Looking for FlashPro RDX beta testers

Old 08-23-2013, 05:10 PM
not an SUV ...a Big Hatch

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
I bet we will be very happy. here's to the future.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
great news! now all we need is a release time frame.. any idea what the hp was with all the mods and tune?
I'll be getting all of the dyno info once I pick up the car and will do a full write up with everything that I have permission to publish.

Exactamundo BigHatch - To the future, and a very fast one at that!
The following users liked this post:
BU (08-24-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Instructor

Picked up the 07 RDX today. At this time I'm not allowed to release any raw data until FlashPro has an official release date.

The RDX has 3" downpipe, 3" midpipe w/ hi flow cat, ETS intercooler, K&N intake, deatschworks 600cc injectors, TurboSmart BPV, and last but not least FlashPro.

I'm extremely satisfied with how everything turned out. The RDX is much faster, feels stronger, and has even power distribution throughout the entire RPM range. Without going into specifics, that's about all I'm able to say at this time.

A huge thanks to Hondata for making this happen. I'm looking forward to the release date as I'm sure all of you are too!
BU (08-27-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by user65
Picked up the 07 RDX today. At this time I'm not allowed to release any raw data until FlashPro has an official release date.

Sooo, the result was not that great? Why wouldn't they want to get people's interest going? Wow, bad marketing move.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Sooo, the result was not that great? Why wouldn't they want to get people's interest going? Wow, bad marketing move.
I've been told since day 1 before any testing was performed that I wasn't allowed to release any raw data until told to do so.

If I dropped every company that I had a less than pleasant experience with on the phone, then I'd be in the woods living in a tent.

I like you Mr. Marco. For instance, sometimes I only log in to see your avatar/signature change. But I wish you would look at your experience from an outsiders perspective, it's sort of immature how you're reacting to all of this.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:22 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
so you cant even say when a release date might happen? month or 2? winter? next year??
Old 08-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Instructor

so you cant even say when a release date might happen? month or 2? winter? next year??
It's best for Hondata to speculate on that, I wasn't given any information regarding the release date.

One thing is for sure, as soon as the release date is announced, I've been told I can release my writeup.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
sounds good enough to me. I'll be installing my ATLP exhaust tonight and a flashpro tune will make the car even sweeter.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The RDX has 3" downpipe, 3" midpipe w/ hi flow cat, ETS intercooler, K&N intake, deatschworks 600cc injectors, TurboSmart BPV, and last but not least FlashPro.
Where did you pick up your downpipe and midpipe from?

Which mods (besides the flashpro, of course), do you think made the greatest gains in usable power?

Lastly, which mods tend to compliment the FlashPro the best.

Last edited by rxtreme; 08-26-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Suzuka Master

I've been told since day 1 before any testing was performed that I wasn't allowed to release any raw data until told to do so.

If I dropped every company that I had a less than pleasant experience with on the phone, then I'd be in the woods living in a tent.

I like you Mr. Marco. For instance, sometimes I only log in to see your avatar/signature change. But I wish you would look at your experience from an outsiders perspective, it's sort of how you're reacting to all of this.
I've done many "immature" things here on AZ. My reaction to the poor product development and marketing process is warranted and documented (as you are well aware of). I suppose if they gave me a free FlashPro my attitude would be positive. However since I have been treated rudely by email and phone calls were never returned, I will continue to see any product or service they offer from a skeptical point of view.

I mean C'mon, if you went to a restaurant and the service was rude and late, would you recommend it to a friend?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Been excited for this and cant wait to start playing with my wifes RDX. Should be making up an intake and 2nd cat delete this week. Cant wait to start pushing it to the limits. I know Ill be ordering it as soon as its released.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Instructor

I've done many "immature" things here on AZ. My reaction to the poor product development and marketing process is warranted and documented (as you are well aware of). I suppose if they gave me a free FlashPro my attitude would be positive. However since I have been treated rudely by email and phone calls were never returned, I will continue to see any product or service they offer from a skeptical point of view.

I mean C'mon, if you went to a restaurant and the service was rude and late, would you recommend it to a friend?
Did you wait to try the food? If the food was outstanding and had lines out the door all day long, yes I'd still recommend a friend with the caveat of potential poor customer service. I sure wouldn't masquerade on forums hating on every aspect of the company.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Who cares what the food tastes like if the service is rude. I do not tolerate arrogant behavior from a service provider, I'll take my business elsewhere.

If you do, maybe you should to take a good hard look in the mirror.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I go to a restaurant to get food, not fret about the lowly paid server's mood.

Regardless, the positive attitude with all the mods makes me very excited indeed, especially the power band comment
Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Jitty
I go to a restaurant to get food, not fret about the lowly paid server's mood.

It's an analogy. You obviously haven't had real good service and hence don't appreciate the experience.

In reality there is little to no competition with Hondata. This is part of the reason they can, and probably will continue to, have a chip on thier shoulder.

Last edited by Mr Marco; 08-26-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rxtreme
Where did you pick up your downpipe and midpipe from?

Which mods (besides the flashpro, of course), do you think made the greatest gains in usable power?

Lastly, which mods tend to compliment the FlashPro the best.
down/mid was purchased privately from JCRDX11. You'll probably have to find a group buy or similar if you'd like to find one. But with FlashPro on the horizon, I wouldn't be surprised if someone came out with a set that is commercially available.

Downpipe was the most noticeable difference. I'd say ETS Intercooler second and Probably midpipe next. I think this is OK to publish, since it's a well known fact but the RDX suffers horribly under heat soak. So the intercooler plays a huge factor into feeling the HP. I have no way to determine fuel injectors since they were useless before the FlashPro.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Instructor

Who cares what the food tastes like if the service is rude. I do not tolerate arrogant behavior from a service provider, I'll take my business elsewhere.

If you do, maybe you should to take a good hard look in the mirror.
Well, when I go somewhere to eat, I go for the food. Not the service. So you're basically saying you would rather eat under par food if they provide better customer service. That just boggles the mind right there...

I own a small retail storefront and have a few websites. I provide nothing but excellent customer service to my clients. Just because my expectations of others is lower than I have for myself doesn't make me a bad person or look any worse in the mirror.

My 2 pennies; Hondata has been excellent upon every occasion of doing business with them. Before and after the FlashPro beta testing offer. They are a reputable company who delivers a product no one else can touch. I would only consider a company a scam and no longer do business with them if I was short changed or straight out hustled.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Instructor

It's an analogy. You obviously haven't had real good service and hence don't appreciate the experience.

In reality there is little to no competition with Hondata. This is part of the reason they can, and probably will continue to, have a chip on thier shoulder.
And vice versa. I jumped on board for the FlashPro beta testing for the product, not the customer service. Hondata has been amazing throughout the entire experience and it just sucks to see people who have distorted views of a company spread negativity where it's not necessary. Customer Service doesn't make a company, it makes it better.

In the end I think you are throwing a company under the bus for what appears to be an overreaction. You've sent me the thread and some other info, but unless there is more to it, I just think it's silly for what it is.

Also, if you think this is bad customer service, try working in the gun industry. There's a ton of friendly people here, just waiting to lose your business.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And vice versa. I jumped on board for the FlashPro beta testing for the product, not the customer service. Hondata has been amazing throughout the entire experience and it just sucks to see people who have distorted views of a company spread negativity where it's not necessary. Customer Service doesn't make a company, it makes it better.

In the end I think you are throwing a company under the bus for what appears to be an overreaction. You've sent me the thread and some other info, but unless there is more to it, I just think it's silly for what it is.

Also, if you think this is bad customer service, try working in the gun industry. There's a ton of friendly people here, just waiting to lose your business.
The gun industry is one of the worst!! I can't believe some of the horrible stories I have heard about local gun shops.... don't think I have ever encountered a larger group of retailers so dis-interested in selling their product/providing customer service. There are of course exceptions and those are the vendors I choose to patronize.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Instructor

So Day 2 on the RDX and I'm very impressed. I had a chance to get it on around town and man, what a difference. The pull is so nice that my head bobs and pushes me back in the seat a little. Haven't felt that since I put the downpipe on it initially. I'm not trying to make this a red herring but the evenness in the power band is so sweet, it now feels like a tuned car. As it should!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Advanced

down/mid was purchased privately from JCRDX11. You'll probably have to find a group buy or similar if you'd like to find one. But with FlashPro on the horizon, I wouldn't be surprised if someone came out with a set that is commercially available.

Downpipe was the most noticeable difference. I'd say ETS Intercooler second and Probably midpipe next. I think this is OK to publish, since it's a well known fact but the RDX suffers horribly under heat soak. So the intercooler plays a huge factor into feeling the HP. I have no way to determine fuel injectors since they were useless before the FlashPro.
I have a downpipe and mid-pipe coming...hopefully soon...Probably from the same fabricator you had yours made. I was just curious as I will have the whole exhaust side taken care of soon and I will definitely make the flashpro next on the list. From there, I have heard conflicting stories on the effectiveness of a CAI and with the crappy luck I have had in the past with them on other cars (hydrolock) I debate adding one at all. Do you believe the injectors help at all? How much did they run you? Thanks for the info.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:03 AM
Advanced

I am interested in when Hondata really put this project on the front burner. Reason I am saying this is because immediately when I bought my 2012 back in late Feb this year I immediately started badgering them...phone calls and e-mails to their Engineering and Sales departments. Posted several times on their forums rationalizing why they should help the few of us with a 2012 model with a reflash solution. It seems very coincidental that they moved it from "someday" status to "ok, we are doing it" after about 4-5 months of "random" barrages of requests to have this done.

So don't all thank me at once, buuuut...just kidding, while I did do all of the above, all I care about is that they are supporting our vehicle. I hope they get enough people buying into this so I am not made into a liar about the "plethora" of people I told them would be interested in this. I think they are doing us a big favor supporting our vehicle knowing their is such low volume.

I am kind of humored about the whole crappy customer service deal with Hondata. I did not get that feeling when I dealt with them numerous times other than the expected 'you have a vehicle nobody cares about modding' attitude. I agreed with that because its true. Dealing with them may be a little like dealing with the staff of a popular restaurant everyone wants to eat at: They may be a little cocky, bordering on rude, and probably overpriced a little, but it's all part of what has to be paid if you want to eat what all your friends and critics have been raving about.

You can call Hondata the Soup Nazi of aftermarket tuners: March squarely in line, eyes facing forward, get what you can on the menu, grab your soup, and run!

Last edited by rxtreme; 08-27-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:10 AM
Racer

I have a downpipe and mid-pipe coming...hopefully soon...Probably from the same fabricator you had yours made. I was just curious as I will have the whole exhaust side taken care of soon and I will definitely make the flashpro next on the list. From there, I have heard conflicting stories on the effectiveness of a CAI and with the crappy luck I have had in the past with them on other cars (hydrolock) I debate adding one at all. Do you believe the injectors help at all? How much did they run you? Thanks for the info.
If you manage to hydrolock a motor on a small suv, you were trying to do it. I have never come close to doing it on my Integra or my wifes tsx. If there were flooded sections I do the smart thing and drive around.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slow98teg
If you manage to hydrolock a motor on a small suv, you were trying to do it. I have never come close to doing it on my Integra or my wifes tsx. If there were flooded sections I do the smart thing and drive around.
Yes, because everyone wants to feel the joy of hydrolocking their engine at some point in their lives! Lol. I did it on a Mazdaspeed3 with an AEM CAI. The water I was driving thru wasn't even that deep. By the time I realized it was a problem it was too late. Not saying it would be easy to do in the RDX...just saying I had a bad experience with CAI's in the past. If I get another, I want to be see that the risk is minimal.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

So Day 2 on the RDX and I'm very impressed. I had a chance to get it on around town and man, what a difference. The pull is so nice that my head bobs and pushes me back in the seat a little. Haven't felt that since I put the downpipe on it initially. I'm not trying to make this a red herring but the evenness in the power band is so sweet, it now feels like a tuned car. As it should!
So did the stock injectors run out of duty cycle with all your mods?
Is the change to 600's necessary?
Old 08-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Instructor

Oh yeah, the FlashPro fixes the 2nd O2 sensor so that a defouler is not necessary.

It also corrects the AFR so that the intake can be used.

Rxtreme - mine was jalper pipes I believe. And perfect soup nazi analogy.

Without going into specifics, from what I understand the stock injectors were almost maxed with the mods I have, and would be maxed out with the next mod depending on what it is.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Instructor

Yes, because everyone wants to feel the joy of hydrolocking their engine at some point in their lives! Lol. I did it on a Mazdaspeed3 with an AEM CAI. The water I was driving thru wasn't even that deep. By the time I realized it was a problem it was too late. Not saying it would be easy to do in the RDX...just saying I had a bad experience with CAI's in the past. If I get another, I want to be see that the risk is minimal.
Don't run a CAI (correction, K&N intake) until you get the FlashPro. From what I understand the intake and standard reflash combined lean the vehicle out enough to make Hondata not want to run it until the FlashPro was uploaded.

Last edited by user65; 08-27-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 AM
WTF?

so since you cant say what it did on the dyno and you cant say anything about the tuning.. how fast do you think it is? quarter mile wise? ive seen a reflash and intake rdx turn a high 14 in the quarter mile.. with all your mods done plus flashpro you think your are in the 13 range?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Instructor

so since you cant say what it did on the dyno and you cant say anything about the tuning.. how fast do you think it is? quarter mile wise? ive seen a reflash and intake rdx turn a high 14 in the quarter mile.. with all your mods done plus flashpro you think your are in the 13 range?
I hope so, but it's hard to say. I'm not exactly a racer and I've never done a timed 1/4 mile before. I just like to make my cars go faster. I'll see if I can find some local spots where I can run a test and get back to you.

Last edited by user65; 08-27-2013 at 11:16 AM.
bluecarbonfiber (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Advanced

13's?? That would be awesome as (if I am doing my math right) that would likely place a 0-60 in the mid to low 5's on an AWD car. Though I have my doubts that would be likely with bolt ons and a reflash...we will see!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Racer

I'm pretty sure mid to low 13's could be had with your basic boltons and flashpro. If people are doing low 14's with the reflash and i/e its definitely possible. Curious what can be done with launching on flashpro.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
WTF?

13s should be possible if this with just reflash and intake could do mid to high 14s,
Old 08-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Is "world record" a joke? LOL. ooooooooohhhh 14.4!!! OMIGAH lol.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mucter
Is "world record" a joke? LOL. ooooooooohhhh 14.4!!! OMIGAH lol.
Gotta start somewhere
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slow98teg
I'm pretty sure mid to low 13's could be had with your basic boltons and flashpro. If people are doing low 14's with the reflash and i/e its definitely possible. Curious what can be done with launching on flashpro.
Someone bust that world record then in the above video! Lol. Mid to low 13's would be outstanding. Can't wait to see user65 post a video!

Here's hoping!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Instructor

Get your CC's ready!!!

http://hondata.com/flashpro_acura_rdx_turbo.html

I'll get to my writeup posted when I get the chance, but here is what you really want:
Looking for FlashPro RDX beta testers-4dlwn0e.gif
The following 4 users liked this post by user65:
bluecarbonfiber (08-27-2013), BU (08-28-2013), F23A4 (09-01-2013), noodle4rdx (10-10-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 rdx

Hey guys just wanted to throw out my dyno results since Hondata is releasing the flashpro. This is basically a reflashed Rdx.

Doug told me that there wasnt enough air getting across the intercooler so the numbers may look under rated.

This is a stock 2012

Obviously with full bolt ons, you will yield what User65 is making or more.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Racer

Get your CC's ready!!!

http://hondata.com/flashpro_acura_rdx_turbo.html

I'll get to my writeup posted when I get the chance, but here is what you really want:
I'm guessing that's comparing to bone stock? Looks like its an early Christmas present for my wife this year.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:34 PM
WTF?

hows the MPG?? if you are heavy foot i am sure it guzzles it but if you are light does it show a difference?? also looks like better benefits with a bigger injector do you know what type of injectors where used??

also any word on a group buy??

Last edited by bluecarbonfiber; 08-27-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Instructor

I forgot to include this but the Blue line is stock, red line is with everything + flash pro.

From the hondata page it seems that the 12 with it's exhaust, midpipe, and intake pretty much had the same hp increase as mine which has an intercooler, downpipe, and injectors over the 12. Perhaps the exhaust is a bit restrictive, but I think with mine being 6 years old and almost 120k miles it just isn't as fresh as the 12.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for FlashPro RDX beta testers