K24A2 All motor build questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K24A2 All motor build questions

Ok so have some questions and concerns about a build I'm contemplating. I'll start from the beginning. My stock engine in my 04 TSX has a very bad gas smell in the oil and in my oil catch can there is this brownish gunk in there with the oil and smells a lot like gas. The car is running fine with a minor loss of power and is currently parked. I haven't done a compression check yet which is on my list of things to do but everyone I have talked to says that the rings are bad! The current mods for the sake of argument that are currently installed are DC headers, Random Technologies high flow cat, Skunk2 cat back exhaust, Skunk2 intake manifold, Skunk2 fuel rail, Grams throttle body, and custom 3" short ram made from intercooler piping (to match throttle body size).

With that being said, I have been looking into different brands of upgrade parts such as Brian Crower, Skunk2, Drag Cartel, 4Piston, and others. I have kind of settled on a full Brian Crower build. This includes stage 3 cams, dual valve spring kit, keepers, stock size valves, guides, lightweight rods, 12.5 pistons, head gasket, arp studs, and acl race bearings all from BC. I also plan on getting a 45* vtc and flash pro. I do like the idea of having as many parts from the same brand possible because I know they are meant to work well together. Also thinking about taking it to 8000RPM and vtec at 5k.

My question is will there be any Piston to valve contact or valve to valve contact with the vtc at 45* and having 12.5 pistons and taking it to 8000RPM?

I have searched a little on Google but haven't found any determinative answers so naturally here I am lol. any other input on this build is welcomed!!

This is and will continue to be a daily driven car once the build is done.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Ask on k20a