1999 CL HVAC vent modes won't work

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1999 CL HVAC vent modes won't work

My vents were stuck with air only blowing out of the side and windshield vents. I am able to toggle through the various modes on the control panel but regardless of what is shows on the panel the actual air flow never changes. I checked the fuse and it looks fine. Also the various other toggles such as air recirculation and heat/cool mix work fine, as does the blower.

I found the motor assembly that adjusts the air flow modes and performed a few tests to see if it is faulty. With the motor assembly dismounted, but still connected to the wiring harness, I tried switching the various modes but the motor arm didn't change positions. I then took the assembly apart to check for anything that may be broken or stuck. The gears all move freely and when I applies power to the motor, using a 9V battery directly to the lead on the motor itself, it works fine and spins the gears with no problems. At this point I suspect that maybe signal isn't being sent to the assembly telling it to change but I don't know what I need to do to test the wiring harness or whatever else could be the problem.

Does anyone have a service manual or instructions/advice on what to test next?
Attached Thumbnails 1999 CL HVAC vent modes won't work-motor-assembly-mode.jpg