Hi I'm Adam and this is my '05 TSX with 231k miles.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 06:33 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I'm Adam and this is my '05 TSX with 231k miles.

Hey AcuraZine! I've been lurking here for a while and wanted to make a proper introduction thread. I recently inherited my family's one owner, 231k mile '05 TSX, and I'm ready to start messing with it. I'm 16, this is my first car, and I couldn't be happier. My TSX has been parked in my garage for as long as I can humanly remember; this is the car that 4 year old me fell in love with, and created a lasting hobby. It's pretty special to me and I hope you like these pictures I took. These were a "spur of the moment" kind of thing so it isn't the cleanest but I'm happy with how it turned out. After the pictures I'll talk a bit about what mods I've done/plan to do. Enjoy!

Right after a quick rinse

One of my favorite angles on the TSX

Nothing too interesting here, just my LED backup lights

Leather is in good condition but I'm planning on hitting it with some Leatherique soon to soften it

The auto tranny is a huge disappointment but it's been reliable. Otherwise everything is in good condition, better than used TSXes I see on the internet for sure

Everything works perfectly. Small crack on the right side of passenger airbag; hoping that doesnt expand

231,048 miles. What a car.

Headlights look clearer in person, but the HIDs are great and the fogs really add to the look.

USASpec iPod interface works great with a 30-pin to Lightning adapter

Smoke vinyl on domelights with LEDs, unique look

Smoke vinyl on domelights with LEDs, unique look

TL-S Switchblade Full Service from HeelToe. Can't recommend them enough! Best mod I've done so far.

Little bit dirty but the engine runs smooth. You might notice a few things that are different, see below
Mods so far:
- K2Motor Fogs
Easy install, informative YouTube video. The kit I got was slightly different than the one in the video but it was clearly labeled and simple to understand. Highly recommend this kit for anyone considering OEM or OEM-style fogs, the difference it makes in the car's appearance from the front is much bigger than it would seem. Really makes the front seem more aggressive.
- Chrome OEM center caps
I got these off eBay for $40. Made my money back selling the old ones. I think these are from an RL but they also match my family's RDX center caps. Simple and makes the rims look newer.
- Chrome Hood Trim
Got this aftermarket piece for ~$30 to replace the rock-chipped old trim piece on the hood. Fits well, would recommend. Wanted this so that in the future if I want to paint match the other one I can.
- Headlight restoration (Sylvania kit)
This went okay but I might be looking into another kit in the future. Definitely requires elbow grease and while the headlights look 10x better they are a bit hazy at some angles.
- LED Backup Lights and Sidemarkers
2 of the sidemarkers burnt out so I replaced them all with LEDs. Reds in the back, Whites in the front (white LED in housing looks more yellowish than OEM orange). Also have nice and bright LED backup lights with smoke vinyl over the reflectors (mimics 06-08), brighter than stock with the right bulb.
- Door striker covers
You can see these in the interior shots, got all 4 for like $3, cleans up the door jamb area (looks like the oem RLX latch now). Just had to bend the plastic a little bit for a snug fit.
- TL-S switchblade from HeelToe
Favorite mod so far. Awesome key and the service from HeelToe was incredible. I went with the most expensive "full service" option and couldn't be happier.
- USASpec iPod interface
I didn't do this, my dad did but I'm happy it works with my phone with the 30-pin to Lightning adapter flawlessly. Seems to be picky about the bitrate of the song for the best quality, I set my Spotify on extreme for streaming, stock stereo sounds pretty damn good.
- Painted some engine bay parts
You probably saw that my prop rod is red and that my battery tiedown is silver. Both of these were beginning to rust, so I sanded them down and hit them with some Rustoleum. Prop rod came out perfect, tiedown is less than perfect but generally okay.
- Dr. Colorchip (rock chips)
Little bit disappointing. The paint they provide has a slightly larger amount of metallic flakes, so it works well for small chips but makes large chips more obvious. Worked okay on the plastic bumper but the actual pitting from the chips is still there. Works awfully on the factory primer but worked fantastically on my mirrors. Not work the $75 I paid tho, they give you way less blending solution than you need, the process of application is difficult (not as much as touchup paint, but still) and the packaging was very "slapped together" for the price.
- Projector Courtesy Lights
Got these off of eBay. they're the ones that project a logo on the ground but I took out the little "acura" film so they're just white now. REALLY lights up the puddles. Paid ~$19
- Got rid of the 'LEV" sticker

Purchased/soon to be done:
- Leatherique Rejuvenator
- Aluminum Pedals
- eBay lip Spoiler
- Glossy black vinyl window trim?
- Intake resonator delete/DIY intake
- 06-08 Low Profile Wiper Arms
- Blackout center chrome trim (grille)

Long term stuff:
- Hondata Reflash
- CT Icebox? (maybe)
- Coilovers or A-Spec suspension kit
- PlastiDip wheels Anthracite Grey with Silver and Bronze metalizer and glossifier
- Civic Hybrid LED third brake light
- LED turn signal indicators and maybe brake lights
- Hondata gasket

Last edited by AdamAcidic; 09-10-2016 at 06:36 PM. Reason: formatting error
Old 09-10-2016, 06:37 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the inheritance!
Old 09-15-2016, 11:48 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
looks great!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
Welcome! Sure looks good for its age and mileage!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:02 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
what a clean example of a car!!
Old 04-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
That is really nice. Of course, I am a little biased being the owner of a 2005 TSX. ;-) By the way, you are really really lucky if this is going to be your very first car!