Originally Posted by spoiledkari
Yeah, I actually checked that first. This problem comes and goes and it seems to be weather related.
Thanks for the suggestion!
If at all weather related, try the following :
Take out the switch and see if there is any residue of oil etc and wipe it off. Could also use a hairdryer and blow hot air and wipe off. Check the contacts as when cold, some oils form a film when hardened.
Or else doe not work, get a replacement switch to be send to you by post... 1hr drive for a faulty switch ain't worth it...