rear windshield Tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Avs
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear windshield Tint

I replaced my rear windshield, as it had a dark factory tint. Safelite glass brought a rear windshield to replace it, but it did not have the same tint. To got the part number from a local dealership. Safelite is ordered it. When it came in it was still not the correct tint. The parts guy said that Acura only had one window for the 2012 MDX. I picked up the pieces of the original window. It did not have a aftermarket tint. What is the deal? I have been searching for the correct window for many months and any assistance is s appreciated.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:36 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
The rear window does have a Factory Tint chemically infused into the glass..
Your issue is that they probably installed an Aftermarket Unit that does not match with the OE Tint... Did they show you the invoice for a real Honda Rear Window?? OEM Windows are pretty expensive.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:54 PM
Avs
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Skirmich
The rear window does have a Factory Tint chemically infused into the glass..
Your issue is that they probably installed an Aftermarket Unit that does not match with the OE Tint... Did they show you the invoice for a real Honda Rear Window?? OEM Windows are pretty expensive.
Yes I did. I went to an Acura dealer and got the part number to compare. Acura claims there was never a factory window sold that was any darker tint than the one they gave safelite. This is not true, because my original rear windshield was factory.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:57 PM
Avs
3rd Gear

This is the number from the original window: United LN glass dot404 m273 g as3 uln