Newbie looking for help--HVAC, windshield washer tank removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie looking for help--HVAC, windshield washer tank removal

Just bought a 2008 RDX and I have a couple of issues I'm hoping you guys can help me with. The first is with a leak coming from the windshield washer tank. Does the front bumper cover have to come off to get access to the tank? I worked on it yesterday and was able to remove all but one bolt securing the tank to the frame--at this point it looked like the only way to get access to that bolt was to remove the bumper cover. I ran out of time at that point so couldn't look for other ways to get to it so stopped. Any suggestions without removing the bumper? I downloaded a repair manual but it's missing two chapters--I'm guessing one of those shows how to remove this tank and would've answered my question.

The other issue is with the HVAC. With the dual temp set at 65, on a 70 degree day, I'm getting very warm air out of the vent next to the drivers door and the left center vent, and cool air coming out of the right center vent and the vent next to the passenger door. The only way to get cool air out of the drivers side vents is to lower the temp to 58. I'm also getting a squeaking sound from under the dash on the drivers side that doesn't stop unless I reduce the temp to about 58; if I increase it after that, higher than ~60 degrees the squeak comes back. I'm guessing the squeak is a vent door that isn't working, and that's also the cause of the temp issues. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 11-09-2016, 10:16 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ttt