04 TSX stock RADIO - code error.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 TSX stock RADIO - code error.

Hey guys,
Im having an issue with my radio. I was hit in the rear left door, and the repairs came out to be about $3500. When i got the car back, the navi and radio kept asking me for a code (looks like he disconnected the battery for a while). I have the manual that tells me what my radio and navi code is however the navi code works fine but my radio code keeps giving me an error. When i took my car to acura, they say that if the code doesnt work that it most likley doesnt belong to my radio. Acura says that there is a possibility that they swaped out into a new factory radio and never wrote down the new code anywhere. Acura says that they are able to take the radio out and run the sn thru some data base to see if they can get the correct code for me however that will cost me 100+ dollars. If i was 100 percent sure that this code was wrong and that there is a new code for this radio then i would not mind paying the costs. however what i dont understand is, I was given one manual... on that same manual is both the codes for the navi and the radio.. I dont understand how the navi code will work find but the radio code written on the manual doesnt work. Has anyone run into this same or similar issue? or know anything that can be done in this situation? please let me know, ANY help will be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
-Joe
Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
eg5
user title goes here

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
shoot me a pm
Old 04-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Cruisin'

im sorry..
im a beginner with forums... but its not letting me pm. either im just a noob and i dont know how.. or its not giving me access to because im new to the forum?
Old 04-03-2010, 12:51 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
how are you trying to set the code
Old 04-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Cruisin'

i use the right dial to set it to the correct number and push to dial down to enter the number in. and i repeat those steps until it displays CODE. someone said maybe im trying it too fast.. so he said wait a couple seconds after I enter each number in. however that doesnt work either. then i tried to reset the radio again by unplugging my battery for a while so that it resets the system again, and tried to code over. it still doesnt work. does it seem like im doing something wrong? please let me know if you feel that i am, i am willing to try any suggestions. thank you!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by myfirsttsx
i use the right dial to set it to the correct number and push to dial down to enter the number in. and i repeat those steps until it displays CODE. someone said maybe im trying it too fast.. so he said wait a couple seconds after I enter each number in. however that doesnt work either. then i tried to reset the radio again by unplugging my battery for a while so that it resets the system again, and tried to code over. it still doesnt work. does it seem like im doing something wrong? please let me know if you feel that i am, i am willing to try any suggestions. thank you!
after you get code then enter the last # then push the dial in. I had problems at first because I pushed the button in before I entered the last #
Old 04-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Cruisin'

yeah i think the code is 5 digits long. the first number displays "C" the second number displays "O" and so on. the 4th digit displays "E" and the last number is basically the number that enters the code in. Is this correct? but after i enter my last code... i get error instead of my radio working again
Old 04-04-2010, 05:55 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by myfirsttsx
yeah i think the code is 5 digits long. the first number displays "C" the second number displays "O" and so on. the 4th digit displays "E" and the last number is basically the number that enters the code in. Is this correct? but after i enter my last code... i get error instead of my radio working again
that is correct-I think you have 3 chances and then it locks up-you then have to wait (not sure how long) to try again
Old 04-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Cruisin'

sigh.. this is really stressing. I guess i'm just going to have to either purchase a new factory unit or aftermarket. I just didnt want my navi to stop working once ichanged it to a aftermarket head unit. Anyways, i want to thank you to all who tried to help me with this issue.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 PM
eg5
user title goes here

if your going to do this, why not pay the hr checkout time so the dealer could "pull" your serial number and find the correct code for your radio. clearly this radio is not the original. reason being your original code does not work.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Cruisin'

becuse he told me it was not guaranteed. if the code did end up being the right code, then that 107 dollars were paid for nothing and i have to purchase a new radio on top of that. so its not clear to me that this radio is not the original yet. im just hoping to save myself from having to spend any extra money. it might sound cheap, but im a fulltime college student and full time worker and all my money is spent on this car, insurance and classes. so id rather just go with the safer choice and start out with buying a new radio
Old 04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
eg5
user title goes here

...disconect your cars battery for a minute or two
Reconnect battery
Step inside car
Radio off, press and hold number 1 and number 6 then push radio on/off button.
See all those numbers and letters that come on? Write them exactly in the same order and post them here. Please note the numbers will start cycling over.
Gl
Old 04-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Cruisin'

i tried following your steps, the only problem i seem to run into is :
" press and hold number 1 and number 6 "- i was assuming you meant the numbers for the disc changing right? however mine is /w navi and the cd changing numbers are displayed on the screen. is there an alternative for w/navi?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
eg5
user title goes here

Oh carp never thought about that one there. So shouldn't the navi and radio codes be the same?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by eg5
Oh carp never thought about that one there. So shouldn't the navi and radio codes be the same?
the navi has 4 numbers and the radio code has 5-
Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 PM
eg5
user title goes here

okay. try this then; make sure audio is off(screen doesnt ask for code) now press and hold the right halves of seek/skip and ch/disc bars and select the on button. if you see a code right it down and post it
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 AM
10th Gear

What I usually do is disconnect my battery for about 10-20 minutes, then I try again. Usually you have to type it in pretty quick.
If youre slow, it wont work.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by eg5
okay. try this then; make sure audio is off(screen doesnt ask for code) now press and hold the right halves of seek/skip and ch/disc bars and select the on button. if you see a code right it down and post it
I'm new to the forum...came across this post performing a google search on how to fix the radio in my '04 tsx (non-navi). I used up my 10 tries and now it is stuck in "ERRE" mode (I don't know why my anti-theft codes aren't working). I performed the diagnostic and the radio displayed "U 1800 L 2257". Now what??
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
4th Gear

Before you go and buy a new radio, have you disconnected the antenna? I have the exact same year tsx and exact same problem problem. Mine just came back from the body shop after a fender bender and I can't get my radio to hook up either. Keep getting the 'Err'. I know my code is right however because two months ago I changed the battery and used it!

I've been seeing some threads were TL's are having this issue. People have been removing the antenna and inputting the code. Something to do with the radio/FM frequency messing up the code recognition. It seems to fix the issue. I want to do that only problem I can't seem to find where the panel is to find the antenna cable in the TSX.

Anyone got any advice there?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:15 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by dubcz
I'm new to the forum...came across this post performing a google search on how to fix the radio in my '04 tsx (non-navi). I used up my 10 tries and now it is stuck in "ERRE" mode (I don't know why my anti-theft codes aren't working). I performed the diagnostic and the radio displayed "U 1800 L 2257". Now what??
mine said U1001 L2573, now what??
Old 09-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
then you call the dealer .. basically U1001 L2573 is the radio serial number. translated to 10012573. U is first half and L is second half of serial number for radio. drop the letter and you get the number. call the dealer and they can run it and they can get your radio code.

it's simple .. shouldnt cost you anything at all. I use to work at firestone and i call the dealer all the time for the code when customer doesnt have it.

oh .. every time you disconnect the battery .. i havent check .. but you dont have to wait x minute to be able to enter code.

serial number for nav units can be found in the Navi.ECU screen.

Last edited by xaznperswaesonx; 09-11-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Burning Brakes

----------------------------------------------------------
to get to the Navi.ECU screen (taken from service manual):

Turn the ignition switch to on (II)
a. if the battery has not been disconnected, then press and hold Menu, Map/Guide, and Cancel buttons. Keep them pressed for approximately 5 seconds. The Display screen then goes directly to the "Select Diagnosis Items" menu.
b. if the battery was disconnected and reconnected prior to this test, hold down the Menu and Zoom Out button. You will see the "navi system Link" screen. Push the joystick to go directly to the "select diagnosis items" menu.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Select Diagnosis items > Navi system> navi.ecu is the directory.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:56 AM
3rd Gear

does anyone know where the factory amp is in a 04 tsx?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
10th Gear

curious minds want to know
Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 AM
2nd Gear

Does anyone know where to access the panel cable in an Acura TSX (Non-navi)
Old 03-31-2011, 12:34 AM
2nd Gear

Please I need help getting my radio code

Does anyone know how to do this. I got the numbers from holding 1 and 6
Old 03-31-2011, 10:53 AM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
I disagree on the 1-6 code method. That would render the whole thing moot, anyone could find the code...of course, Honda/Acura putting a label with the code in the car is just as bad...

Now, thinking about this, I guess, if the unit is still OK, it might let you see the code by the 1-6 method...as long as it isn't asking for the code...shrug...
Old 03-31-2011, 11:02 AM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
OK...1-6 method enters self-diagnostic function mode...

NAVI...do this by switching ignition on, pressing and holding "SEEK SKIP" and "CH DISC" buttons and then pressing "Vol push PWR" knob while still holding the others...when you release, you are in this mode. Mode terminates when you switch key or audio unit off.

non-NAVI...do this by switching ignition on, pressing and holding "1" and "6" buttons and then pressing "Vol push PWR" knob while still holding the others...when you release, you are in this mode. Mode terminates when you switch key or audio unit off.

"ERRE" means 10 tries to enter code failed...pull fuse #5 in the under-dash fuse box and reinsert...you get 10 more tries.

BTW, in the dia. mode...button "AM FM" or "3" lights all LCD and button "CD/AUX" or "4" turns them all off...lets you check function.

There is no mention of the code being displayed in this mode, but who knows....
Old 09-04-2011, 10:26 PM
6th Gear

Stuck Error code on radio

Same Problem here, and no wreck to blame it on, no matter what method I use in the manual. Replaced car battery,entered my only radio code, and err1 and all the way to err10 then locks. Removed battery cable, and put it back on and am able to get another 10 tries, but will not accept the code. No. Replacement of the radio has taken place. Digital clock will not set either. Turn on radio, clock goes off. No idea what cause problem. Drive it around right now without radio, or clock set. Any other ideas?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Orlyv
Same Problem here, and no wreck to blame it on, no matter what method I use in the manual. Replaced car battery,entered my only radio code, and err1 and all the way to err10 then locks. Removed battery cable, and put it back on and am able to get another 10 tries, but will not accept the code. No. Replacement of the radio has taken place. Digital clock will not set either. Turn on radio, clock goes off. No idea what cause problem. Drive it around right now without radio, or clock set. Any other ideas?
You can't reset the clock because your radio is locked out. Think about it..... the radio/cd player won't work so why could you use any of the other functions? I'm convinced the "clock" is actually part of the radio and the dash display is just that: a display. Can't help you with the code problem though......
Old 09-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Simba91102
You can't reset the clock because your radio is locked out. Think about it..... the radio/cd player won't work so why could you use any of the other functions? I'm convinced the "clock" is actually part of the radio and the dash display is just that: a display. Can't help you with the code problem though......
My radio is locked out but i can set the clock. Might be because mines with navi and maybe yours is without navi? i dont think the clock is a part of the radio, it just uses the radio knobs to set the time and since you cant get passed the error code its not letting you get to the part were you set the time. im not sure, thats just my guess. I never had this issue resolved, my navi code works so im able to work my navi, so i just decided to get an aftermarket stereo instead. getting one of those dvd ones. if you want i can post how that works out for me once i get it done.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:21 PM
8th Gear

I'm replying to this thread because we have the exact same problem. The battery was replaced and we used the codes that came with the car. The NAV is functioning and the radio isn't. Everything is original. An IPOD cable was added but it doesn't go through the radio. Any ideas where to begin? Should I try to remove the antennae?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Burning Brakes

do the diag step as said above posts. once you get the number, drop the letter and then call the dealer ship you purchase the car from, assuming you bought it brand new. otherwise call any dealer and see if they can run that serial number and provide you with the radio code
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by xaznperswaesonx
do the diag step as said above posts. once you get the number, drop the letter and then call the dealer ship you purchase the car from, assuming you bought it brand new. otherwise call any dealer and see if they can run that serial number and provide you with the radio code
How about that....the steps produced a different SN and the code we got from the dealer worked! Thanks!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:09 PM
6th Gear

Smile Using every suggestion given......

So some how the radio code given in the owners book/papers that came with the car, aren't working any more? Even the dealer could't explain it. Turns out using the codes that come up with the the buttons, gave the dealer the code that came up and POW! Got the new codes, and now it works! We have been the old codes since we got the car. Don't know how or why it changed, but it did. Case closed for us.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Perhaps the radio got replaced because of a failure. The original papers contain the radio unlock code for a radio that is not in the car.

I would suspect that the radio electronic serial number is permanent and cannot be changed. The dealer has access to a program/database that calculates the unlock code from the serial number of the radio.

Last edited by darowa; 09-19-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Code Error...Anyone Help???

My code from pressing "1" and "6" at the same time is...
U1900
L6428

anyone know what the code would be??

thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 07:38 PM
1st Gear

Solution : - https://radio-navicode.acura.com/
Old 03-17-2012, 02:45 PM
2nd Gear

2004 Acura TSX Radio Code

I have a 2004 Acura TSX and I recently had to change the battery for a new one. I now need the radio code. The radio serial is: U 1800 L 4311. If anyone could send the radio code to my email address it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by Dvcphoto92
I have a 2004 Acura TSX and I recently had to change the battery for a new one. I now need the radio code. The radio serial is: U 1800 L 4311. If anyone could send the radio code to my email address it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to the forums.

You will have better luck following the instructions in this thread.

I doubt that anyone will send the radio code to someone who posts in a forum and asks for it. No offense meant but everyone is so suspicious these days.

Quick Reply: 04 TSX stock RADIO - code error.