Just bought a 2006 Acura TSX minor issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:32 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a 2006 Acura TSX minor issues

I just found a great deal on a 2006 Acura TSX Navi, it's got 133k miles and only one owner. No accidents, the interior is clean, air works great good for Florida. The engine runs fine but my issues are minor the front and rear of car emblem are either missing or damaged. Now the rear emblem is easy just got pop the A on right? But on front grille emblem its all torn up I would like to buy replacement part for it. I was looking around and I can not tell if I have to remove my bumper or just screw off some things on top of the engine. The problem is my apartment complex admins are jerks and won't let me work on the cars. So I want it to be minimal as possible to not deal with them.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:51 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,510 Likes on 1,178 Posts
Here is a YouTube for removing the front bumper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18je5MqIeM8

I was looking at this video because I was thinking about updating the HIDs to OSRAMs 5000k bulbs on my 06 TSX. At around 4:45, they remove the front grill of the TSX (two plastic clips and slides out from the bottom). Looks like you may not have to remove the front bumper to take the grill off. One thing I did when I had to follow the same bumper removal procedures when upgrading my RDX HIDs to OSRAM bulbs was to purchase extra plastic clips from Amazon. About a 1/4 of the old clips were already damaged, broke during bumper removal, or just too loose to hold everything in place.

Disco Automotive 8119 Black Nylon Push type retainer, Amazon, $25.

Last edited by mrgold35; 02-06-2017 at 01:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MrBrac (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
Here is a YouTube for removing the front bumper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18je5MqIeM8

I was looking at this video because I was thinking about updating the HIDs to OSRAMs 5000k bulbs on my 06 TSX. At around 4:45, they remove the front grill of the TSX (two plastic clips and slides out from the bottom). Looks like you may not have to remove the front bumper to take the grill off. One thing I did when I had to follow the same bumper removal procedures when upgrading my RDX HIDs to OSRAM bulbs was to purchase extra plastic clips from Amazon. About a 1/4 of the old clips were already damaged, broke during bumper removal, or just too loose to hold everything in place.

Disco Automotive 8119 Black Nylon Push type retainer, Amazon, $25.
Thanks looks like I can do it.