Welcome to the Dark Side...
Old 09-05-2016, 01:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by Skirmich
From the looks of it... Time to replace that Profile Pic
Welcome to the Dark Side...
Thank you!

Yes you are totally right! I haven't had a chance to go somewhere nice and take a pic yet. I need to go for a nice drive somewhere and take some mean pics and update that profile pic.

Side but related note: I hand calculated my MPG, I am getting 16 MPG. For something this large and powerful and the way I was literally hitting red line every drive (sometimes multiple times) and as aggressive as I was driving, I WILL TAKE IT! My 2004 touareg 3.2 V6 only had 230hp and weighed about 500 pounds more with a 6 speed auto only got 14MPG and I was literally driving it like it had unborn chicken eggs. Hyper miling as much as possible, manual shifting...etc. RDX got 18-19 mpg with aggressive city driving and I was really happy with that.

I bet I can get it to 18mpg city if I drive normal. I also want to replace spark plugs soon and valve adjustment (though I will see if the dealer has records for those as the previous owner did the timing belt 30k early and took good care of it).
Old 09-05-2016, 02:20 AM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
I have gotten to 18mpgs but driving like a total grandpa.. Daily basis I get 15-16 depending on traffic... On horrible traffic days I am lucky to break 14mpgs
How is your Hwy Mileage? My best is 25mpgs constant at 60mph.. After 70mph MPGs goes nose dive in lows 19s.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:43 AM
Suzuka Master

I have gotten to 18mpgs but driving like a total grandpa.. Daily basis I get 15-16 depending on traffic... On horrible traffic days I am lucky to break 14mpgs
How is your Hwy Mileage? My best is 25mpgs constant at 60mph.. After 70mph MPGs goes nose dive in lows 19s.
You are technically at sea level correct? So you should have maximum air availability and therefore more power and better fuel economy. I am about 2200 feet above sea level. I am going to try driving normally this tank and see how it goes.

I haven't done much highway, but I will try to calculate next time I go (hopefully tomorrow if I get a chance) and let you know. But I have to admit, 25 mpg for a full time AWD SUV weighing 4500 pounds, with an old 5 speed automatic, without any fancy tech like variable valve timing on the exhaust side or direct injection or DOHC is pretty damn good! I would still kill for the 6 speed though and wish my X weighed 400-500 pounds less. Would have been a rocket I bet.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:51 AM

Yeah the 6 speed and the Adaptive Cruise Control are the only 2 things I absolutely Envy from the Facelift model.... I can live with these MPGs as I was expecting them before buying it so its no biggie.
I am not that impressed about being 25mpgs at 60mph though... Specially on our Highways where 60mph is like 40mph considering everyone else are pushing 90mph, I feel like everyone else have Warp Speed engaged when I am hyper milling...

I can totally travel at 90mph with the X but MPGs goes to hell...
My TL-S is pushing 250whp and it does 31mpgs at 80mph.

Last edited by Skirmich; 09-05-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah the 6 speed and the Adaptive Cruise Control are the only 2 things I absolutely Envy from the Facelift model.... I can live with these MPGs as I was expecting them before buying it so its no biggie.
I envy the 6 speed, Cooled seats, and Milano leather. Otherwise don't care for the visual changes to the front (especially dislike the rear) and the elctronic nannies (while I am certain I would use and love) I could live without probably.

Hey I was expecting 14mpg and under. I will gladly take 16mpg with a lead foot any day of the week. If I can hit 17mpg with normal driving, I will take it. Mid range passing power is awesome, though I wish there was a shift down button under the accelerator pedal to force a kick down like I had on my touareg and x5.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:18 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
It would be cool if you take a picture of the MDX, just like the RDX, and edit them both into an Avitar picture, like a split screen to show both Acuras!!!
Old 09-05-2016, 04:38 AM

I am so used to SS I literally shift into SS naturally now when I need full control, no need to think about it.
I got the experience from my TLS since it uses the same setup for SS in the MDX.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Null and proud of it

[img]webkit-fake-url://74c2369e-e890-4001-8c6a-44586b804d49/imagejpeg[/img]

Try this!!!

Put the RDX where one flag is, and the MDX in another to show both!!!
Old 09-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
It would be cool if you take a picture of the MDX, just like the RDX, and edit them both into an Avitar picture, like a split screen to show both Acuras!!!
Haha good idea, but it won't show well in the small Avatar window I think. Besides sadly the RDX is gone now and time to post up the MDX!

I am so used to SS I literally shift into SS naturally now when I need full control, no need to think about it.
I got the experience from my TLS since it uses the same setup for SS in the MDX.
I have had SS mode on every vehicle I have owned. I vastly prefer sport mode over SS. Why would Acura put it in the RDX and omit it from the MDX along with paddle shifters? Both came out at the same time, so most likely under development at the same time too. For me SS is useless because it doesn't repond fast enough, though I love that Acura lets me fully control my car, even bouncing on the rev limiter (which I only fid once to see if it would let me) till I let it shift. With the RDX, putting it into the sport mode on the shifter locked out 5th gear, held the revs higher and meant I could get to second gear very very easily.

In the RDX, whenever I needed extra power now, I would pull the shifter back into sport, mash the accelerator and away I go. MDX does a slight 2 step down shift before accelerating really starts.

Last edited by RDX10; 09-05-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:46 PM

The TL-S did it better at least in the 2nd Gen..
You have D5 (Full D), D4 (Locks out 5th gear), D3 (Like the MDX), 2nd and 1st all in the shift gate. Obviously this makes it quite crowded:

What I like the most of SS in the TL-S with the AV6 Swap is the shift speed, Its wicked fast even on the original transmission its way faster than the MDX...
I guess since the MDX has a Heavy Duty transmission it wasn´t designed for fast shifts but rather durability/tow.. I never liked steering mounted paddle shifters since its a gimmick.. Paddle shifters need to be mounted in the steering column otherwise they are all an after thought.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:04 PM

What sucks about SS in the TL-S is that 1st to 2nd gear was automatic like it or not you could not hold 1st gear at all... If you wanted to ehemmm race? you needed to shift gate.
1st > 2nd > D3 > D4

The MDX allows you to hold 1st because you don´t have a shift gate to select 1st and 2nd like the TL-S not because it has any sporting pretentions.
Lack of proper D4 on the MDX also sucks, that is what would make it similar to RDX "Sport Mode"

Also to get proper acceleration on the MDX you need to launch it (Brake, Gas to 2K RPM and release brake) this will give you the kind of acceleration you would expect out of a 300HP engine...
Old 09-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Null and proud of it

In the RDX, sport mode just makes the transmission hit the limiter instead of shift, right... That's all... I've only used it one....
Old 09-05-2016, 10:59 PM

What difference it makes against going full WOT?? D4 makes the shifts longer too just like D3 in the MDX.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Suzuka Master

What sucks about SS in the TL-S is that 1st to 2nd gear was automatic like it or not you could not hold 1st gear at all... If you wanted to ehemmm race? you needed to shift gate.
1st > 2nd > D3 > D4

The MDX allows you to hold 1st because you don´t have a shift gate to select 1st and 2nd like the TL-S not because it has any sporting pretentions.
Lack of proper D4 on the MDX also sucks, that is what would make it similar to RDX "Sport Mode"

Also to get proper acceleration on the MDX you need to launch it (Brake, Gas to 2K RPM and release brake) this will give you the kind of acceleration you would expect out of a 300HP engine...
I'm so sorry for not replying to this sooner.

I love that the transmission will allow me to hold gears and won't upshift automatically. I think what the hell is the point of a manumatic mode if you are going to upshift normally anyways?

I also did not know that the D3 functions somewhat like sport mode, that is really useful. I thought it locked the transmission into 3rd gear at all times because a lot of older cars (like your tl-s) have multiple positions on the shifter for d1,d2,d3,L...etc.

I agree the paddles have to be large and on the column or else they are garbage. Though I still kinda wish I had some.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:30 PM

Yeah D3 is basically a lock out of 4th and 5th (It will shift from 1st - 2nd - 3rd). It was actually made for Towing so its behavior is to hold gears and its quick to engine brake. For low speed roads is amazing, I use it when I am stuck in traffic in the city it makes 1st to hold longer at low speed so its quicker to take off.

But since it tops off at 3rd sometimes I forget that is in D3 when I get to a ramp into the hwy I keep asking myself why am I going 60mph at 5000RPM? Hahahaha gotta be careful to swtich it back to D when going above 40mph.

And BTW you can start in 2nd gear using SS. If you select SS you can shift into 2nd from 0mph this is to help you get unstuck from snow or mud. Its also useful for freezing states when you dont want to lose traction on all seasons from takeoff.

Last edited by Skirmich; 09-22-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Update! Sort of!

What's up guys!

So if you remember in my initial post I mentioned 2 issues, mild rust and non-functioning navi unit.

Well now we are down to one issue. Took it to a body shop, removed the rust and repainted the driver side rear quarter panel and rear passenger door. The paint guy did an amazing job blending the paint, it looks exactly like factory. No issues at all and am beyond happy to have fixed it before the winter came.

Now I need to fix the navi unit and for the love of god my HFL quit on me. Going to try the heat gun method soon or otherwise might just not bother if it doesn't work because I don't really use it like I thought I would. Oh and I am 99% sure my rear bushings need to be replaced, I get a mild squeak from the rear over really wavy pavement where the rear squats a bit, but it only happens when cold. These past 2 weeks we have been having anywhere from 30 degrees celsius to -1 and it only comes when cold which makes sense since the rubber most likely contracts causing the squeak.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:46 PM

My HFL Unit was working fine, I D/C it just to prevent it from draining my brand new battery that I got for the MDX in case it failed in the future.
Dont Miss It though.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah D3 is basically a lock out of 4th and 5th (It will shift from 1st - 2nd - 3rd). It was actually made for Towing so its behavior is to hold gears and its quick to engine brake. For low speed roads is amazing, I use it when I am stuck in traffic in the city it makes 1st to hold longer at low speed so its quicker to take off.

But since it tops off at 3rd sometimes I forget that is in D3 when I get to a ramp into the hwy I keep asking myself why am I going 60mph at 5000RPM? Hahahaha gotta be careful to swtich it back to D when going above 40mph.

And BTW you can start in 2nd gear using SS. If you select SS you can shift into 2nd from 0mph this is to help you get unstuck from snow or mud. Its also useful for freezing states when you dont want to lose traction on all seasons from takeoff.
Honestly though, I rarely ever use the manumatic mode other than just engine braking. So in the grand scheme of things it doesn't bother me that I don't have everything lol.

I can't say how many times I have forgotten it in manual mode in the rdx and wondered what the hell was going on.

Funny story about the second gear in SS. A few years back we owned a 2007 Hyundai santa fe limited 3.3 AWD with 5 speed auto and SS mode. I had falsely read somewhere that putting a car into second gear from a stop would make it faster. So here I am at an intersection about to race a face-lift 2G MDX (way out of my league by the way) and think to myself I am going to put up a good fight, so I threw it into second gear. I was literally red in the face when this guy was a football field ahead of me within 3 seconds. I will never forget that day. I wish I could have known and left it in D. The 0-60 times are not too far apart and power to weight ratio are similar so would have been fun (though I know I would have still eaten dust.

My HFL Unit was working fine, I D/C it just to prevent it from draining my brand new battery that I got for the MDX in case it failed in the future.
Dont Miss It though.
Mine worked and connected as expected, than out of nowhere just died. Not sure what happened. But honestly, like you said. I don't care very much but thought I would. I have more pertinent things to worry about. I miss my RDX. ZERO problems when I sold it.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Update!!

Hello everyone!

This is my next update on my MDX. Still loving it, but at one point did actually consider selling it and I'll elaborate below.

What did I do since last time: I ended up getting the rust repaired and the rear driver side door/quarter panel (over side windows as well) repainted. I also installed a 1mile 2-way remote starter. The factory remote start on my previous RDX was atrocious, this one is slightly better. Navigation is still broken, bought new disc, opened unit and tried cleaning laser, prayed to god, sacrificed a banana and 3 sheep and no luck. Found a used one for $350, think I am going to jump on it. I also plasti dipped the wheels and part of the grille satin-gloss black. Was supposed to be gloss, turned out satin. Pics below or next post.

Why was I going to sell it at one point: I love the MDX, phenomenal vehicle, really can damce when asked to, the V6 has a very nice sound track, very good get up and go, combo of reliability, luxury, and sport are hard to beat at this price point and and the thing IMHO looks pure sex. But it is a BIG car, I am a 22 year old, I don't need something this large and furthermore it sometimes feels ponderous with the big steering and large turning circle. I really was very close to selling it, but I couldn't get myself to put up the ad. I have dreamed about an MDX since it came out, I don't think there is any vehicle capable of combining all it's virtues for under 20k right now. It makes me feel special everytime I get in it, I still see people looking at it while I drive, it still has the old school Acura charm and character smilar to Germans. The 255 wide tires are nothing to scoff at either compared to the 3G's 235 wide tires. I can see myself being in it for as many years as I would like without worrying about anything and since I won't be done univeristy for a few more years, I think I will keep it. The SH-AWD is a dream in bad snowy conditions and with snow tires it is like a tractor.

Without further ado, pics:

Old 11-22-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Good looks..

Get those fogs cleaned up and maybe some tire shine...
Old 11-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by teh CL
Good looks..

Get those fogs cleaned up and maybe some tire shine...
haha agreed! The lighting in these pics is awful, the fogs are actually alright in person but have been considering using the 3M headlight kit on them, headlights thankfully have 3M so look brand new. The wheels are screaming for tire shine, but tire shine eats plastidip so I am scared to ruin it. I read about using a sponge dipped in tire shine (but don't worry, won't use the tire shine on my hood, hope you seen that inside joke) and rubbing it on the rubber. Though I worry it will drip onto the rubber.

Do you think it's ricey at all? I hope I didn't go overboard.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:28 PM

Man your MDX is screaming for the Sport Running Boards...
I still think this is my best picture so far:
Name:  MDX%20BUF_zpskg8rav8q.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  341.6 KB
Old 11-22-2016, 03:34 PM

As far as the size go well... I come from a 2G TL-S which has the turning radius of a small planet, the MDX has been by far, hands down way more drivable in the City than my TL-S..
The MDX Turning radius beats my TL-S, my Bros Grand Cherokee, my Bros Pathfinder, My parents Tesla S and my former Monte Carlo so I sincerely do not know how small your streets are Here in SD is night and day with the X vs my TL-S... Perhaps since you come from small cars? but for me the MDX is the most drivable car I ever had in the City and the Smallest too.

I will keep the MDX for sure, only way I am parting ways with it is if I ever get my hands on a ZDX I know I will lose cargo space and seating but the ZDX is the only vehicle I think is worth trading my MDX for.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:18 PM
Null and proud of it

I like your update post!!!
Old 11-23-2016, 01:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Man your MDX is screaming for the Sport Running Boards...
I still think this is my best picture so far:
Wow loving that pic, is this in the tahoe region? Also didn't know you had the sport running boards, I agree screaming for them, but the cheapest ones I can find locally are 400 for ONE side....ouch.

As far as the size go well... I come from a 2G TL-S which has the turning radius of a small planet, the MDX has been by far, hands down way more drivable in the City than my TL-S..
The MDX Turning radius beats my TL-S, my Bros Grand Cherokee, my Bros Pathfinder, My parents Tesla S and my former Monte Carlo so I sincerely do not know how small your streets are Here in SD is night and day with the X vs my TL-S... Perhaps since you come from small cars? but for me the MDX is the most drivable car I ever had in the City and the Smallest too.

I will keep the MDX for sure, only way I am parting ways with it is if I ever get my hands on a ZDX I know I will lose cargo space and seating but the ZDX is the only vehicle I think is worth trading my MDX for.
hmm interesting, I thought the tl would be way easier to drive than the mdx. I have only ever owned mid size crossovers with exception of the RDX. All drove exactly like the MDX except obviously the RDX which drives like a tall hatchback vs a crossover. We also own that santa fe in the pics and although the santa fe is only a few inches shorter and narrower, it drives like night and day different than the MDX. It is very very maneuverable, in parking lots it is a breeze and just overall feels so much easier to drive. I think this has more to do with lighter steering and overall weighing roughly 700 pounds less.

How is the parents model S?, I can't imagine I would not be driving that thing daily if my parents had one lol. I also LOVE the ZDX, I honestly don't see why people hate it or think it is ugly. The accord crosstour I do understand but the ZDX in black looks like a fricken bat mobile! I would definitely trade in the MDX on a ZDX any day of the week. Just the added features alone and probably much better handling pull me in, forget about the exclusivity.

I like your update post!!!
Hey man, thanks for chiming in, where have you been, what are you up to and how is the RDX? Still severely missing mine.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:22 AM

That picture is in Baja California it is part of the "" https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-2g-m...dition-944443/ "" Thread..
My MDX is Tech + RES I bought it with optional Sport Running boards, Fender/Wheel well Garnish (Those black plastic things in the fenders?), All weather mats, Wheel locks.
I am planning on getting the OEM Hitch Package and the Doors side moldings.

Gotta remember that the turning radius is more of an issue with Length than the Wideness my TL-S is way longer than my MDX but is also Thinner.
My parents live in L.A. so I only have the chance to drive it when I visit them, Fully blown P90D but they will be replacing it with a Tesla X someday soon..
And yes that thing pulls like crazy but I can only afford it in my wildest dreams.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:43 AM
Suzuka Master

That picture is in Baja California it is part of the "" https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-2g-m...dition-944443/ "" Thread..
My MDX is Tech + RES I bought it with optional Sport Running boards, Fender/Wheel well Garnish (Those black plastic things in the fenders?), All weather mats, Wheel locks.
I am planning on getting the OEM Hitch Package and the Doors side moldings.

Gotta remember that the turning radius is more of an issue with Length than the Wideness my TL-S is way longer than my MDX but is also Thinner.
My parents live in L.A. so I only have the chance to drive it when I visit them, Fully blown P90D but they will be replacing it with a Tesla X someday soon..
And yes that thing pulls like crazy but I can only afford it in my wildest dreams.
Oh wow, that is so cool! I imagine shawd would do amazing in an offroad rig (though doubt it is robust enough for continuous use. All I have from that list are the wheel locks and all weather mats. The fender garnish/flares are neat, but I prefer the ones on German cars where they are a bit thicker and extend out (search fender flares on the X5 and VS tiguan). The door side moldings are much needed in this 78 inch wide beast. My touaregs were 2004-2007 models and they are designed in such a way that the lower cladding sticks out ever so slightly compared to the doors and therefore side sills were never necessary...kinda wish the MDX had something similar going on. Also you are lucky the running boards are there, the clear is flaking like mad on my mdx on the lower doors, had to get the rear one painted on the driver side because or chips.

Well I will be damned, I had to look it up because it is so deceiving and you are right! The tl IS longer, I would not have ever guessed that...isn't the 2G RL the 190" as well? That makes the tl longer.

Oohh nice! I dream of moving to LA or orange county or even the bay area some day. So tired of living in a land locked cold shell of a city where everyone just kinda slinks through life. Mmm P90D!! I woukd be all over that all day! I seen the model X for the first time a couole weeks back...I don't hate it, I don't love it either though. Oh and man we are still VERY young, getting our lives together still. Iirc you are only 27 correct?
Old 11-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Null and proud of it

RDX10 :

Hey man, thanks for chiming in, where have you been, what are you up to and how is the RDX? Still severely missing mine.
I'm pretty much alone most of the time in rural Mississippi... I'm done with New Orleans...

I've been doing farm-like things... I'm in town today getting an oil change, now at about 187,740, and running great...

As much as I love the RDX, I'm getting board with it, and I'm pretty much Dying to finally replace that Camry with a 7th hen Accord, one day... I love the torque of the turbo... I can hit 60 in 8-10 seconds without revving 6,000k rpm, all I need is 4,000k rpm and I'm gone... I've also learned to NEVER floor it from a stop as it will almost stand still for 2-4 seconds...

I miss being able to floor my I4's, and I mean bad....

I modded a few things, maybe I can post a few pics...
Old 11-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Null and proud of it

Old 11-23-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by RDX10
Oh wow, that is so cool! I imagine shawd would do amazing in an offroad rig (though doubt it is robust enough for continuous use. All I have from that list are the wheel locks and all weather mats. The fender garnish/flares are neat, but I prefer the ones on German cars where they are a bit thicker and extend out (search fender flares on the X5 and VS tiguan). The door side moldings are much needed in this 78 inch wide beast. My touaregs were 2004-2007 models and they are designed in such a way that the lower cladding sticks out ever so slightly compared to the doors and therefore side sills were never necessary...kinda wish the MDX had something similar going on. Also you are lucky the running boards are there, the clear is flaking like mad on my mdx on the lower doors, had to get the rear one painted on the driver side because or chips.

Well I will be damned, I had to look it up because it is so deceiving and you are right! The tl IS longer, I would not have ever guessed that...isn't the 2G RL the 190" as well? That makes the tl longer.

Oohh nice! I dream of moving to LA or orange county or even the bay area some day. So tired of living in a land locked cold shell of a city where everyone just kinda slinks through life. Mmm P90D!! I woukd be all over that all day! I seen the model X for the first time a couole weeks back...I don't hate it, I don't love it either though. Oh and man we are still VERY young, getting our lives together still. Iirc you are only 27 correct?

Yep I am 27 hahahaha my friends can´t believe I like to drive a Soccer Mom car but then again the don´t know the Joys and Glory of VTAK and SHAWDDD..
The MDX fender flares do protrude about 1 to 1.5" from the Body so its noticeable against an MDX without them, They are not as aggressive as the 1st gen MDX Fender Flares though but they are smaller and in different shape than the X5 and Tiguan flares.
It kinda shows in this picture:

My Running Boards side black trim is damaged though.. Like some rocks got flying and hit the plastic trim on the sides and broke it, I think I will have to Plasti Dip them in the future because you can see the aluminum in the back from the board itself it looks bad this is on the drivers side too. I haven't get it done because is like in the bottom of my priority list.
I believe the 2G TL is about 193? Perhaps you were thinking about the shorter 3G TL which is 188-189 (The odd one). The 4th gen TL dwarfs both at 195" though I would love to get one but it will be a PITA to drive it in a parking lot.

I don't like L.A. that much.. It got very aggressive drivers and stupid long traffic jams, also the air smells funny..
You will be happier somewhere in the North of Cali if you live in a freezing Area.. L.A. gets insanely hot in the summer, Here in SD we get summers of 120°F (Almost 50°C) that is why my first mod was installing the ATF Cooler in the MDX.

The P90D was like the midlife crisis of my dad my mother was never happy with him having a car that do 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. I was the one that suggested the Tesla X to them since they are in the "Musk Bandwagon" but they also like to be the spoiling grandfathers for my nephews so the X felt alright for the seating and cargo space.. I haven't personally seen it IRL so I cannot comment on how it looks.. By the pictures I absolutely hate it, but I also disliked some design cues of the P90D specially the front grille.. I did like the iPad Pro in the middle of the dashboard though, I wish Acura ditched the dumb 2 screen layout for 1 single big screen like the Tesla.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:10 PM

The RDX begs for the TURBO moniker below the DOCH sticker.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Null and proud of it

The RDX begs for the TURBO moniker below the DOCH sticker.
Hmmm... Never thought about that...

How do you like the tail lights, they look rich, like on the new MDX in a way...
Old 11-23-2016, 03:53 PM

I always liked the RDX Taillights even in stock form, I think the rear end of the RDX is the best angle.
Can you post a picture of the rear to see what you did more clearly?
Old 11-23-2016, 11:14 PM
Null and proud of it

I always liked the RDX Taillights even in stock form, I think the rear end of the RDX is the best angle.
I agree, but not so much straight on from the rear...

I feel eel the reverse light area and mirrors are still recognizable on the current RDX...

Old 11-24-2016, 12:58 AM
Suzuka Master

I'm pretty much alone most of the time in rural Mississippi... I'm done with New Orleans...

I've been doing farm-like things... I'm in town today getting an oil change, now at about 187,740, and running great...

As much as I love the RDX, I'm getting board with it, and I'm pretty much Dying to finally replace that Camry with a 7th hen Accord, one day... I love the torque of the turbo... I can hit 60 in 8-10 seconds without revving 6,000k rpm, all I need is 4,000k rpm and I'm gone... I've also learned to NEVER floor it from a stop as it will almost stand still for 2-4 seconds...

I miss being able to floor my I4's, and I mean bad....

I modded a few things, maybe I can post a few pics...
Nice, good to see you are doing well. New Orleans has alligators right? You talked about that delay in the past, that was weird and is still weird. My RDX had zero delay. Something is not right with yours. It sucks because you are like me, get bored of cars so fast, especially since I love them so much when I buy them.

Feel free to post as many pics as you like!

I gotta be honest with you, the film on the turn signal mirrors is a turn off, but overall looking good. Love that color and the yellow fogs.

Yep I am 27 hahahaha my friends can´t believe I like to drive a Soccer Mom car but then again the don´t know the Joys and Glory of VTAK and SHAWDDD..
The MDX fender flares do protrude about 1 to 1.5" from the Body so its noticeable against an MDX without them, They are not as aggressive as the 1st gen MDX Fender Flares though but they are smaller and in different shape than the X5 and Tiguan flares.
It kinda shows in this picture:

My Running Boards side black trim is damaged though.. Like some rocks got flying and hit the plastic trim on the sides and broke it, I think I will have to Plasti Dip them in the future because you can see the aluminum in the back from the board itself it looks bad this is on the drivers side too. I haven't get it done because is like in the bottom of my priority list.
I believe the 2G TL is about 193? Perhaps you were thinking about the shorter 3G TL which is 188-189 (The odd one). The 4th gen TL dwarfs both at 195" though I would love to get one but it will be a PITA to drive it in a parking lot.

I don't like L.A. that much.. It got very aggressive drivers and stupid long traffic jams, also the air smells funny..
You will be happier somewhere in the North of Cali if you live in a freezing Area.. L.A. gets insanely hot in the summer, Here in SD we get summers of 120°F (Almost 50°C) that is why my first mod was installing the ATF Cooler in the MDX.

The P90D was like the midlife crisis of my dad my mother was never happy with him having a car that do 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. I was the one that suggested the Tesla X to them since they are in the "Musk Bandwagon" but they also like to be the spoiling grandfathers for my nephews so the X felt alright for the seating and cargo space.. I haven't personally seen it IRL so I cannot comment on how it looks.. By the pictures I absolutely hate it, but I also disliked some design cues of the P90D specially the front grille.. I did like the iPad Pro in the middle of the dashboard though, I wish Acura ditched the dumb 2 screen layout for 1 single big screen like the Tesla.
Try being 22 where all my friends drive infinit g's and some drive big pickups, and other very sporty sedans. I feel like if we were local we'd be really good friends haha Sometimes I wish I liked sedans...I do, but would have to have an SUV as my daily driver. Have never owned a sedan yet. I agree though, I love SH-AWD and am actually really excited for some deep snow to give it a real thorough working.

I like the MDX flares, if mine had them it wouldn't have had the rust on the lower fender. Going to definitely look for side steps on my next vehicle. Btw I wish the MDX came with painted front and rear bumpers, that black one looks amazing. I would plastidip it sooner rather than later, not sure if it can corrode but you never know. Yes about 192.3 or 7 and wow 195 for the 4G, that is REALLY pushing on the large size of the scale.

I just really want to live on or near the beach, have fig and orange trees. Be able to go out in shorts and a T-shirt all year long. Northern cali gets a bit too cold for my tastes. I love snow, but would not mind never seeing it again. I am currently considering a move to vancouver in the next few years. Almost no snow, plus 17 in december usually. But gotta wait for now.

I can imagine she would. I was next to one one time and have never seen something accelerate so fast. It was ok looking, but I definitely do not love it. I actually hate the giant ipad looking thing, it looks too long and low and the dash looks too spartan. I personally love the ipad looking dash in the new Volvos though, that looks awesome, not too big or too small.

I agree 100% with this, the front was kinda meh, but the rear end looks awesome, Aura definitely knows how to do the rear 3/4 angle very well.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:59 PM
Null and proud of it

Old 11-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Null and proud of it

But this is really what I want^^^!

I just can't decide between the K24 and J30, I love the quick but not overkill of the I4, but I just don't know if I could live without the torque of the V6... I like to accelerate 0-60 at 1/4 throttle, not to exceed 4K RPM in about 10 seconds... Can the I4 do that, I doubt it...

Thats what I love about the RDX, it just doesn't downshift, and when it does, it doesn't put me into the seat harder as RPMs increase... I think the power and is very flat...

Oh well, enough to about that... That'll be a replacement for my old Camry...

Now, I got an oil change at the dealer yesterday, only cost $37 USD... Not bat at all!!! And they used the Honda grade Synthedic as specified... In fact, my dealer is in the top 50 new car dealers in the U.S., I'm just proud of my little old town I guess...

Yes, New Orleans has alligators, but they're not in town, more in the marsh lands south and west... People run over them, and it's bad, like hitting a big log in the road, it's killed people before... Likely, I'm never, well, was never near those areas...

If you want to see whet it's like, don't expect all Frech Quater Cajun junk, that's an over statement of reality there, I wast primarily in the Metairie area...

Im done with that life...

Well, I'm glad to write on here from time to time...

Good of see updates...

Best at of luck with the MDX and all you're doing to it!!!
Old 11-25-2016, 04:01 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I would check out the 06-08 TSX with the 6MT if you are leaning towards a I-4. It would be a sportier version of 4dr accord with better handling, HIDs, unique styling, a few more luxury touches, and the same Honda reliability. The 06-08 5AT TSX checks all the same boxes; but, the tranny is geared taller than the 6MT and not as quick/responsive (very good mpgs even at 80 mph as an up side with 5AT). The Accord 2dr in V6 form would be my choice if I could live with less doors.

I love my SS in my TSX because I can hear/feel the i-vtec switchover to know when to shift. The TSX is much easier to drive with one hand because of its size and balance. It is a little harder in my RDX using the paddles because switchover happens around 4500-4700 rpms and it still pulls hard until fuel cutoff (hondata+ETS intercooler). Mostly use paddles to get rpms up for engaging sh-awd earlier in a turn to power out or slow the RDX down instead of tapping the brakes.

I like the 6AT in my MDX; but, it can do a lot shifting on hwy on hilly terrain (kills my mpgs). I can almost do a downshift to 5th gear on every incline and 4th gear downshift about 30% of the time on steeper inclines. It doesn't help the speed limit is 75-80 mph and I drive 5-10 mph faster than that. I mostly use the paddles for 1-2 gear downshifts to get up the cruise control speed faster if I have to slow down because of traffic. I love love love ACC for long distance hwy driving. I just have to set my follow distance and the MDX does everything else.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Null and proud of it

Thanks Mr.gold35, but I just feel cramped in the TSX, and I'm not that big on the styling, I don't know why...

I'm going for the "Less is more" thing, and want to take an average vehicle, then elevate it... I can't decribe it, but I'm beyond infatuated with the 7gen Accord and a also have a big love for the 2003-05 models as I can get a cable instead of DBW...

Late last year, I test road a 2004 K24, then a 2007AV6... While the V6 was fast, the I4 was way more fun... It made me much happier, I can't describe it...

It even whined before the upshift after vtec...

Does vtec engage at full throttle, I seem to find it only at part throttle if I hold gears until about 5k rpm... I feel it right at 4,700 rpm!!!

Well, I'll be back on Tuesday, 10 days...

I'll read your reply then... Thanks all...

Thank you RDX10 for letting me use your thread...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally got myself a 2G MDX!