeslip/dyno

i dont know why you're being so secretive about it.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Drives With Hands

2)Beats the shit outta me! But Hondata said it will and by golly it did.
Weren't you the guy who has an 05 TSX but swapped in an 06 engine?

If you have an 05 TSX you'd need an 05 ECU to run all the gauges and stuff (06+ uses the CAN bus to talk to other modules, older ones don't), but if the 05 ECU was flashed with an 06 program to run an 06 engine, I don't see why it wouldn't work fine.

Is this what you did?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Yea i don't see how the car would work properly without the right engine/ecu paired together i mean the engines will work but you would lose alot of guages and features...
im running an 04 ecu but its exactly the same as a 05
Old 10-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rmpage
Weren't you the guy who has an 05 TSX but swapped in an 06 engine?

If you have an 05 TSX you'd need an 05 ECU to run all the gauges and stuff (06+ uses the CAN bus to talk to other modules, older ones don't), but if the 05 ECU was flashed with an 06 program to run an 06 engine, I don't see why it wouldn't work fine.

Is this what you did?
I had my 05 ecu reflashed for the 05 engine and when the 06 motor was being swapped I called Hondata to see if I needed a new ecu or the existing ecu reflashed and they said no the 05 reflash will work with the 06 motor. And it works fine and there are no problems. The VTEC engagement actually feels more aggressive.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Special-K

I had my 05 ecu reflashed for the 05 engine and when the 06 motor was being swapped I called Hondata to see if I needed a new ecu or the existing ecu reflashed and they said no the 05 reflash will work with the 06 motor. And it works fine and there are no problems. The VTEC engagement actually feels more aggressive.
Interesting....
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
omg... no wonder this thread made to the third page... i stopped reading it after the first page...

Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by minkl81
omg... no wonder this thread made to the third page... i stopped reading it after the first page...

Woooow !!!!! Thank you sir for your input. You are todays winner pal !!!!

Somebody give him a permanent expense paid trip to any third world country of his choice and leave me the keys to his TL type S he wont need it.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
CL9 ABP

I wondering did you change anything else than the engine, like the throttlebody?
if so i wonder if the ecu is reading 06 maps or 05 maps...

Then i wonder if the car is actually learning the unrestrictive new engine and running great or just running partial.

Any more details about the engine swap?
and the reflash
Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
I wondering did you change anything else than the engine, like the throttlebody?
if so i wonder if the ecu is reading 06 maps or 05 maps...

Then i wonder if the car is actually learning the unrestrictive new engine and running great or just running partial.

Any more details about the engine swap?
and the reflash
You have a very good question sir. The engine is completely stock except for the headers / fuel rail. The TB is stock 64mm slightly larger than the 05 60mm TB. The 05 ecu must have learned or just functions the same as the 06 because it runs perfect.

As for as details about the swap ........be specific and I can answer your question.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Admiral Crunch

Originally Posted by KingTSX
haha, thats fantastic.

also, please, stop calling your friends, "your boys". laaaame.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by teomcdohl
haha, thats fantastic.

also, please, stop calling your friends, "your boys". laaaame.

Thank you sir for your participation and for your efforts to correct our bad grammar. You should devote your talents to help low income communties and third world countries!

Hold that plane we have a second winner !!!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:02 PM
CL9 ABP

Well that sounds great than hope theres no further problems.

I wanted to try something like that but i figured it be too complicated for a shop to even comprehend the idea of swapping an engine from 05-06.

Its already hard enough for some of the places to ask them to do installs...
Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 PM
B A N N E D

^ thats why i just rent out a lift and do everything that i can possibly do by myself
Old 10-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by hyunk24a2
^ thats why i just rent out a lift and do everything that i can possibly do by myself
Thats a good idea! Where can you rent a lift? What area are you living?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Instructor

I went to the local drag strip and found that right combo to drop into the high 14 second range and it could have went faster. I had serious traction issues in 1st gear. My slowest time was a 15.2 but the car really needs slicks now. Either the rpms were to high it would blow out the 1st gear or too low so it would bite soo hard it would bog down/pick up again. It was too crowded and not enough time to get it right. But I will go back. I know the car can run mid to low 14's I just can put all the power to the ground with street tires. The car is soo strong now that it loses traction in 1st gear when the VTEC kicks in at 5 grand.Its has a very impressive 60-120 pull , enough to pull away from a late model G35 with exhaust / intake.

reaction time .589
60ft - 2.194
330 - 6.348
1/8 - 9.722
mph - 73.66
1000 - 12.574
1/4 - 14.868
mph - 94.41
WHAAAATTTT???????????? Are you on crack, pull away from late G35 with exhaust and intake, bullshit.Don't talk shit like that, cause you gonna get owned
Old 10-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by tommy020
WHAAAATTTT???????????? Are you on crack, pull away from late G35 with exhaust and intake, bullshit.Don't talk shit like that, cause you gonna get owned

I must be on crack if crack makes me see my car pulling from a G35 from a 65mph roll. I honestly didnt believe it myself but it happened. This guy picked the race with me so I would hope that his car was mechanically sound and he meant business because I did. I dont know what I have stumbled on folks but the combo of mods I have has my car running very good from mid-range to top end. I just recently had all this work done so as soon as I can get video of these races I will let you see them. I just dont ride around with video cams.

You are the one that is shocked when the big muscle head that gets knocked out by the little skinny dude.You better believe in the unexpected.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
hmm just to add:

2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

0-60 6.2 sec
1/4 mi: 14.7 sec
(Road & Track, July of 07)

That's bone flippin stock!!!! So stock that guy should have tied you, with exhaust and intake he should have beat you. Must not have been serious.

Green line: custom cat back only, max power = 243.01, you're barely pushing 200! Come on already
Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Special-K

You cant go off of that dyno graph unless you have this guys TSX dyno graph... because as you can see.. this G35 is making max power at 6,000rpms let alone the torque differences.. while the TSX should be making max HP around 7,300rpms and torque falling way off and no where near 200wtq. So regardless the G35 would be so far ahead! And that 14.7 in the 1/4 mile was done by a sedan..not the coupe! the coupe makes alot more power than the sedan!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by clee109
hmm just to add:

2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

0-60 6.2 sec
1/4 mi: 14.7 sec
(Road & Track, July of 07)

That's bone flippin stock!!!! So stock that guy should have tied you, with exhaust and intake he should have beat you. Must not have been serious.

Green line: custom cat back only, max power = 243.01, you're barely pushing 200! Come on already
Point taken...But what does this have to do with after the 1/4 mile. I already explained that with a change in 1/2 gear ratios my car should do better than a 14.7 easy. My car makes up for the lag in 1/4 mile time after that distance. Do your homework son ..... the motor / mods I have is pushing over 200 hp. My car weighs just over 3100 lbs. and even if I was "barely pushing 200" that is enough hp to move that weight briskly.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Special-K

Point taken...But what does this have to do with after the 1/4 mile. I already explained that with a change in 1/2 gear ratios my car should do better than a 14.7 easy. My car makes up for the lag in 1/4 mile time after that distance. Do your homework son ..... the motor / mods I have is pushing over 200 hp. My car weighs just over 3100 lbs. and even if I was "barely pushing 200" that is enough hp to move that weight briskly.
I cant see your car weighing in at 3100..i remember last time i ran over the weigh station and it read 3600+... no way you in your car is 400lbs. less than me in my TSX.. and i weigh 180lbs. also.

Quick Reply: I finally got my 6MT into the 14's.........Hoorah!!!