96 2.5 tl 5cyl

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 2.5 tl 5cyl

Hello im a owner of a 96 tl 2.5 tl 5 cyl the car has 180k i bought the car for 200 bucks had to put harmonic balancer and alt. On it the cra ran great gor about two months untill one day i really got into the pedal on it i was going hard for about 5 miles stop and go traffic in the city but it ran good than the chexk engin light came on and it had now power to the pedal it will go hust feels like a truck pulling behind it it revs up high before it shifts ive been on this fourm for days noe along with other s trying to find answers ive had the cat checked the said it was blown outand pieces where in the muffler .lol but i changet the plugs and distibuter tje car is pickey about when it wants to act up because for the moast part ut still rins and drives good for avout 5 miles or so than it want to act up its take high rpm for it to shift and when its in th gear its like fighting itself to stayin that gear ive cleand the egr put ive checked the tps the maf sensor it has like two tiny springs like inside one is clean and the other lookes kinda dark and maby chard. Idk but i unplug it while its rinning and it shuts off . any way ive seen simillar posts on this fourm im just wondering if anyone has found and answer to this puzzling. Problem
​​​​​​
Old 12-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Thread moved from Racing & Competition.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:50 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what codes did you get? run spell check plz. hard to read