98 cl ecu questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:47 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98 cl ecu questions

Ok so someone stole my chip key and i have no others. My buddy and i tore out the ignition and put a racing style toggle and push start but i have no idea how to bypass immobilizer. I tried messing with ecu but in the end messed it up. My question is does anyone have any clue witch honda ecu's are interchangeable with my 1998 acura cl premium 2.3l vtec 5 speed. If not interchangeable can someone possibly message me or email instructions on how to bypass immobilizer.

Part number on my ecu is 37820-p6w-A01 1090-100220
Old 01-28-2017, 07:51 PM
7th Gear

As a side note i would much rather find a chipped ecu that would fit my car but am new to ecu's. Because the only other car i ever took time to build was a 1970 chevelle ss
Old 01-28-2017, 11:10 PM
3rd Gear

you would of been better off just getting a new key programmed to that immobilizer.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:04 PM
7th Gear

I realize that now but its to late so now i need to figure out how to bypass it and figure out witch honda ecu will work for me.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear

the only thing i can tell you ive heard is people wont tell you anything on here for security reasons and fat chance if they email you....they think your gonna steal...its bc we dont know you....it was the same for me..... but maybe someone emails you....but the only way to get around it is time lengthy so if you do figure it out you wont have time too steal soo....what ive read.... if you were to try obd1 ecu and harness conversion then you have too change manifold and it messes up ratios and all kinds of shit like that unless you know what your doing seriously with big time scanners.....but to modify your own ecu it gets into finding chips and soldering shit onto a mother board which in my eyes if your not a computer genius then dont do it bc it looked tricky a.f.....if you just change an ecu , that ecu looks for the last vin # of the car it was just in.....and it still fucks up unless you reprogramm it which isnt easy either....then the best part is that you would still need a key to get programmed with the new ecu... so ecu wont do shit.....you would need too find an ecu, the immobilizer out of the same car and the key too that car which currently works .... then switch it all....theres no way in hell youll find that combo unless your buddy has one and his transmissions blown or the car was flipped and hes selling it for dirt cheap and you take all that stuff out....then the even best part that ecu has too match exact part numbers....good luck with that.......so theres no hope man im sorry to tell you that... you mite find someone thats a genius and has a huge shop and big scanners that can do something but these days idk.... these cars suck nuts sometimes....ive thought about just selling the bitch and saying fuck you ill get a new one....someone can use it for the engine and trans....IDK....i feel you though....best wishes my man its almost 4:20 haha
Old 02-04-2017, 01:38 PM
7th Gear

I got it

So i guess i am a computer genius then cause it's running with no immobilizer, no immobilizer chip and i Frankensteined a 2nd ecu for what i needed.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:42 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Tiny420
So i guess i am a computer genius then cause it's running with no immobilizer, no immobilizer chip and i Frankensteined a 2nd ecu for what i needed.
It took alot of studying and some knowledge of computer boards but The Bastard is running.